Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bombers look pretty good.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:31 pm
Post subject: Bombers look pretty good.Reply with quote

3 debutants, a 20 year old FF, massive doubts over the future of some of their list, brand new coach, what did they do? They won, and they looked pretty bloody good in doing so.

Now I'm not comparing their problems to the problems Bucks has BTW, no coach in the history of the game has inherited a list like Bucks got, the list he inherited had a % of 180 and lost 3 games the previous year, they were very young though, obviously that hurt us Sad

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Foot skills make a big difference.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Daniel wrote:
Foot skills make a big difference.

Coaching skills too.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:44 pm

Do you think we've got coaching issues?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:45 pm

Correct me if Im wrong, but hasn't the dons done this sorta thing the last two years, started out a million miles and hour, won their first six games by heaps, then died in the arse later in the year. I recall last years Anzac day, the smashed us, but later in the year, we beat them very well. sure they made the finals, but they wont win a flag with the likes of chapman, goddard, fletcher, and hot and colds like zarkaris, carlisle, ryder etc. This is nothing new, the dons always start at a cracking pace, then run outa gas at the pointy end, its part of their resume.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Correct me if Im wrong, but hasn't the dons done this sorta thing the last two years, started out a million miles and hour, won their first six games by heaps, then died in the arse later in the year. I recall last years Anzac day, the smashed us, but later in the year, we beat them very well. sure they made the finals, but they wont win a flag with the likes of chapman, goddard, fletcher, and hot and colds like zarkaris, carlisle, ryder etc. This is nothing new, the dons always start at a cracking pace, then run outa gas at the pointy end, its part of their resume.

Don't discount grey power. Chapman, Fletcher and Goddard are still playing some pretty good football. They could conceivably be part of an Essendon premiership side in the next year or two (or in Fletcher's case, a century from now...)

Incidentally, Chapman's revival in particular makes for an interesting case study:

Geelong clear out 3 best 22 premiership veterans over the age of 30 (Chapman, Podsiadly, Hunt). 3 clubs pay good currency to pick them up on the belief that they still have good football left in them and can play a role.

Collingwood clear out 3 best 22 calibre players over the age of 30 (Didak, Jolly, Krakouer), 2 of them being premiership players. No club out of the other 17, not even Carlton and their bitter coach, pick them up.

Early days yet, but the initial signs show that, on these particular players, Buckley (and Hine) got the hard calls right.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:09 am

Piesnchess wrote:

They have to cycle off the gear before round 1 Laughing
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:11 am

Piesnchess wrote:

You're spot on mate, I parlayed 3 horses at the Valley into the dons tonight for that very reason! 2 of em got up (one for the place) and I needed the hot pot solicit to win, but of course she was given one of the better rides of all time (sarcastic) which cost me the bet Sad

Seriously though mate, I think the dons earn't a bit of credit last year, their best was clearly better than ours.

You like this.
courtza 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:22 am

Hey Defender, what you reckon if Bombers dont take Hirdy back we get him and Dank over to take over from Bucks, Essendon had a really good year last year, we need some of that good coaching at Collingwood
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:47 am

If we added Neeld to that mix I don't see any issues TBH.

But, if you had half a brain in your melon you'd realise you're actually making my point more valid, how do ya like them apples bro?

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:47 am

IMO Bucks "could" be sacked within 5 weeks, well 6 weeks, and TBH I think he will be, we're in big trouble guys, I'm tipping we're 0-5. Possibly 0-6, if that happens he goes then, not end of year. IMO.

I'd rather give the replacement as much time as possible to prepare for 2015.

And yes I'll be called a retard etc etc, I'll be reminded of seasons past, but in seasons past we actually had a proven coach.

We currently have 3 recent AA mid fielders.

3 AA defenders of you count Maxy.

An AA KF.

And we have a pretty strong entourage supporting those guys.

I'm pretty sure most coaches would kill to coach a list like ours.

FFS, Port beat is twice last year, in theory their midfield bends over and self lubes at the very sight of our mids, you'd at least back our mids against the GC right? Especially with a top 4 spot on the line, nah.

Would have been nice not to have the GWS game go deep into the last qtr either.

But I know I know, poor bucks, let's give him an extension, I'm not even going to mention the scoreless qtrs or the spread legs defence we've adopted, we're a $£$%^%%$ rabble and I take no pleasure in saying that.

Rant ended.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

You're spot on mate, I parlayed 3 horses at the Valley into the dons tonight for that very reason! 2 of em got up (one for the place) and I needed the hot pot solicit to win, but of course she was given one of the better rides of all time (sarcastic) which cost me the bet Sad

Seriously though mate, I think the dons earn't a bit of credit last year, their best was clearly better than ours.

True, all true, but our blokes weren't on the Mexican cactus juice were they. Razz Cool

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Getting chapman was a great move, especially with young Joe learning his trade. Inspired move by bomber who is a far better coach than Hird or Buckley.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Defender wrote:
IMO Bucks "could" be sacked within 5 weeks, well 6 weeks, and TBH I think he will be, we're in big $£$%^%%$ trouble guys, I'm tipping we're 0-5. Possibly 0-6, if that happens he goes then, not end of year. IMO.

I'd rather give the replacement as much time as possible to prepare for 2015.

And yes I'll be called a retard etc etc, I'll be reminded of seasons past, but in seasons past we actually had a proven coach.

We currently have 3 recent AA mid fielders.

3 AA defenders of you count Maxy.

An AA KF.

And we have a pretty strong entourage supporting those guys.

I'm pretty sure most coaches would kill to coach a list like ours.

FFS, Port beat is twice last year, in theory their midfield bends over and self lubes at the very sight of our mids, you'd at least back our mids against the GC right? Especially with a top 4 spot on the line, nah.

Would have been nice not to have the GWS game go deep into the last qtr either.

But I know I know, poor bucks, let's give him an extension, I'm not even going to mention the scoreless qtrs or the spread legs defence we've adopted, we're a $£$%^%%$ rabble and I take no pleasure in saying that.

Rant ended.

I actually thought the extension was a bit premature myself, and unwarranted really. However, I think bucks needs a fully fit and firing list, lets see how he goes with our strongest team on the paddock, then we can judge him, so far he has not had that luxury. For mine, the jury is still out on him, I will cut him some slack with our injuries in round one, but when we have our best side,then lets see how we go. Just remember, the cats were gonna sack Thompson after three years, then he got em two flags, once he had the team he wanted, it happens, Clarkson was on thin ice too, it takes time and patience, and patience is one thing sadly, sadly lacking on here, in spades. I am prepared to wait, then pass judgement on Nathan. Idea Cool

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:23 am
Post subject: Re: Bombers look pretty good.Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
3 debutants, a 20 year old FF, massive doubts over the future of some of their list, brand new coach, what did they do? They won, and they looked pretty bloody good in doing so.

Now I'm not comparing their problems to the problems Bucks has BTW, no coach in the history of the game has inherited a list like Bucks got, the list he inherited had a % of 180 and lost 3 games the previous year, they were very young though, obviously that hurt us Sad

Hahahahahahaha

Brand new coach hey? The facade is gone, hes been their coach for the last 2 years! Probably had chappy lined up to

Credit where due though, its a very original way to start a new sack Bucks thread

Nothing changes the fact half that team should not be on the field, if anyone really wants a level playing field. Cheats be cheats be cheats, that will be this teams legacy. Happy to see thompson tarred with that brush too! But thats just the mean me talking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: