Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cricket: it's just not cricket

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:01 am
Post subject: Cricket: it's just not cricketReply with quote

Wow, anyone would think Jonathan Agnew posts on Nicks:

"Oh, stop it Aggers. The news that Jonathan Agnew MBE, the BBC’s voice of cricket, has been reprimanded by the corporation for repeatedly calling a journalist at the Independent “a %$^%$$%” might come as a bit of shock to those who follow Agnew’s sunny broadcast presence..."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2019/may/13/jonathan-agnew-row-with-journalist-bbc

K 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:26 am
Post subject: Re: Cricket: it's just not cricketReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Wow, anyone would think Jonathan Agnew posts on Nicks:

You may be on to something, WPT. I'm trying to see which of his insults I have not been called on Nick's.

No one on Nick's has demanded of me: “Apologise now.”
And no one on Nick's has asked me: “Who the f*** are you?”
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

'Agnew has also apologised to Liew in writing.

The two journalists’ feud could date back to 2012, when Liew called Agnew “the most overrated broadcaster on planet Earth” who adds “virtually nothing in terms of insight”.'

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/iconic-cricket-commentator-jonathan-agnew-unleashes-in-spat/news-story/df43a41e11a93c978d95c3a215451628
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:11 pm

"Agnew, who earns between £180,000 and £189,999 as the BBC's cricket correspondent, has missed England's first two one-day games against Pakistan owing to a planned holiday.

In December 2018 Agnew told his colleague Gary Lineker to keep his political views to himself, adding: 'I'd be sacked if I followed your example.'

He has also previously complained about being sent 'vitriol' on Twitter, adding: 'What is the point of coming on and making a rude, inflammatory introduction? The answer is, there isn't, unless you really want to cause trouble.' "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-7021181/Jonathan-Agnew-carpeted-BBC-foul-mouthed-rant.html
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:49 pm

Gary Lineker:

"Jonathan, I’m the face of my own Twitter account. I’ll continue to tweet what I like and if folk disagree with me then so be it. Thank you so much for your concern, which, I imagine, wouldn’t be a concern at all if you agreed with me. 👍🏻 "

[Given what has happened since, I'd say the "wouldn't be a concern at all if you agreed with me" is right.]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: