Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Transgender politics and social issues

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of that thread, David, but what he peddles is not even psychobabble... If it's true and there is a backlash, we can only hope it is Carlton...

Last edited by K on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Jezza wrote:
Woods wrote:
(NB. Peterson will be in Aust in Feb. Word I've heard is that an AFL club(s) is looking at getting him in to talk to players. He won't be got cheap though, I would think. Guys on a global roll.)

My guess is Carlton.

Apparently Chris Judd is a big fan of his.

This is a good idea.
A 3 hour discourse on the story of Genesis is exactly what Carlton need going into 2019.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:59 pm

K wrote:
I thought of that thread, David, but what he peddles is not even psychobabble... If it's true and there is a backlash, we can only hope it is Carlton...

A bit off topic: I'm looking at this Fortnite streaming video [imbedded in the article below] that captured an altercation between a gamer and his wife. It's really only audio. You don't see him slapping his wife, though you hear a lot.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/partner-of-fortnite-gamer-applies-to-change-avo-conditions-20181213-p50lyg.html

Police charged him. He lost his Telstra job. I'm wondering what you think about that, David? I guess you think Telstra should butt out. [Oh, I see it says "suspended", not "sacked". 'Telstra general manager media Steve Carey said the alleged assault "goes against what we stand for as an organisation..." ']

The media have gone to town. Pictures of him in bed trying to avoid them...

I'm going to respond to that in the thread below, K, as I feel it's a bit off-topic in this thread.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=78925&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks, David. I looked for a better thread, but the ones that came up were e.g. "domestic violence deaths". If you quote it, I can edit/delete the above post. (I was watching it while reading this thread.)
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:20 pm

David wrote:
K wrote:

A bit off topic: I'm looking at this Fortnite streaming video [imbedded in the article below] that captured an altercation between a gamer and his wife. It's really only audio. You don't see him slapping his wife, though you hear a lot.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/partner-of-fortnite-gamer-applies-to-change-avo-conditions-20181213-p50lyg.html

Police charged him. He lost his Telstra job. I'm wondering what you think about that, David? I guess you think Telstra should butt out. [Oh, I see it says "suspended", not "sacked". 'Telstra general manager media Steve Carey said the alleged assault "goes against what we stand for as an organisation..." ']

The media have gone to town. Pictures of him in bed trying to avoid them...

I'm going to respond to that in the thread below, K, as I feel it's a bit off-topic in this thread.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=78925&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

The guy has apparently been charged with assault. It would be standard practice for an employer to suspend a person (with pay) in these situations, pending the results of the case.

Suspension in employment law is not deemed a penalty.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:51 pm

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-11/7-eleven-axe-attack-evie-amati-called-tinder-date-sociopath/9980654?pfmredir=sm

Well that’s gunna screw up the crime stats, temper of a woman and the strength of a man, not a good combo

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Didn't know where to put this as it is not about athletes. All I can say is only in England Razz

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5341098/men-who-identify-as-women-are-invited-for-cervical-smear-without-a-cervix/

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:18 pm

^

When she shows up for a cervical smear, can they do a prostate test instead?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
Didn't know where to put this as it is not about athletes. All I can say is only in England Razz

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5341098/men-who-identify-as-women-are-invited-for-cervical-smear-without-a-cervix/

I think you may need to read the (admittedly, extremely poorly written) piece again.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:37 pm

First they came for the TERFS....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6687123/Mother-arrested-children-calling-transgender-woman-man.html
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 pm

there has to be more to it than that surely?

on a side note the MAFs articles, surely they are actors, no one could be that nasty and deluded??

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:13 am

We were just talking about making internet trolls legally accountable in a different thread a few weeks ago: well, here it is. I’ve seen some of the stuff that gets posted about transgender people on MumsNet (don’t be fooled by the name; it’s mostly a hang-out spot for rad-fems), and it’s truly vile – so I’m guessing that this woman must have written some truly delightful stuff to warrant a police visit.

Of course I’d strongly oppose any overreach or misuse of this power, but I note that The Daily Mail doesn’t repeat anything this woman wrote; perhaps because it might undermine their narrative of her being an innocent victim of the PC goon squad.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:38 am

David wrote:
We were just talking about making internet trolls legally accountable in a different thread a few weeks ago: well, here it is. I’ve seen some of the stuff that gets posted about transgender people on MumsNet (don’t be fooled by the name; it’s mostly a hang-out spot for rad-fems), and it’s truly vile – so I’m guessing that this woman must have written some truly delightful stuff to warrant a police visit.

Of course I’d strongly oppose any overreach or misuse of this power, but I note that The Daily Mail doesn’t repeat anything this woman wrote; perhaps because it might undermine their narrative of her being an innocent victim of the PC goon squad.

thats actually what i meant, simply saying he instead of she or she for he would be nuts.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:20 am

Yep. But I’m sure the Daily Mail will have moved on to the next beat-up by the time the full facts come out here.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:38 am

David wrote:
Yep. But I’m sure the Daily Mail will have moved on to the next beat-up by the time the full facts come out here.

you only have to look at the click bait side stories to know that! and if your avoiding something, like say balancing accounts or cleaning toilets, its really easy to get lost on the wave!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13   

Jump to: