Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 686, 687, 688 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am teaching you something new.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:02 pm

ronrat wrote:
think positive wrote:
Geezzzzuuussss

Hope Tukky is ok, and your mouth, thats a $%$ed up day

Poor girl. She is just trying to sleep. I will go on an odyssey to a different and better hospital to see if they can give the tests to present to dentists which happened last time. My BP has returned to 138/88 which is fine so hopefully I can get this bloody tooth out. No root canals for me ever again.

Xmas, bah humbug. I think mine will be some genuine Italian salami, ham , some aussie tasty cheese, onions, gherkins, cherry tomatoes and some crusty bread and a can of English cider and a bottle of cheap (but expensive) red. Maybe 2 small mince pies that my mate makes at his bakery. Hopefully by then we would have unwrapped the dog from her bandages. The vet with all the pills and stuff gave her a pack of dog treats to bring home which I thought was nice. Chicken and blueberry sticks. Never heard and seen them. She ate a couple last night. Exclamation

That actually sounds like a nice spread! Enjoy! Nice vet, and sound like the guys missus did the right thing. Cheers hoping it all gets better!

HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:05 pm

So I am teaching you something new.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Another big smash on the freeway,FIL eye doc running very late, now its peak hour, already taken an hour for a 25 min trip and not half way home! Bloody starving!

But at lease we will make it home!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:34 am

Dodgy home renovators!

I could hear a water leak when I woke up early (0330hrs) on Boxing Day. Thought I must have left the hose turned on at the tap when topping up the pool and it had popped the fitting... nope, wasn't that.
At 0400hr, I'm outside with a torch searching around the place, the meter was spinning at about 5 litres a minute and the hissing was loudest at the front garden tap.
Before we bought the place (circa 1994), the previous owner had built 2 additions. When he built the lounge room on the side of the house, instead of rerouting the water main around the new slab, he just concreted straight over it and yep, that's where the leak was Evil or Very Mad
I discovered this by cutting and sealing the mains either side of the extension. It was over a metre deep and all under paving.
I got the new pipework finished yesterday, now there's all the paving to put back.

Lucky I know a cheap plumber. If that happened to a Joe Blow, he'd be up for about $4-$5k.
Would have probably added $300 to the cost of the addition back in the 90's.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:47 am

Dodgy tradies full stop! That sucks bad
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:55 am

think positive wrote:
Dodgy tradies full stop! That sucks bad

You're not wrong TP! Now for the replacement of the pavers... screwed my R n R.

One thing I noticed was the quality of copper pipe today, it's rubbish!
So soft, which is obviously due to the increased lead content, same as the brass you get today. Compared to stuff you got 25 years ago it's criminal!

I don't drink tap water, it's full of all the contaminants that leech out of the pipes and fittings. Which is what prevented the new children's hospital in Perth from being opened for years. They traced it back to shit brass fittings leeching into the water.

npalm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:56 pm

^^ I should know better, but I continually make the mistake of assuming that governments and regulators are working hard in the background to ensure that all products are safe. But it appears they can't even get it right for something as essential as water.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-06/lead-leached-by-brass-shuts-fountains-but-what-about-homes/9886518

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:00 pm

Like who, specifically?
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:27 pm

Who cares about quality or safety, everything has to be cheap.

No one wants to pay for good quality these days.

You can still get good value but everyone's view is short term.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 am

Paramedics. They think they know everything. God knows, Nurses do. Apart from invariably taking patients to the wrong Emergency Departments (which pisses me off no end) yesterday they failed to take my Mum to The Alfred after she fell on a footpath outside Glen Eira Council. She broke her fall & scunned her hands, fell on her face (nose & forehead damage) and did their tests & said she was OK.

Now Mum initially refused to go, she is assertive, stubborn and can be a pain in the backside but shes 84, has alzheimers and Im her POA. As I told the paramedic by phone driving to the scene, Mum is the personification of Dr Google. At times she can't make the cognitive links to make rational decisions for her best interests.

I drove her there, she needed dessings to her toes and steri strips to her forehead, and attention to other abrazed areas while looking like a victim of domestic violence with a nice shiner to right eye. Fortuitously the CT of her head proved negative.

It was luck & not good management that she was OK. ED picked up some other things that her GP and the wonderful District Nurses need to focus on.

The rule is simple: dont f*ck around medically with a person in their mid 80s (especially with her medical history) I was told that many years ago by a head of ED when I basically coerced/duped Mrs WPTs Mum (stoic like the black knight in Monty Python) to go to ED post a dizzy spell She ended up admitted for nearly a week to correct her cadiac meds at the time and lived pretty well for another 7 years or so.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 am

Damn old iPad

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

Dann old iPad

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

Damn old iPad

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

Damn old iPad

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 686, 687, 688 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 687 of 719   

Jump to: