Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 8 - Footscray vs Collingwood at Whitten Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Blair in next week then?

Hetherington seems an intersting prospect. Could he make it on a list?

Blair = Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me1xm8dduL4

Blair may well replace Langdon who seems due for a rest.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:07 pm

Love your work MB Smile
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Ta batsy great job as usual
think better 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Great work as always MB

Where was Mihocek playing - sounds like a stint in the ruck and then changing up forward?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Blair in next week then?

Blair = Gun

We need a hero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovcnjuf2WU

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:14 pm

think better wrote:
Great work as always MB

Where was Mihocek playing - sounds like a stint in the ruck and then changing up forward?

Started back, was swung forward after McLarty went out of the game (toe) and did some relief ruck when Howe needed a breather.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:19 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Blair in next week then?

Blair = Gun

29 disposals, a goal and 7 score involvements from half back. He probably has leather poisoning, so he may need a week or 2 to recover.
Larry 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Sam McLarty (foot) and Brayden Sier (adductor) failing to run out the game.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-26/around-the-state-leagues-whos-starring-for-your-club
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:32 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Blair in next week then?

Blair = Gun

29 disposals, a goal and 7 score involvements from half back. He probably has leather poisoning, so he may need a week or 2 to recover.

Yes, after selflessly contributing to two of the doggies first quarter five goals at which time I was thinking of the title and song of a Jethro Tull album (something about a brick) his improvement was noted.

Given those two goals to the doggies facilitated by Langdon does that make 9 score involvements or was that part if the 7?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:41 am

It's funny how the senior team's defence keeps opposition teams to less than 10 goals routinely when the Future Captain is playing (but - as the statistics clearly demonstrate - not when he isn't), yet we still want to blame some defenders but not others for the less than 10 goals that are scored.

I recall one horrible last quarter a few years ago in which the great Jimmy Clement was taken to the cleaners by the Richmond Nathan Brown, who kicked 4 or 5 goals on him in the space of about 12 minutes to win the game. No-one thought that Jimmy would be dropped - we just accepted that other teams have a few competent footballers, as well and that, occasionally, one of theirs will get the ball.

Also, I'm just watching the replay of the first quarter, now. I notice that Collingwood had 7 consecutive inside 50s for no return. Then, the Future Captain was introduced for the first time with 12 minutes, 52 seconds to go in the first quarter. He had his first disposal 7 seconds later. Less than 20 seconds after that, Collingwood kicked its first goal for the game.

The first Footscray goal came directlt after two clanger kicks from Pendlebury that turned it over in the centre square and then Howe from an out on the full free kick in the back pocket - he kicked it off the side of his boot straight to a Footscray player who handballed to Suckling and the thing went straight through. Stuff happens, of course, but that's how Footscray got started. Is anyone going to drop Pendlebury or Howe for those errors? No, of course not - and anyone who suggested it would be laughed off the forum.

From the next bounce, Greenwood and Appleby were beaten in successive contests and Footscray kicked a point that missed by a whisker. When the ball came back after Scharenberg's kick-in to Grundy, Tommy punched it out of bounds in the marking contest.

The second Footscray goal came after defence errors by Howe (who misjudged the flight of the ball and let it go behind him when he was trying to punch it) and Greenwood (who gave away a silly free kick, which Dickson promptly put through for the goal).

The third Footscray goal came from an uncontested mark 20 metres out directly in front from Roughead. He was Cox's man - and Cox was nowhere near him (for some bizarre reason, Varcoe was tracking him), while Grundy was off for a rest.

The fourth goal came from a mark by Dickson and a silly 50 given by Langdon.

Boyd then missed an absolute sitter after outmarking Appleby and Scharenberg.

The fifth goal came from a 50 given away by Dunn after Appleby was badly caught holding the ball.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:47 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's funny how the senior team's defence keeps opposition teams to less than 10 goals routinely when the Future Captain is playing (but - as the statistics clearly demonstrate - not when he isn't), yet we still want to blame some defenders but not others for the less than 10 goals that are scored.

I recall one horrible last quarter a few years ago in which the great Jimmy Clement was taken to the cleaners by the Richmond Nathan Brown, who kicked 4 or 5 goals on him in the space of about 12 minutes to win the game. No-one thought that Jimmy would be dropped - we just accepted that other teams have a few competent footballers, as well and that, occasionally, one of theirs will get the ball.

Also, I'm just watching the replay of the first quarter, now. I notice that Collingwood had 7 consecutive inside 50s for no return. Then, the Future Captain was introduced for the first time with 12 minutes, 52 seconds to go in the first quarter. He had his first disposal 7 seconds later. Less than 20 seconds after that, Collingwood kicked its first goal for the game.

The first Footscray goal came directlt after two clanger kicks from Pendlebury that turned it over in the centre square and then Howe from an out on the full free kick in the back pocket - he kicked it off the side of his boot straight to a Footscray player who handballed to Suckling and the thing went straight through. Stuff happens, of course, but that's how Footscray got started. Is anyone going to drop Pendlebury or Howe for those errors? No, of course not - and anyone who suggested it would be laughed off the forum.

From the next bounce, Greenwood and Appleby were beaten in successive contests and Footscray kicked a point that missed by a whisker. When the ball came back after Scharenberg's kick-in to Grundy, Tommy punched it out of bounds in the marking contest.

The second Footscray goal came after defence errors by Howe (who misjudged the flight of the ball and let it go behind him when he was trying to punch it) and Greenwood (who gave away a silly free kick, which Dickson promptly put through for the goal).

The third Footscray goal came from an uncontested mark 20 metres out directly in front from Roughead. He was Cox's man - and Cox was nowhere near him (for some bizarre reason, Varcoe was tracking him), while Grundy was off for a rest.

The fourth goal came from a mark by Dickson and a silly 50 given by Langdon.

Boyd then missed an absolute sitter after outmarking Appleby and Scharenberg.

The fifth goal came from a 50 given away by Dunn after Appleby was badly caught holding the ball.

Langdon is an important part of our team. Just when he stuffs up it's can be costly. He did redeem himself as the game progrssed borne out by the numbers.

While defending Langdon though I wouldn't be justaposing Pendelbury notwithstanding his uncharacteristic clangers, your worship

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Well, I wasnt - I was just recounting what I was watching on the replay. It so happened that a couple of Pendles disposals made Phillips look (just a little bit) like a gifted user of the pill in comparison. I did compare the Future Captain to Howe, which is fair since they are our two backline guns.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Um, guys... I don't think Langdon played yesterday, did he...?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Blair in next week then?

Blair = Gun

We need a hero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovcnjuf2WU

He is neither the hero we need, or deserve...

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm

thanks MB.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: