Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Barnaby Joyce affair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still located in Liverpool?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:56 pm

David wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Now the person wasn't Banaraby's partner whilst he was having sex with her when she was his staffer, but now she is pregnant she is. Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is this obscurantism, or is it just a reflection of the fact that our rules about domestic partnership, in the age of widespread de facto cohabitation, are pretty arcane and ambiguous (as perhaps they must be)?

If you have sex once with your housemate, are you partners? If you and your housemate sleep with each other casually but don't consider each other boyfriend/girlfriend, are you partners? I'm guessing for these purposes, the issues relate to things like nepotism and special treatment, and there may indeed be some things to look at there if Joyce and Campion were already in a sexual relationship when she left his office (which one tends to presume is the case, given the timeline). I expect it's a breach of a code of conduct to employ your partner in your office; but what if they already have the job before you get together? And, again, who decides at what point someone you have sex with becomes your partner?

If we're talking about the law, then the law needs to be clear about what it's referring to. 'Partner', therefore, probably means what 'de facto partner' means under law: someone you've cohabited with and had a sexual relationship with for a year. I hope that any other intended meaning is clarified; if not, perhaps it's about time that it should be.
Social security are busting a lot of single mothers who have a man in their lives. I am sure they can't use the "I'm only bonking him" as defence. Twp sets of rules.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm

If they live together, they're partners.

if you live with your spouse but are rooting someone else on the side, the latter person isn't your partner. Two people in an exclusive relationship who don't live together, can claim to be in a relationship but as they don't cohabit I don't believe they'd meet the criteria.

On David's example, 2 house mates who maintain separate rooms, live separate lives but are occasional F buddies, that get's Gray.

The single mum analogy doesn't work as barnarnaby wasn't living with her

K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:

It's just a Bananarby Wannabe Analogy?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 am

stui magpie wrote:
If they live together, they're partners.

if you live with your spouse but are rooting someone else on the side, the latter person isn't your partner. Two people in an exclusive relationship who don't live together, can claim to be in a relationship but as they don't cohabit I don't believe they'd meet the criteria.

On David's example, 2 house mates who maintain separate rooms, live separate lives but are occasional F buddies, that get's Gray.

Apparently he has been and was.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-13/canberras-other-office-affair-remains-shrouded-in-mystery/9434424?pfmredir=sm

More double standards.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Government should be Running the Country the anything with this Shit
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 pm

^ yes Dave. But the media run the government and they can sell this stuff far more easily than plans for the Marray-Darling.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ yes Dave. But the media run the government and they can sell this stuff far more easily than plans for the Marray-Darling.

Speaking of which, the Greens are frigging round with that again. If they block things in the senate I hope Vic and NSW go ahead and pull out of the arrangement and tell the Greens to go sit on a cactus

K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Speaking of which, the Greens are frigging round with that again. If they block things in the senate I hope Vic and NSW go ahead and pull out of the arrangement and tell the Greens to go sit on a cactus

Whatever did the poor cactus do to deserve that fate, Stui?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 pm

^

The soldier who makes the sacrifice doesn't deserve their fate, but sometimes it's necessary. Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:52 am

You just have to wait and Bananarby knowing he will put his foot in his mouth. He’s come out in Parliament and explained about his accommodation. He said he wasn’t and MP. It was offered free to help him and get this, “to get back on my feet”. Lmao

This totally contradicts his "friends" Greg Maguire's version that "Joyce rang him asking for a place to stay because he knows he owns a lot of residential buildings". I am waiting for a call of "Misleading Parliament" to be the next headline.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:07 pm

The Rinehart 'award' he received a few months ago was dodgy and this is no less so. I find it astounding that any politician could think this is all fine – but then, we do live in a country with political donations.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Culprit wrote:
You just have to wait and Bananarby knowing he will put his foot in his mouth. He’s come out in Parliament and explained about his accommodation. He said he wasn’t and MP. It was offered free to help him and get this, “to get back on my feet”. Lmao

This totally contradicts his "friends" Greg Maguire's version that "Joyce rang him asking for a place to stay because he knows he owns a lot of residential buildings". I am waiting for a call of "Misleading Parliament" to be the next headline.

Are you saying Greg slipped on a Bananarby spiel?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm

K wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Are you saying Greg slipped on a Bananarby spiel?

Excellent.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

You can't bang staffers under new code of conduct. Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: