Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL Coaches award.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Flip earned his votes. 34 disposals, 2 tackles and 2 goals.

I’m still getting over the 100m penalty.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:43 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Agree. Grundy had to be BOG.

Cripps had a great third quarter, the rest of his game was good but not best on ground good.

AFL team of the week has Grundy palming the ball to Cripps in the centre of the ground. Maybe the votes should have been split 50:50 between the two. Both are champions.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:06 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
The coaches not only got our 5 correct but had them in precisely the right order, too. I think they know now to check my GB Medal votes and copy.

I do not see how anyone could think Cripps was best on ground, though. Grundy dominated the game. His contribution got Collingwood over the line. They do get a little too excited about Cripps. Personally, I would have given him 2nd best.

Just twice in the recorded statistical history of our game has a ruckman had 45 hitouts, 25 disposals and 2 goals. The last time that happened was in 1966. Cripps was solid but Grundy played a - quite literally - once in 50 years game.

Agree.

I think it was Grundy's greatest individual performance for the club.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Lachie Whitfield had a monster game. 40 disposals and 190 AF points.

Of the leaders, Cripps, Fyfe, Ablett, Cunnington, Kelly and Bontempelli all unlikely to draw votes.

Only Neale (36 disposals, 6 tackles) shone.

Good for Pendles and Grundy.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:18 pm

v. St Kilda.

9. Brodie Grundy, Steele Sidebottom
5. Luke Dunstan
3. Scott Pendlebury
2. Tim Membrey, Ben Reid

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Leaders.

48 Patrick Cripps, Tim Kelly
44 Marcus Bontempelli, Lachlan Neale
41 Brodie Grundy
37 Travis Boak
36 Nat Fyfe
35 Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett
33 Ben Cunnington, Lachie Whitfield
30 Luke Shuey, Tim Taranto

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Pies.

41. Grundy
35. Pendles,
14. Treloar, Phillips
13. Sidey
11. Moore
10. Crisp
9. De Goey
7. Mihocek,
6. Mayne
5. Howe
3. Stevo
2. Reid
1. Brown

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm

For those wondering why Grundy didn't get the 10, his D/E (54.2%) was the worst of any of our players.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Sidey really coming into form with two great games.

Of our midfield the two we're still waiting to fire are Beams and Adams (understandable in the latter case).

I felt this was Dayne's best game for the year. 7 clearances, I think, is clearly a season high. Had certainly been well below this in recent games.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Of our midfield the two we're still waiting to fire are Beams and Adams (understandable in the latter case).

I felt this was Dayne's best game for the year. 7 clearances, I think, is clearly a season high. Had certainly been well below this in recent games.

Interesting Inky "On the couch" had a stat tonight in which Beams sits 3rd in for the competition
Its disposals to % of score involvements
Dayne runs at 29% of his disposals lead to scores for us
Thinks he's been asked to play a different role than hears gone by
He like Sidey aren't asked to get 35 a week any longer and are doing more specific roles
I'm more happy this week than weeks gone by as I think he's starting really get into games and impact our performance
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 pm

Yes, he was close to serviceable this week.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:37 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Interesting Inky "On the couch" had a stat tonight in which Beams sits 3rd in for the competition
Its disposals to % of score involvements
Dayne runs at 29% of his disposals lead to scores for us
Thinks he's been asked to play a different role than hears gone by
He like Sidey aren't asked to get 35 a week any longer and are doing more specific roles
I'm more happy this week than weeks gone by as I think he's starting really get into games and impact our performance

Without context it isn't a very useful stat. You can be involved in a "score chain" and have very little involvement in the scoring.

Beams isn't a good runner or a particular good field kick. For me, to be impacting games he needs to be winning clearances and kicking goals. In too many games this year he's only been able to win 1 or 2 clearances, that's not good enough when he's forcing better players out to the wing or forward.

I want him to be taking more shots at goal, love his ability to score from 50 and beyond, and to consistently be winning more clearances. Maybe his long kicking would be useful off half back, so far though he doesn't get back there enough.

I'm not sure if we'll try playing him at half forward (I've concerns he's not creative enough outside of goals he can kick himself), but with a fully fit team, especially if you include Sier, it becomes difficult to find an effective midfield role for everyone. So far he's been really good for our ability to cover injuries, and that's important, but I'm still not convinced he significantly improves our best 22 as he doesn't address areas of weakness.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 am

Amongst our 27 players who have taken the field in the seniors so far this year, he is 10th for kicks, 17th for marks, equal 15th for marks inside 50, 6th for handballs, 7th for disposals, 7th for contested possessions, 5th for clearances, 8th for inside 50s, equal 12th for goals, 9th for goal assists, equal 16th for tackles and 27th for 1%ers. He is equal 5th for hitouts, though (on 0 with 23 others).

One could, I suppose, just dismiss that as mediocre (or worse) - but, hopefully, as you say, he will get enough goals and clearances in the remainder of the season to justify picking him or, if he can't, we bring in someone who can.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm

^ Inky, the more useful stat in terms of scoring team plays is probably "score launches". That sees Grundy a mile out in front on 31, followed by Crisp and Howe on 17, Treloar on 15, Pendles on 12, Phillips, Langdon and Mayne on 11, then Beams in 11th spot, on 10.

Looking at other Beams stats, he ranks 20th for disposal efficiency for us, equal 13th for effective kicks, 12th for metres gained and 15th for intercept possessions.
K 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:11 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Beams isn't a good runner or a particular good field kick. For me, to be impacting games he needs to be winning clearances and kicking goals. In too many games this year he's only been able to win 1 or 2 clearances, that's not good enough when he's forcing better players out to the wing or forward.

I want him to be taking more shots at goal, love his ability to score from 50 and beyond, and to consistently be winning more clearances. Maybe his long kicking would be useful off half back, so far though he doesn't get back there enough.

You don't think his field kicking is good?

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Inky, the more useful stat in terms of scoring team plays is probably "score launches". That sees Grundy a mile out in front on 31....

What about his direct opponents, or Gawn? Maybe his position is one that leads to many score launches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: