Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

SwansWay wrote:
The difference will be, hopefully, a better run with injuries plus more familiarity with the game plan...

I think the club needs to review this properly (probably with someone external). We simply don't know how much of this is mismanagement of one sort or another. Beams actually adds to our injury profile.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:59 pm

K wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
The difference will be, hopefully, a better run with injuries plus more familiarity with the game plan...

I think the club needs to review this properly (probably with someone external). We simply don't know how much of this is mismanagement of one sort or another. Beams actually adds to our injury profile.

For sure. Knee injuries and breaks are just bad luck. The occasional soft tissue injury is part of the game. But when it reaches the level of epidemic going on a few years now, it certainly needs to be looked at. I'm sure they already have looked at it prior to now but perhaps it's difficult for them to get down to the bottom of it.

Our injury profile wasn't too bad by the time the finals rolled around with the exception of missing some KPP. By not bad I mean, a damn sight better than it was looking late in the H&A season when we could barely field a team. It was a positive for mine that we ended games with 22 players.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
We have only won a single wooden spoon in our history. To even suggest that it will accur [sic] again in 2019 is absurd.

Leaving aside that Carlscum used to boast about being the only old team that had never won a spoon and now have 5 - which one of ours did you forget, 1976 or 1999?

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:47 pm

yeah, still remember they boasted about no spoon.
serve them right!!!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:10 pm
Post subject: I can’t warm to Dayne BeamsReply with quote

The way he left us under questionable circumstances (was never convinced about his reasons) and then the commitment he Made to his lions team mates only to bail back to us a few weeks later really makes me question his character. I just can’t get excited about having him back, especially if it ends up costing us a good young gun or two when the salary cap gets tight next year. Don’t like it.
eureka 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:13 pm

Beamsy will be ok he is an awesome player
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:35 pm

I understand where you're coming from, but these guys tend to say only what they think is socially acceptable at the time. You always show full support until the time comes when it is absolutely certain you are going to leave. He was a Magpie long before he was a Lion, he formed bonds here, won a flag and never wanted to leave. His reasons seemed perfectly reasonable, why wouldn't he want to live near his dying father? In any case he is back where he belongs and I love having him back, especially if he plays a big part in delivering a flag. If he does that he can tell me sweet little lies all day long and I wouldn't give a rats toss bag.

MONCO: Your life.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:43 pm
Post subject: BeamsReply with quote

I feel same way about Beams but because Rusty is his mate prepared to give benefit of doubt.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 pm
Post subject: Didn’t put mine uReply with quote

Hands up who never made a mistake—never put mine up

I was angry but that was then

Welcome back Laser

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:51 pm

FFS peoples, he left us to be with his Dad who was dying. He died last year.

He's a brilliant player, is a Collingwood Premiership player and is loved by his teammates.

Any Pies supporter who isn't thrilled that Beamer is back is a sad and sorry person imo.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Don’t like having an elite star back in our team, one that helped us lure DeGoey and Crisp? Um, OK...
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Nothing a Norm Smith won’t fix
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:02 pm

I'm happy to have him back, he's still a very good player.

Did we need his type? Probably not but if you already have a damn good cake a little icing can't hurt. We didn't chase him, he asked to come home and considering what he adds it would've been dumb to say no.

Hopefully he ends up a duel Collingwood Premiership player.

Jamesy 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:16 pm

Love Beamer, and rapt to have him back.

When he left, I did think his idea of/relationship with the coach played a massive part...and it did as proven with articles about how Sidey got them to smoke the peace pipe which paved the way for his return.

With what he said to his Brisbane teammates, he probably meant it at the time...but things can change pretty quickly.

It's common knowledge that Dayne's mental health has been poor since the passing of his Father. Maybe he needs to be away from Brisbane, and be in a different environment. I think his wife is from Victoria (I'll stand corrected), maybe that's another reason for the move back to the Pies.

All-in-all, I wish him well, and hope his time back at the Pies brings another flag.

My two cents.

Go the Pies!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:29 pm

I wasn't happy when he left. But I understand why. We also won that trade. Big time. Essentially we got; JDG, Levi and Crisp for Beams. That softened the blow of him leaving.

Did we win the return trade? We got Beams and Pick No. 41 and 44, the Lions received Pick No. 18, 56 and a future first-round pick. With all the new draft day deals and bidding, its a bit harder to work it out. But time will tell if we won the return trade or not.

As far as warming to Beams himself? The players love having him back. He has matured as a player and as a person. I had the chance to see him at a live show and I was very impressed. Once he hits the scoreboard a few times, you may feel differently.

He belongs here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 154 of 188   

Jump to: