Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Copa America 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just scared by the thought of Argentina losing to Iceland in the semi-finals of the next World Cup.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Messi is living in Maradona's shadow in the eyes of the Argentinian public so that isn't easy, but I suppose he's a victim of such high expectations due to his calibre as being one of the best football players in the modern era and in some eyes the greatest of all time.

I think retiring is seen to be the easy way out however, unless there's corruption within the Argentinian Football Association as some have hinted that has pushed him to this decision.

The champions of the game always find ways to overcome adversity and I think when he retires all together this may be a small blemish on a distinguished career when people look back on his career and analyse in his overall standing in the game.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:08 pm

I hear you. And then what happened?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Jezza wrote:
Messi is living in Maradona's shadow in the eyes of the Argentinian public so that isn't easy, but I suppose he's a victim of such high expectations due to his calibre as being one of the best football players in the modern era and in some eyes the greatest of all time.

I think retiring is seen to be the easy way out however, unless there's corruption within the Argentinian Football Association as some have hinted that has pushed him to this decision.

The champions of the game always find ways to overcome adversity and I think when he retires all together this may be a small blemish on a distinguished career when people look back on his career and analyse in his overall standing in the game.

Messi can't help but be in Maradona's shadow, Jezza - he's about half as good as Maradona was and there are too many Argentinians who remember Diego playing like it was yesterday (I know I do - and I'm not Argentinian).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: