Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 17 - North Melbourne vs Collingwood at Chirnside Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

From the bits I watched.

Potential afl selection.
McLarty. Took some good Mark's and kicked ok.
Blair. Busts a guy every time.
Faz. Looked likely when the ball was near.
Magdon didnt notice him a lot and didnt do much wrong. But wasn't a star. Maybe a stopper?

Marty Hore should be drafted by someone.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:31 am

To put Madgen's game into a bit of context, he was standing Nick Larkey, North's leading goal kicker and hitherto 2nd in the Frosty Miller race. He kept Larkey to one goal, when previously he had averaged 2.3 goals a game.

Now, granted, the conditions probably weren't the best a key forward could have asked for, but that's still a mighty effort from Madgen. Indeed, Larkey only kicked his single major for the day at the halfway mark of the final term, so to hold one of the form key forwards of the comp goalless for three and a half quarters is a massive tick for Madgen.

At the senior level, with S'Berg out of the game, perhaps Madgen plays a bit more of an interceptor or 2nd string role in defence, behind Moore and Howe and others. But he can defend a player. You can't say the same for the suddenly-rediscovered and reloved Adam Oxley...

And yes, Hore should be drafted. By us. He can take Smith's spot on the senior list and you will all love him when he debuts...

Kosh 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Thanks for the Magden info Bat. I agree with you re Hore. He seems like just the sort who will flourish at a higher level. I think his skills are up to standard but his size worries me. Perhaps that is just perception because I just compared his stats to the Future Captain & he is almost the same size.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: