Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "Dees"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:42 pm
Post subject: The "Dees"Reply with quote

I have long assumed these tossers have been 'tanking' since 1964.
Any thoughts?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toffs upper class gits team, the MCC, long may they be utter shit, these cheats, long may it reign. he he.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:00 pm

Why are Melbourne not a powerhouse?

Because for the first 100 years of their existence, they pushed people away. People that were not good (or rich) enough. They didn't want to be associated with the poorer people. The likes that could be associated with the Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond types....

Then they sacked Norm Smith.

Fast forward to the late 1980s. Still above everyone else? Most clubs were struggling, but things were changing.

In the 90's the league lost Fitzroy to Brisbane and we almost saw the mighty Dees join up with the Hawks. The Hawks pulled out and are now a powerhouse club.

And now? Other clubs are thriving off field.

And where is Melbourne?

Losing culture. Horrible at developing players. No passion. And their players do not play for the club or the jumper.

The first half of their existence, not accepting the "poor" has seen them become a battling club in the modern era.

They are a dumb club. Blatant tanking, then losing the players they tanked for anyway and crying foul to the AFL. Exploiting Watts when he wasnt ready. Treating Bailey like dirt and labelling Roos as a hero and saviour.

They suffered from the seventh deadly sin, which is pride. (If only the players had some) And there's really noting to be proud of is there. And this has led to the sixth deadly sin, which is envy. And now they suffer from this too as the clubs they once deemed not worthy enough are killing them off field.... and on.

The other clubs dont like Collingwood. But the respect Collingwood. No one respects Melbourne.

Gutless, weak club.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:53 pm

they can choke on their quail and cucumber sandwiches
up yours geoffrey dribblesworth III
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Not sure if this comment is relevant to this thread, but my comment is about the Dees so it seems kind of appropriate. I was appalled at the umpiring disaster that engulfed Melbourne tonight. The tiggy touchwood free kicks that were donated by the umpires to Essendon in the last 7 minutes of the game tonight absolutely guaranteed the win to essendon. If my Pies had been at the receiving end of that catastrophic umpiring incompetence, there is no way of knowing how I would have reacted. But it would have been scary.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Yes. I said in the "Other AFL" forum they should take the umpiring up with the AFL.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:12 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Not sure if this comment is relevant to this thread, but my comment is about the Dees so it seems kind of appropriate. I was appalled at the umpiring disaster that engulfed Melbourne tonight. The tiggy touchwood free kicks that were donated by the umpires to Essendon in the last 7 minutes of the game tonight absolutely guaranteed the win to essendon. If my Pies had been at the receiving end of that catastrophic umpiring incompetence, there is no way of knowing how I would have reacted. But it would have been scary.

I guess the league decided that the bombers were too important to the comp to start 0-3? Or maybe the umpires were pissed off at the players? Are you suggesting foul play?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 pm

On the other hand, it didn't happen to us. I'm happy for Essendon to get all the free kicks for a few weeks, so the Umps can even up the season ledger on Anzac Day.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:45 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
they can choke on their quail and cucumber sandwiches
up yours geoffrey dribblesworth III

Heehee.. good memory sir,well played😉👍

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:46 pm

E wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

I guess the league decided that the bombers were too important to the comp to start 0-3? Or maybe the umpires were pissed off at the players? Are you suggesting foul play?

No, I am not suggesting foul play, unless you define "foul play" to include in its definition sheer dumb, blind (criminal?) incompetence.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
On the other hand, it didn't happen to us. I'm happy for Essendon to get all the free kicks for a few weeks, so the Umps can even up the season ledger on Anzac Day.

But what if they don't?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: