Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

I don't get why people are talking about it being hot - I was there and wearing a jacket / beanie; it was fabulous conditions with no wind.

A lot of the guys started walking after half time I thought WHE might have hurt an ankle .....

The players that kept on playing for me were
Mayne - consistent good efforts, skills and pressure acts
Adams - worked hard regardless
Scharenberg - some have suggested he isn't fast and yeah he might not be winning any sprints but how many of our best defenders have? He is just a really skillful reliable player.

Agreed. It wasn't hot and the reports of 90% humidity was baffling? It was beautiful, crisp winter's night.

WHE was definitely hobbled. He had no leap after half time. That impacted his output. Scharenberg was down tonight but without Dunn his task was huge. I agree with your list of four-quarter efforts. Mayne was outstanding.

Humidity was in the 90’s.

I was so shocked when you guys were saying this that I had to check the bureau! I was there.... felt like a beautiful Queensland winter's night. Sure as hell didn't feel like 90% humidity.

Anyone who thinks the easing off by us was planned has rocks in their head. Watching from a few metres beyond the boundary we swore the team must have taken a drug at half time that took about 15 minutes to take effect. They simply could not run. That's not figuratively speaking. They were absolutely stuffed.... which immediately has me questioning whether they were on a "heaving training schedule".... because not much else made sense. We got to almost 10 goals up, seemingly without trying (although people quickly forget our first quarter was pretty forgettable too).

I'm rather scared of next week. In fact very scared... although I just saw the Bummers have only won 7 games... some unconvincingly... I guess we'll find out what we're made of soon enough.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:31 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

I don't get why people are talking about it being hot - I was there and wearing a jacket / beanie; it was fabulous conditions with no wind.

A lot of the guys started walking after half time I thought WHE might have hurt an ankle .....

The players that kept on playing for me were
Mayne - consistent good efforts, skills and pressure acts
Adams - worked hard regardless
Scharenberg - some have suggested he isn't fast and yeah he might not be winning any sprints but how many of our best defenders have? He is just a really skillful reliable player.

Agreed. It wasn't hot and the reports of 90% humidity was baffling? It was beautiful, crisp winter's night.

WHE was definitely hobbled. He had no leap after half time. That impacted his output. Scharenberg was down tonight but without Dunn his task was huge. I agree with your list of four-quarter efforts. Mayne was outstanding.

Humidity was in the 90’s.

I was so shocked when you guys were saying this that I had to check the bureau! I was there.... felt like a beautiful Queensland winter's night. Sure as hell didn't feel like 90% humidity.

Anyone who thinks the easing off by us was planned has rocks in their head. Watching from a few metres beyond the boundary we swore the team must have taken a drug at half time that took about 15 minutes to take effect. They simply could not run. That's not figuratively speaking. They were absolutely stuffed.... which immediately has me questioning whether they were on a "heaving training schedule".... because not much else made sense. We got to almost 10 goals up, seemingly without trying (although people quickly forget our first quarter was pretty forgettable too).

I'm rather scared of next week. In fact very scared... although I just saw the Bummers have only won 7 games... some unconvincingly... I guess we'll find out what we're made of soon enough.

Humidity is about the amount of moisture is in the air, when it rains its 100% humidity. Its only an issue when you have a high temp like 30deg with a high humidity because sweating isn't effective. That night it was under 20deg so cooling wasn't a problem - the only issue was dew. Jonathan Brown was talking about it and exclaimed that it was a perfect night for footy.

Thought J Brown and co gave us good commentary that night; at least the first 3/4s, I couldn't watch the last quarter again.

your right - Bombers will be a worry, I expect to win but its a danger game and with such a hard run coming it would be good to maintain momentum.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:31 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:

I wondered about the "heavy training schedule" as well. The had no legs in the second half.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Me either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: