Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sanderson sacked as Adelaide coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't understand why they'd do this. Be interesting to see what emerges over the next few weeks.

Crows will be paying him out for the next 2 years so doesn't need to jump into a new position. We've just cut Lappin to reduce footy department cost so can't see us racing to add another coach in the short term. Sando would be a good get though.
selkevh 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:36 pm

With Goodwin supposedly signing with the Demons and Thompson saying he's not interested, this decision could leave Adelaide with egg on its face.

I hope it's not Burnsy.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:59 pm

John Wren wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Didn't see that coming!!
Obviously the Crows board has over-estimated their playing list if they think Sanderson has under-performed.

carlton all over again.

Same thought was in my head.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:22 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
AFL 360 reporting the leadership group of senior players led the charge to get him sacked.
Don't know why he seems to be a very decent coach and bloke.
Now bluey McKenna is under the pump apparently with there review.
I put up a few weeks ago Bomber Thomson to the suns he has runs of the board to build quality lists and coach young players well.
Goodwin is the early favourite to get the crows gig but has been offered a 5yr deal by the Dee's apparently so he has a decision to make.
The merry go round could be in full swing soon.
We need a high quality experienced coach for sure to assist bucks. Harvey is solid at best, Eade is a dead set dud has no idea on the modern game.
Get rid of Eade
and grab Sanderson or McKenna immediately.

Actually, Eade pretty much invented the modern game!!!!
But that's certainly not an endorsement from me, on the contrary, I agree he's a dud!!
There are a LOT of similarities in the way we go about it at the moment, to his days at Footscray. In the sense that the team plays a certain way regardless of personel, instead of adapting to who and what is at one's disposal.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Eade is not a coach. He took over from Walsh as footy manager
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Eade is not a coach. He took over from Walsh as footy manager

Eade has had Walsh's job for 12 months.
He's been at Collingwood for 3 years.......

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Very surprising decision by the Adelaide Crows and I wonder how much this has to do with the appointment of their new CEO Andrew Fagan who is apparently quite a ruthless man behind closed doors from what I've heard.

There seems to be a mixed response from Crows fans about the decision that their club has made regarding Brenton Sanderson's future. Some of them seem in favour of the move as the Crows have gone backwards in the past two years since they made a surprise Preliminary Final appearance in 2012 and narrowly fell short from playing off in a Grand Final against Sydney. However, one thing that their supporters forget is how easy their draw was that year and also Sanderson was having the 'honeymoon' period in 2012 with winning the NAB Cup as coach of the club. The Crows have lost some big players in the last few years due to the franchise clubs and of course their forward line was severely affected by Tippett moving to Sydney and Tex Walker wasn't playing for 12 months due to an ACL injury.

It appears that the Crows members and supporters have overrated their side based on 2012 and since they haven't been able to reach those heights again they have this belief that Sanderson was failing as coach of the club. Also, it appears that some of the players were disillusioned by Sanderson's direction and it was a catalyst for his eventual sacking.

I actually thought the Crows would snag Simon Goodwin from under Melbourne's noses but since that has backfired and there's no sign that Bomber Thompson will head to Adelaide unless something dramatic happens at Essendon, then the big question remains of who would coach Adelaide. The Crows have been too premature in their decision to sack Sanderson without a certain or very likely replacement for the club and that to me is a sign of this decision being disastrous for them heading into the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: