Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tommy Robinson arrested and jailed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wouldn't it be difficult to walk down our streets if there were thousands marching for every appropriately convicted repeat felon? Chumps.

Correct. Working class plebs shouldn't be allowed to just protest as they please.
They should only be allowed to protest under the direction of their university educated, chardonnay-sipping betters who know the "correct" things to protest against.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Remind me again why it is that this duly convicted felon is worthy of a demonstration, as distinct from all the other duly convicted felons who pleaded guilty to doing the same thing they were nearly jailed for last time?

Nothing I said - absolutely nothing - was about the right of people to protest. It was about the absence of anything to demonstrate about in this particular case.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 pm

You're right. But I just couldn't help myself.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 pm

And now he has been moved to a prison that is heavily Islamic populated, and peace loving imams have called for a hit on him. Nothing in any of this sounds suspect at all.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
And now he has been moved to a prison that is heavily Islamic populated, and peace loving imams have called for a hit on him. Nothing in any of this sounds suspect at all.

I think it would be crazy for the British establishment to make Robinson a martyr.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Indeed. One would hope and expect that he be entitled to the same general protections offered to prisoners who are at risk of being violently targeted behind bars. Protecting prisoners (of any kind) from physical harm is a vital end unto itself both as a broader principle and for the civil rights of the individuals themselves, and I don’t mean to gloss over that when I say that any harm that comes to this guy in prison would be the biggest propaganda free kick the British far right have ever received.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 pm

David wrote:
Indeed. One would hope and expect that he be entitled to the same general protections offered to prisoners who are at risk of being violently targeted behind bars. Protecting prisoners (of any kind) from physical harm is a vital end unto itself both as a broader principle and for the civil rights of the individuals themselves, and I don’t mean to gloss over that when I say that any harm that comes to this guy in prison would be the biggest propaganda free kick the British far right have ever received.

I don’t know if this is true, as I am yet to see it corroborated in a reputable media outlet. If it is true, it’s a scandal, as they would not transfer a Muslim into a prison with 70% white supremacists. If anything at all happens to him, he will have a strong case for compensation under existing human rights laws.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:14 am

^ Yeah, I’m also treading carefully on this one, given some of these outlets’ sometimes loose (to put it kindly) relationship with the truth.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

I don’t know if this is true, as I am yet to see it corroborated in a reputable media outlet. If it is true, it’s a scandal, as they would not transfer a Muslim into a prison with 70% white supremacists. If anything at all happens to him, he will have a strong case for compensation under existing human rights laws.

It’s not in the media outlets as they have all been banned from reporting on Tommy. It came from his spokesperson via Twitter I believe.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:09 pm

^ they were banned from reporting on him while the trial he sought to prejudice was in process. I believe that trial has now ended, and there is no ban. I read this morning in the reputable cambridge News that there appears to be no basis to the story. The highest proportion of Muslims in any .british prison is 30% at Olney, far from the 71% reported by his spokesman. It is most unlikely that he would be placed in that prison anyway as it is nowhere near the offence or his ordinary home.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 pm

I believe Robinson's spokesperson corrected the story.
The wing of the prison Robinson was moved to, not the prison itself, is now claimed to be 70% muslim. Again, none of this has been confirmed by the msm or the govt.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:28 pm

^ awkward things, facts. Forgive me if I wait for a more reliable and disinterested source before I react.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:58 am

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/inside-hmp-onley-prison-deemed-unsafe-amid-dramatic-rise-violence-staff-cuts-1594455
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:17 am

Pa Marmo wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

It’s not in the media outlets as they have all been banned from reporting on Tommy. It came from his spokesperson via Twitter I believe.

The media have not been banned from reporting on him. They've been banned from reporting the substance of his criminal contempt in order to avoid prejudicing the administration of justice. Reporting that he's in prison eating halal fried chicken and playing nicely with all his new Muslim friends is certainly not caught by any reporting ban. Of course, it is quite uncommon for the media to report on anyone's conditions or circumstances once they're sent to prison because it's generally not newsworthy - usually if the media does report, that happens because people think the prisoner concerned has got it too easy.

It's like every time there is an alleged anti-conservative-nutter conspiracy, the parts of some people's heads responsible for rational thought turn to pineapple rings.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:42 am

^ yes, British prisons have been largely run by the inmates for some years as a result of rehabilitation ideology, coupled with staff cuts. But that’s about being in prison, not Robinson’s specific situation. I don’t know if he is even in Onley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20   

Jump to: