Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Veteran Pie comments on De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Well, taken on its own it sounds innocent enough.
But the context is that not only has JDG got misdemeanours in his history, but at least two, maybe three, Nicksters reported their impressions from training that his teammates seem aggrieved with him (including whacking him during match sim).
I cannot remember Goldy saying anything previously that can even be remotely twisted into a negative about another player.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:37 pm

K wrote:
^^^
But the context is that not only has JDG got misdemeanours in his history, but at least two, maybe three, Nicksters reported their impressions from training that his teammates seem aggrieved with him (including whacking him during match sim).
I cannot remember Goldy saying anything previously that can even be remotely twisted into a negative about another player.

really? Having talked themselves up into a lather on this site, Nicksters went out and noticed thing on the track that supported their own conclusions?

People see what they want to believe. I'll leave it at that.

Fair point re Goldsack. But i would add that i'm not sure i've ever heard anything at ALL from Goldsack before. Could this be his first publicly reported statement?

K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:58 pm

^^^
The Nicksters who write training reports are the level-headed and calm Nicksters. The ranters don't write training reports; they just rant.

Re. Goldy, I recall when psycho Scarlett dumped on Maxwell in his book and Goldy was asked about it in the Pies' presser he just said something like, "That's not nice at all. Maxy is a good bloke." Very tame in his pronouncements usually.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:07 pm

E wrote:
K wrote:
^^^

really? Having talked themselves up into a lather on this site, Nicksters went out and noticed thing on the track that supported their own conclusions?

Fair point re Goldsack. But i would add that i'm not sure i've ever heard anything at ALL from Goldsack before. Could this be his first publicly reported statement?

and doesnt that speak volumes?

E 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:43 pm

think positive wrote:
E wrote:
K wrote:
^^^

and doesnt that speak volumes?

I think on this one you might have missed the point.

the point we were debating was whether Goldsack said anything negative or not. Its arguable.

So it might speak volumes. Or it might mean nothing!

E 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:16 pm

He doesn't look too ostracized and hated in this article. or maybe because Moore isn't smiling at the second the photo is taken proves that he is on the outer.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-20/de-goey-arrives-at-pies-hq-for-team-photo-day

K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm

In honesty, Darcy does not look at all happy to me, but perhaps he was thinking about his achilles injury.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-02-20/team-photo-day-tactics
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:09 pm

K wrote:
In honesty, Darcy does not look at all happy to me, but perhaps he was thinking about his achilles injury.

My 9thmond supporting sister is dating a pies supporter and has gone to a few games with him and Darcy is her favourite pies player because "he looks surly as AF all the time".

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:08 pm

JdG isnt the problem, Collingwood is.

Collingwood is shit scared of success, and has been since WWII. It goes back to the Machine team, the 4peat, & 6 Gfs on the trot. Now we feel like we have to apologise for any success we've had. Buckley is among the worst, but we're all guilty, yes, even new fans. Its in our DNA, the way we talk, the way we play, the way we approach the comp & the league, and the way we've already tossed 2018.

Yes, 2018 is a dead season for us, and for 3 years running we've managed it before Rd.1, quite a feat.

It started with the Big Fat Bullshit Review. There WAS no review, but you all accepted it without question. The "Review" was Ed saying "Shit, he's £$%$ed it again, how do I keep Buckley another year? Answer? The Fake review. Where is it? Where can I download the PDF? "We were lucky Nathan accepted our pleading & grovelling & begging him to fail for a SEVENTH year running and take our lousy million bucks. As they say in Florida "I call BS!"

Next, we got £$%$ed yet again in the draw, and bravely stood up & said: "Thank you sir may we have another!?" Not sure how many years in a row that is, but its mathematically provable for at LEAST the last 4 years

And now, with all that & the usual spate of injuries on our hands again, we decide that because we are so noble we have to ban DeGoey, probably our biggest chance of midfield improvement, "indefinitely!" Who the **** does that? Sides too gutless to win, no one else. I had us as one of the big chances for this year. I was really getting excited about the form of Aish, Maynard & others, and kids like Stephenson, and the way we were the ONLY side who weren't beaten by 40+ ALL year, and had sides like Adelaide, GWS, Hawthorn, Melb, & others on toast regularly. For patches, quarters, halves, & even games we made the best look like the Noble Park u16s, but as soon as the opponents figured out what we were doing they changed tack & we couldn’t follow. If Suckley has shown anything in his 900 years as coach, its that he can make a plan, but is NOT a tactician. If not for our star list we would've picked up 2 more spoons in the last 5 years, but lists don't help when the culture of fear & self-flagellation takes over.

It didn’t in the 70s when the best side all decade didn’t win a flag besides 5 odd Gfs.
It didn't in 1990 when we went from Prems to plebs because what happened to Pants must have been our fault.
It didn’t in 2010 when we did the EXACT same thing by sacking the coach who gave us our best year since the 20s
And it won't this year because we need to look like good citizens before winners. We showed the footy world yet again that winning is secondary, and they listened as always.

I know most of you don't or won't buy it, just as you didn’t when I told you what would happen last year and the year before, going back to 2011

So **** you very much Collingwood, What excuse will you have while we watch everyone else in September?

Last thing: One of the reasons for my temporary confidence was the fact that MOST decades we do well round the turn of the decade (years ending in a 8, 9, 0, 1, maybe 2 & 7), look it up (apparently Milleniums dont count). Next year maybe? Oh & I love how our new motto is "Forever"

A good description of how long it will be before the people surrounding our players GROW A PAIR!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: