Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour: Alex Fasolo to Carlton (Free Agent)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

His “self assured” personality shall fit in very well at Carlton whose rich history with similarly styled naval gazes include:

* Mark Maclure
* Stephen Kernahan
* SOS
* Diesel
* John Elliott
* Peter Busatow
* Brendan Fevola etc......

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:08 pm

This really isn't about FA compensation for losing Faz to Carlton. It's about doing the right thing by Faz who's struggling to make it back into the senior team and would have better opportunities at Carlton. It's all about Karma. Do the right thing by Faz and the rest will sort itself out, either by way of players wanting to join Collingwood because they know we will treat our players with respect, or Faz himself who has had mental health issues, will improve himself by the opportunity to play at Carlton and get personal benefit. If we end up with no pick for Faz it doesn't matter.

The real one we want to keep is Elliot. People are forgetting what a good player he is. If he sorts his injuries out he will be a very good player for us next year.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:13 pm

^ I doubt anyone's forgotten how good a player he is, they just don't trust that his body will hold up.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:21 pm

I wish him well wherever he goes - assuming he goes. He is a talented player who has always given his all for us and seems to be well liked by his teammates. Unfortunately for him, the emergence of WHE, Stephenson and De Goey, who all have greater pace, mean that his place in our best 22 has been taken by others.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Doesn't chase. Doesn't tackle. Doesn't impact.

Accordingly, he doesn't figure and therefore, he doesn't stay.

Very harsh Magpie Bat.

He doesn't tackle as much as he / we would like

He can impact & we've all seen that. He doesn't impact consistently - although I expect yours was the abbreviated verson.

Mate, he has two assets: marking and set-shot kicking. And when his set-shot kicking deserts him (as it has several times this year in the 2nds), he is the definition of useless. And don't get me started on the number of times I've had the misfortune of watching him with hands on hips as the defender rebounds out of the 50 like there's no one there...

Now, he's done some hard yards over the journey, from the foot and ankle injuries to the mental health (and more of us have been in that particular sphere than we care to admit). That's all well and good. But he's been here 8 years and he's the same inconsistent player. Moreover, we have not missed him this year. This forward division that can kick high scores while keeping the ball locked in tight has become exactly that because it hasn't had Alexander Fasolo (and, I would argue, a diminished Jamie Elliott) in it.

Disappointing to see him go, but that's life. This will be an amicable break-up, unlike the one we had with that thing who wears #39 for the Blues...

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I wish him well wherever he goes - assuming he goes. He is a talented player who has always given his all for us and seems to be well liked by his teammates. Unfortunately for him, the emergence of WHE, Stephenson and De Goey, who all have greater pace, mean that his place in our best 22 has been taken by others.

More pace and more height. Fas is very good overhead but short enough to be guarded by a small back, the other 3 almost demand a KP backman to counter them.

I wish him well too, I've always been a fan. He'd actually be a good fit at Carlton and while I'd hate to see him wearing that filthy guernsey, I hope he plays well (if he goes there) except against us.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Kind of says it all when no one really cares if he goes.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Fasaulenko you beauty!!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Fasaulenko you beauty!!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Carded.

Crazypie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Kind of says it all when no one really cares if he goes.

We'll have to write a list of everyone who doesn't want him for when/if he kicks 5 on us one day.

I can see everyone now.... "We should I kept him, gave him up for pick 50"

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:24 pm

^

If he goes to Carlton, he could well win the Coleman medal, but not a premiership one

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:18 pm

If leaves for substantially more money then that’s ok.
But I would otherwise try to keep him, as I am concerned Elliot may struggle and Stevo needs to be rested ocassionally (may well have been quiet sensibly rested this season if Fas was fit). Stevo will move the the midfield eventually and Fas could take his permanent fwd role.
You don’t get Fas type talent everyday so we should try to keep him at a sensible price of course. IMO he is worth $1mill over 3 years, and so I would match Carl offer - let Carl pay more if they want.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Agree. I’ll never understand the heat players get for trying to get a game and make a buck.

It’d be different if he was a required player but I don’t think he is. Plus any trade to Carlton is hardly going to bite us in the bum - they’re a decade away from a flag at least.

Good luck Faz - though try to get more out of their salary cap for us eh.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Doesn't chase. Doesn't tackle. Doesn't impact.

Accordingly, he doesn't figure and therefore, he doesn't stay.

Look, I really don't get this. What is this proclamation that Faz "doesn't impact".? Last year, he was a major goal kicker for us. He singlehandedly enabled us to defeat Richmond last year. It is simply not true that he does not impact. I am reluctant to write Faz off without seeing him in our current team. Maybe, in the new environment of our forward line, he could add an extra ingredient, under certain circumstances. I just don't understand why we didn't test this out in the last few games.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:09 pm

And how often does he do that? Once every blue moon. The fact that Crocker was played ahead of him when Fas was in better VFL form should tell you all you need to know about where they see him.

Also, we did not beat Richmond last year. You're thinking of that game nearly three seasons back...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: