Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
I coulda sworn I saw Duckwoods and Hawkins pearl lined handbags left on the field, next to Dangermouses sequined one.!

No, it's not your imagination - LOUIS VUITTON are being groomed to take over their major sponsorship, after our friends at Ford go bye-the-bye...

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:23 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
I've been a critic of Bucks and his game plan for sometime.

What I saw Sunday's game plan was different and I don't think or I can recall the last few years without the need to bldy tackle, tackle, tackle all the time to be competitive. i.e. we never looked good unless we tackled atleast 80+ times.

For once I saw us not dominate the tackle count as it's impossible to present yourself week in, week out with that attitude. And yet, we played pretty well with our tackle count approx 60 and DE was high 70's which tells me that ball movement, options taken, kicking etc. was pretty good.

We know we have a pretty good list of players, we just need the coaching game plans in place and I hope this was not an aberration. Time will tell.

It interesting that we played with this flair and game plan in the JLT.
But the pressure of the early season games saw us go back into our shells, especially because poor kicking failed to consolidate and reinforce the plan. I decided to go back and watch the Saint game. We played with similar flair and dominated them until midway through the 2nd qtr, but the poor kicking and therefore poor return for effort, sapped our confidence and we went back into our shells..

Thankfully the game plan has been practiced and hone in training for quite a while and this strong foundation will allow us to hopefully continue to execute as our confidence grows.
The real test is to stay the course while under pressure.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:14 pm

I thought I would include Titus O'Reilly's latest:

Geelong (7Cool v Collingwood (107)

Much like the Eagles last week, Geelong had a job to do for the majority of footy fans and couldn't get it done.

It was all set up so nicely. The Pies after years of being average seemed like they were about to break for good. Then comes along Geelong, a supposedly good side who lets them off the hook.

I don't want to overreact, but the Cats should be booted out of the competition for allowing this to happen.

This has been the Pies modus operandi for ages, getting right up to the point of crisis then pulling out one great win, then back to being average.

The victory was just the bit of false hope the Pies needed.

Geelong obviously doesn’t know that giving a side a big lead and then running them down in the fourth, only works against North.

They were terrible. Joel Selwood had such a bad game that the umpires visited him in the rooms after the game to see if he was alright.

I'm a big enough person to admit I was wrong about Bucks and the Pies should extend him for at least a decade.
- See more at: https://titusoreily.com/afl/monday-knee-jerk-reaction-afl-round-six-2#sthash.iZUZ35Yw.dpuf
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 pm

piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I coulda sworn I saw Duckwoods and Hawkins pearl lined handbags left on the field, next to Dangermouses sequined one.!

No, it's not your imagination - LOUIS VUITTON are being groomed to take over their major sponsorship, after our friends at Ford go bye-the-bye...

Gem piedys Laughing , my wife being an on the know of louis Vuitton products, including handbacks, I had to laugh.........
MP magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 pm

Media love affair with Selwood turned this morning, SEN couldn't have stuck up for him enough.

Sh×ts me how certain players are let off the hook..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: