Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sudanese crime in Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Stui, there is either manipulation going on here or gross incompetence.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Apparently the guy hasn't had his leg amputated either. Confused
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Describe the man for me.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Well, the description starts with "Two legs ...."
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:11 pm

^

One just slightly mashed

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Good factual article in the Aged today.

Quote:
Does Victoria have a crime crisis involving African-Australian youths? Everyone seems to have an opinion, including many of our politicians, but what are the facts?

Using data from the Crime Statistics agency on unique offenders by country of birth for the period April 2017 to March 2018, the conclusion is....

Quote:
So are Sudanese people over-represented in Victoria’s crime statistics? If someone breaks into your house or steals your car the likelihood of them being Sudanese-born is very low. But relative to their portion of the population, Sudanese-born Victorians have a rate of offending which far exceeds that of the general community.

https://www.theage.com.au/melbourne-news/are-sudanese-people-over-represented-in-victoria-s-crime-statistics-20180904-p501qx.html

Keep in mind that the data is based on country of birth, so those born in Australia will include a number of 1st generation Australians of all breeds.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:11 pm

And the social media thought police strike again. How dare someone speak honestly instead of sticking to the agenda. Rolling Eyes

So Justin Stanford owns a music venue in Fitzroy called The Night Cat. After the incident with the africans and islanders at the gasometer, he posted something on the venue facebook page expressing sympaty for the people at the gasometer as he had recently had a riot at his venue where some African youths got out of control.

Edited version of his post:

Quote:
Owner of popular Fitzroy music spot The Night Cat, Justin Stanford, recently posted the comment to Facebook but quickly issued an apology when the post received criticism.

“I’m totally afraid of hosting African shows now,” Mr Stanford said in response to a recent incident at his venue.

“They were so big and high on ice and so committed to violence for the fun of it,” he said of those involved.

and of course, he got slammed for it and had to quickly try to make amends.

Quote:
Mr Standford was quick to issue a statement to the Night Cat’s Facebook page on Friday night: “The recent situations at venues in Melbourne have been unnerving for me as a venue owner.”

“However, I now realise my comments that my comments in response to this were culturally insensitive and do not reflect the views of the venue staff,’’ the post read.

“I deplore the discrimination being perpetrated against these communities by elements of the media and I apologise unreservedly for my remarks. The Night Cat prides itself on celebrating a variety of cultures and we are still learning, and working towards more ways to ensure that our venue is an inclusive and safe space for all.”

Too little too late apparently.

Quote:
But popular African born singer-songwriter Sampa Tembo said her community “deserve better” and that the Melbourne artist would now boycott the venue.

“The recent comments made by Justin Stanford, owner of Melbourne venue Night Cat, are disappointing at best,” she said in a post to her Facebook page early today.

“It is racism at its most basic form to villainise and vilify my community, a whole race of people, while simultaneously profiting from our culture, music and art.

“We deserve better, and I will not play at Night Cat again.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/fitzroy-venue-owner-apologises-after-post-saying-hes-totally-afraid-of-hosting-african-shows/news-story/b3c33b071150006f57a00f11bba3554a

Really? It's racism to express concern for your venue and employees safety? This singer doesn't have to pay the insurance on the venue, doesn't have to worry about the expense and/or loss of revenue if the joint has to close for repairs after another riot, nor the workcover premiums on the employees.

Having listened to some of her music, I wouldn't be so quick to boycott venues, it's not like there'd be a lot queuing up to invite her.

This guy has been slammed for an expressing an opinion based on experience that doesn't fit the progressive agenda. 1984 was obviously compulsory reading in humanities classes, they're implementing it with the help of social media

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:19 pm

^ Right on all accounts, Stui.

Quote:
"The Night Cat prides itself on celebrating a variety of cultures and we are still learning, and working towards more ways to ensure that our venue is an inclusive and safe space for all.”

He forgot to mention "diversity" Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Quote:
Crime is back in the spotlight in the Victorian election after a gang of youths engaged in "vicious, unprovoked, ugly" assaults outside St Kilda's popular Donovans restaurant without a single arrest being made.

As many as 15 youths of African appearance were roaming St Kilda's foreshore on Thursday night before setting upon a young chef and another innocent man.

Ya gotta ask why?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/two-muggings-by-gang-of-up-to-15-youths-on-busy-st-kilda-strip-20181102-p50dkl.html

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Matthew Guy just popped open a bottle of champagne.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:57 pm

He could rub one out over a Golliwog for all the difference it would make
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am

Melbourne's African gangs will be on 4 Corners tonight.
Usually a nuanced, thoughtful show. Hopefully it's so for this topic.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-05/media-coverage-of-african-offenders-skewed-warns-chief-judge/10452172
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:16 am

This is my favourite bit of the muppets statement....

"I can say that in general terms, most of our work, the vast, vast majority of our work does not involve Africans."

The latest statistics show people born in Sudan make up 0.1 per cent of Victoria's population, but account for 1 per cent of the state's alleged criminal offenders.

Young Sudanese males are overrepresented in certain violent crimes — allegedly committing close to 10 per cent of all aggravated robberies.

Nobody is suggesting that "the vast majority of their work" involves Africans.

It's not a bad effort for 0.1% of the population committing 1% of all crime & 10% of all aggravated robberies though, is it?!

When they breed at a faster rate than anyone else, and make up 5% of the population, carrying out 50% of all crime, maybe this clowns maths will improve.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Skids wrote:
This is my favourite bit of the muppets statement....

"I can say that in general terms, most of our work, the vast, vast majority of our work does not involve Africans."

The latest statistics show people born in Sudan make up 0.1 per cent of Victoria's population, but account for 1 per cent of the state's alleged criminal offenders.

Young Sudanese males are overrepresented in certain violent crimes — allegedly committing close to 10 per cent of all aggravated robberies.

Nobody is suggesting that "the vast majority of their work" involves Africans.

It's not a bad effort for 0.1% of the population committing 1% of all crime & 10% of all aggravated robberies though, is it?!

When they breed at a faster rate than anyone else, and make up 5% of the population, carrying out 50% of all crime, maybe this clowns maths will improve.

Oh dear. 50% of crime, wait till it's 95%: Why they're under my bed right now (it's surprising there's room what with Lennin, Marx and the rights new pin-up boy Marcuse) and coming to get you in WA...Boogie, boogie, boogie Rolling Eyes Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:38 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Melbourne's African gangs will be on 4 Corners tonight.
Usually a nuanced, thoughtful show. Hopefully it's so for this topic.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-05/media-coverage-of-african-offenders-skewed-warns-chief-judge/10452172

You mean 4 Corners are covering the issue of African gangs. It will be interesting to see how Sophie McNeil presents tonights programme. I sense a sense of perspective might be shown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 21 of 26   

Jump to: