Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a collingwood policy where we rookie in the best player our vfl team has to offer each year. It might be quite a group / team building practice that would push the vfl squad along and develop individuals with reward for effort (make better players)

then again there's a reason I'm not a recruiter

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:13 am

glasseyevfx wrote:
I'd like to see a collingwood policy where we rookie in the best player our vfl team has to offer each year. It might be quite a group / team building practice that would push the vfl squad along and develop individuals with reward for effort (make better players)

I like it: getting back to the idea of a first, second and thirds teams

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:39 am

Not sure about the Hugh Goddard idea. Was thinking about it this morning, when reading about delistings. Was reasonably regarded in TAC level.

May need a fresh start. May need better development. Big guys take time to mature. Has been injured a bit. So hasn't had a good run at it.

Would be interested in opinions on his form from any VFL observers

We need KPP. Could be a good Rookie punt.
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:42 am

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/revealed-blues-secret-meeting-to-lure-key-position-exsaint-hugh-goddard/news-story/6e11c754d60f108189c9566174ff5fce

Quote:
Goddards form for Sandringham has remained strong this year, which led to him being recalled against Hawthorn in Round 22 and playing his only senior game for the season.

After averaging 10 disposals per game across his first 11 matches in the VFL, he averaged 19 per outing in his last six matches. He was also the leading intercept marker for the Zebras in 2018.

St Kilda insiders say his foot injuries since being drafted at the end of 2014 have significantly hampered his continuity, while a source with close connections at the club said Goddard has been just one of several players to have plateaued due to sub-par development coaching that is now being rectified.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:48 am

Last year (pre-Guy), Cal Twomey mentioned the main guys we know about and then wrote: "Adam Shepard is a national recruiting officer, and the Pies have part-time managers in all states, and about 15 scouts who report to them from around the country. The Pies call on some consultants in terms of the organisation of data, but are relatively thin in the core team."
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Beams will become more valuable once Treloars hammie goe twang.

Or said better. Having Beams means we can rest players more easily so that they become less likely to suffer fatigue injuries. Might enable a Varcoe to get to September absolutely cherry ripe!

Might allow kids like Sier and Stevo the chance to have the odd week off here and there.

People think we dont need midfield depth are forgetting the there was a time last year where we barely had a best 22. There were weeks when every fit player was named (other than McLarty)

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:23 pm

M M
I read this morning that the Cats are about to officially register Oscar Brownless as a an F S nomination. The deadline for these nominations is 31st Oct according to the AFL article.
This suggests that F S nominations ( and presumably NGA prospects ) do have to be officially flagged by any affiliated club.
The point being, Im assuming no one on here has yet heard of Collingwood nominating either Quaynor, Kelly or Atu B ??
I dont see any issue at all other than everyone on here assumes Q and K will be part of our strategy. It might be that we all keep one eye on 31st Oct just to at least confirm what we all think as very likely.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
M M
I read this morning that the Cats are about to officially register Oscar Brownless as a an F S nomination. The deadline for these nominations is 31st Oct according to the AFL article.
This suggests that F S nominations ( and presumably NGA prospects ) do have to be officially flagged by any affiliated club.
The point being, Im assuming no one on here has yet heard of Collingwood nominating either Quaynor, Kelly or Atu B ??
I dont see any issue at all other than everyone on here assumes Q and K will be part of our strategy. It might be that we all keep one eye on 31st Oct just to at least confirm what we all think as very likely.

Given the number of third and fourth round draft picks we have stored, as well as what we gave up for Beams, I would be staggered if that wasn't our strategy. Just a formality before Q and K are named.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 pm

^^^

I think the interest in the above is more about if we hear them officially nominate Q and K but not Atu B, then we begin to get a slightly clearer picture of the clubs thinking.
Same applies if Atu B is also nominated, that too would declare our intentions at the draft ( unless of course one of them is called out way earlier than the club expects )
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I was disappointed we didn't land Lynch or May, the latter apparently being one we had been courting for a couple of years. I think the club may have been wrong footed by Moore, thinking he'd leave for Sydney. Once Darcy, and to a lesser extent Langdon, decided to stay with us, we clearly had no salary space or indeed draft picks to get Lynch or May. Once that was clear, getting Beams was our next best option, and to that end we were successful. Overall, I'd give our club 6.5 or 7/10 for their trading efforts.

and Being Committed to Beams we did not have the Currency to get May

K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:26 pm

The question is: Is Ned good at Scrabble?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I was disappointed we didn't land Lynch or May, the latter apparently being one we had been courting for a couple of years. I think the club may have been wrong footed by Moore, thinking he'd leave for Sydney. Once Darcy, and to a lesser extent Langdon, decided to stay with us, we clearly had no salary space or indeed draft picks to get Lynch or May. Once that was clear, getting Beams was our next best option, and to that end we were successful. Overall, I'd give our club 6.5 or 7/10 for their trading efforts.

and Being Committed to Beams we did not have the Currency to get May

I think it may have been the other way around. Not able to get May, we then decided to recruit Beams.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

I like it: getting back to the idea of a first, second and thirds teams

I don't. Being best player at VFL level doesn't mean you fit list needs or have what it takes to play AFL.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:58 am

My presumption is Rudey is right. We turned off May once it was apparent that he would get to Melbourne courtesy of the Hogan trade. May himself seems to have made that choice for practical reasons. I believe he wanted in at Collingwood and the Age podcast suggests that to be the case.
Beams, was a late option and improves our Best 22 and Roughead improves our depth for little cost. Solid enough trade period and hopefully, with a bit of luck, we don't have to go too far into deficit to secure Quaynor and Kelly.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
My presumption is Rudey is right. We turned off May once it was apparent that he would get to Melbourne courtesy of the Hogan trade. May himself seems to have made that choice for practical reasons. I believe he wanted in at Collingwood and the Age podcast suggests that to be the case.
Beams, was a late option and improves our Best 22 and Roughead improves our depth for little cost. Solid enough trade period and hopefully, with a bit of luck, we don't have to go too far into deficit to secure Quaynor and Kelly.

Better value for money (so to speak) pursuing Beams vs May, albeit positionally a tad silly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 114 of 128   

Jump to: