Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Got WHE for Free?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 pm
Post subject: Got WHE for Free?Reply with quote

Could say we got him for Free Now.

AS IF we kept the 2nd Round Pick we traded for Him we would of Drafted Nathan Murphy who we got at Pick 39 Anyway.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

gagging on the coolade I see......
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:20 am

E wrote:

If you want to be a poster that puts others down at least getting the spelling right. It is Kool Aid!
E 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:17 am

masoncox wrote:
E wrote:

If you want to be a poster that puts others down at least getting the spelling right. It is Kool Aid!

Thanks spelling nazi!!!

How was i putting him down? Its not his fault that the club very cleverly has tricked the entire supporter base into thinking this was all part of the grand plan.

First, they got Murphy with pick 39 instead of pick 6 so that if we. Now, we are to believe that it was actually part of our grand plan as far back as last year.

C'mon, we aren't all morons. If we had 6, 22 and 39 in this draft, i will bet you anything that we'd have three guys that the club is touting as the three best players on our draft board instead of 2. Just because they say it doesn't make it true.

its sad that a group of people have gone from sceptical to true believers so easily with just the simplest amount of manipulation. i shouldn't be surprised, an entire country has been duped by the bullshit of an orange man.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:13 am

Recall the following words from a few months ago? I assume "newbie" and "oldie" are interchangeable there.

E wrote:
[oldies] wrote:
[newbie] wrote:
Guys,

New to Nicks but have been enjoying the hypotheticals ...

New, and brief, I hope.
... <etc.>

i would like to think you are being harsh on this newbie. I dont think its very fair to treat a newbie in such a way in circumstances when that person presents in such a respectful way. I know a lot of people who read this board but are afraid to post for fear of... THIS! It would be good for us to end this culture and be more welcoming.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:33 pm

K wrote:
Recall the following words from a few months ago? I assume "newbie" and "oldie" are interchangeable there.

E wrote:
[oldies] wrote:
[newbie] wrote:
Guys,

New, and brief, I hope.
... <etc.>

i would like to think you are being harsh on this newbie. I dont think its very fair to treat a newbie in such a way in circumstances when that person presents in such a respectful way. I know a lot of people who read this board but are afraid to post for fear of... THIS! It would be good for us to end this culture and be more welcoming.

i don't understand???? I am not being harsh on DTM. I am simply pointing out that the clever PR strategy of the CFC is paying off beautifully as a once skeptical poster is now drinking the Kool-Aid (masoncox i wont hold you to account for failing to include the hyphen - its not my thing to play the man)/

Even though K is a poor mans E, i also wont say anything disparaging about your post K (although it does suggest that you learnt your lesson from the post you are re-posting which is very heartening to me).

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 pm

E wrote:
K wrote:

E wrote:
[oldies] wrote:
[newbie] wrote:
Guys,

New, and brief, I hope.
... <etc.>

i don't understand???? I am not being harsh on DTM. I am simply pointing out that the clever PR strategy of the CFC is paying off beautifully as a once skeptical poster is now drinking the Kool-Aid (masoncox i wont hold you to account for failing to include the hyphen - its not my thing to play the man)/

Even though K is a poor mans E, i also wont say anything disparaging about your post K (although it does suggest that you learnt your lesson from the post you are re-posting which is very heartening to me).

Yes E ....i don't like speĺling nazi's either. So I agree with you there.
I Just dislike people bagging other posters. It is a pet hate of mine.
Strangely I don't mind posters bagging me. I just think you need to be more tolerant of posters like DTM and me. Even if they appear to talk crap.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:17 am

masoncox wrote:
I Just dislike people bagging other posters. It is a pet hate of mine. Strangely I don't mind posters bagging me. I just think you need to be more tolerant of posters like DTM and me. Even if they appear to talk crap.

I love DTM. A true Collingwood fan who calls it likes he sees it. i was not bagging him at all. I guess since you and K think i was, maybe i was too flippant. My point was intended to be furthering my argument that Collingwood had intentionally said things about this years draft to try and shape public sentiment and that they appear to have done it masterfully!!!!

When a guy like DTM (who has become a Collingwood "skeptic" over the past couple of seasons) believes this stuff so wholeheartedly that he posts what he posted, it kind of proves my point.

themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 pm
Post subject: Re: Got WHE for Free?Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:

AS IF we kept the 2nd Round Pick we traded for Him we would of Drafted Nathan Murphy who we got at Pick 39 Anyway.

WHE has been a great pickup but what the.....? Laughing
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:23 pm

All the crap aside, yes you could possibly look at it in this light.

Take them for what you will, the majority of mock drafts had Murphy being selected between 15-25 which is a late first round to an early second round - we snagged him at 39 using Brisbane's 3rd round selection.

You can argue all day long about whether that projection is right or wrong, at the end of the day the truth will come out in the wash after 3-4 years have past and we have a really good idea of what Murphy is capable of.

If anything you could argue we got WHE for the price Brisbane paid to send us pick 39. Was this Jarrod Witts?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

...but then we would have got another player with our pick 39. Rolling Eyes
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 pm

ad4eva wrote:
All the crap aside, yes you could possibly look at it in this light.

Take them for what you will, the majority of mock drafts had Murphy being selected between 15-25 which is a late first round to an early second round - we snagged him at 39 using Brisbane's 3rd round selection.

You can argue all day long about whether that projection is right or wrong, at the end of the day the truth will come out in the wash after 3-4 years have past and we have a really good idea of what Murphy is capable of.

If anything you could argue we got WHE for the price Brisbane paid to send us pick 39. Was this Jarrod Witts?

Frost or Paine?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:32 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

...but then we would have got another player with our pick 39. Rolling Eyes

or, given how amazing our recruiting department is, we could have recruited the next Nathan Buckley with the second round and still got the guy we wanted to take with pick 6 at pick 39.

Since our recruiting guys are geniuses, maybe we got WHE at the expense of the next Bontempelli!!!!!!

.... of course we still don't appear to have solved our forward line issues....

hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:00 pm

it's funny really,every club releases spin on how good there drafties are
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 pm

The way I see it is that Treloar was worth one high top 10 draft pick but not two high top 10 draft picks. So I just pretend that we got Treloar for one high 10 draft pick. The following year we get WHE for another high 10 draft pick, reasonable given he was originally drafted number 4 by GWS. Aish we get with a pick in the teens which is roughly at the pick we acquired him given the exchange of second round draft picks. Freeman and Kennedy are the picks we screwed up on. Moore and De Goey are on par. Stephenson is a high end top 10 draft pick while Murphy is your typical second round draft pick given his lack of match play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: