Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Strange Tenants - Etihad deal

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:32 am
Post subject: Strange Tenants - Etihad dealReply with quote

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-a-long-way-from-buying-eithad-stadium-andrew-demetriou-20140302-33u2c.html

looks like a stadium acquisition is still some time off. i am not really sure how club administrators could have signed off on such bad deals. surely someone would have done some due dilligence and been advised it was nqr.

and on a slightly related note ... come along to see one of nick's own:

Quote:

CALLING ALL RUDIES and their families!! Here's your chance to bring your kids to a free outdoor family friendly Strange Tenants concert.

STRANGE TENANTS at MOOMBA - 6:30pm Saturday 8th March 2014.

Main Arena - Alexandra Gardens (between Princess Bridge and the rowing club sheds on the south bank of the Yarra River).

Please come in your finest rude gear and show Melbourne what the ska scene is all about !!

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

and anybody in Brizzy on the 14th Mar. P.O.W Hotel....The Skaman and Rudeboy will be re-united! Smile Comin down from Townsville, gunna be a rip snorter!

Shameless plug for the lads, well done Wrenny! Wink

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

John the most interesting part of that article is the expected profit of $15 million for the year. Sounds great doesn't it ? Well the NRL announced a profit of $50 million only a week ago. Wonder how this could be given the crowd support at games and the merchandising of all the clubs.
It's easy to figure out really. The AFL spends it's extra revenue propping up clubs who have got themselves into such a financial mess they will never be off the AFL financial life support.
The $15 million will be lucky to cover there legal bills in the upcoming year when the ASADA report hits and the AFL will have to try and defend themselves from such poor governance decisions.
But at least Vlad is going but not before he manages to waste money of the AFL funds.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:41 pm
Post subject: Re: Strange Tenants - Etihad dealReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-a-long-way-from-buying-eithad-stadium-andrew-demetriou-20140302-33u2c.html

looks like a stadium acquisition is still some time off. i am not really sure how club administrators could have signed off on such bad deals. surely someone would have done some due dilligence and been advised it was nqr.

Quote:

CALLING ALL RUDIES and their families!! Here's your chance to bring your kids to a free outdoor family friendly Strange Tenants concert.

Main Arena - Alexandra Gardens (between Princess Bridge and the rowing club sheds on the south bank of the Yarra River).

Please come in your finest rude gear and show Melbourne what the ska scene is all about !!

Thanks for the plug. My band, Strange Tenants, comes on at 6.30 pm. Among other songs, we'll be playing our own 'Grey Skies Over Collingwood'.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:23 pm
Post subject: Re: Strange Tenants - Etihad dealReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for the plug. My band, Strange Tenants, comes on at 6.30 pm. Among other songs, we'll be playing our own 'Grey Skies Over Collingwood'.

i tried to surreptitiously give you a plug in the main forum. i have to blame someone for being relegated here so i blame big mouth skaman. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: