Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 819, 820, 821 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Skids wrote:

The interesting bit is my crew, all a fair bit younger, with plans of hitting the pub to watch the footy tonight, and on the weekends.
The superintendent see's me as being the responsible one. This is going to be interesting Smile

Just don't let em do anything really stupid, like getting pissed and driving or starting a blue in the pub, and the super will love you. Wink

Good point!
Just landed.... look out Hedland Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:16 pm

The son called over this arvo with the grandson. He'd met with DHHS on Thursday with his ex. He's getting messed around a bit and the ex is trying to spike him anyway she can but he's learning how to temper his natural stubbornness and bad temper (NFI where he gets that from Embarassed ) with some maturity. He's resorting to honesty.

Yes he did drugs, no he doesn't anymore
Yes he has a drink, but when he has the kid it's very few
Yes he's had mental health issues, no he's not on medication, yes he knows what to do if shit gets to him.

The kid demonstrates little desire to communicate with his mother, running to his room and hiding when asked to speak to her on the phone.

As far as DHHS is concerned, the kid stays with him but he was warned that because there's no custody agreement in place, once they back out he's on his own. He's still paying maintenance and she's still getting a single parents benefit unto they get their shit together and send him a fkn letter which he has to take to centrelink.

The plan at the moment is to get the letter, get some centrelink support like the family tax benefit, not paying maintenance and child care assistance, then claim custody and restrict her to supervised visits only so she can't take off with the kid.

Both of us are of the same mind, she doesn't really want the kid, just the money that flows with him. He's so far better off with his dad it's unreal. He is so good with him, better than I was.

Anyway. sorry for hijacking this thread every Sunday, there was a period of time when I was nearly ready to give up on my son, but he's pulled himself back from the brink and is doing well. I wouldn't wish being a single Dad working full time on anyone, it's fkn hard work and you don't get a lot of empathy, but so far he's managing it, his plans are good and he has a good (fare better than mine) support network.

All you (at least me) really want from your kids is that they grow up to be good people and are able to be happy, earn enough to provide for themselves and/or their family, be a good parent and raise kids who can do the same.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
All you (at least me) really want from your kids is that they grow up to be good people and are able to be happy, earn enough to provide for themselves and/or their family, be a good parent and raise kids who can do the same.

Absolutely, Stui. Wishing your son all the best, and hope everything works out with this.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Hang in there Stui your son and grandson are lucky to have someone on their side!

Last edited by Morrigu on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Well said Stui!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:44 pm

Awesome Stu, hopefully the custody shit gets sorted fast, no one needs the mind games, cheers
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Thanks All,

Susan, I'll look into that. His inclination is to just keep the kid and dare her to go to court, but I can see similar stuff happening to what you described so I'll do some research and may suggest to strike while the iron is hot.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Thanks All,

Susan, I'll look into that. His inclination is to just keep the kid and dare her to go to court, but I can see similar stuff happening to what you described so I'll do some research and may suggest to strike while the iron is hot.

I'm happy to help in any way I can - you won't get much support from the " agencies" I'm afraid to say - they are all " dead beat dads" Evil or Very Mad

Just yell!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:43 pm

I will, thanks.

Hopefully in these days of Gay men raising children, the old argument that a child needs it's mother has been diluted.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Loving this Autumn warmth. Very Happy

Heading up to Toc for Easter, got all next week off so come back in time to go to the G on ANZAC day and the forecast for up there is low teens overnight and high 20's to low 30's every day.

I remember as a kid swimming in the river in April, but won't be giving it a go this time, once the overnight lows get into the low teens, the water is too fkn cold for me

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:45 pm

^ I know 3 ADOs and bang over a week off - yippee!!! Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 am

Smashing Brisbane! Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:27 am

Jezza wrote:

ditto!!!! Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:27 am

Jezza wrote:

ditto!!!! Laughing

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Getting back to site last night!

Port Hedland did my head in, wouldn't care if I never went there again.... but I do Crying or Very sad in 7 weeks.
Food was rubbish, power goes out when you leave your room, so you get back after a 13 hour day and it's a sweat box. The local pool has a chlorine level that removes your body hair. You get asked for a smoke or money every time you go to a shop or a pub.

Found a 2-3 yo aboriginal girl lost in the coles car park, she nearly got hit by a car, family nowhere to be seen. Took her to the centre management. Poor kid was terrified and pee'd on me when I picked her up.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 819, 820, 821 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 820 of 866   

Jump to: