Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury and illness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I watched us in Syd was at Homebush (August 2013) and we stitched them up

Was seated in “Joffa” area

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:51 pm

No issues in the VFL from what I could see today.

We'll know more about Langdon hopefully tomorrow afternoon. And hopefully its a short term injury.

de Goey, Cox, Appleby, Murphy & Lynch will all be tests. Gut feeling is most will pass. Very exciting.

Jamie Elliott is a week closer, but we'll see if he's listed as short or mid term later in the week. Two conflicting reports.

Tyler Brown and Adams should be near or just under a fortnight away

Matty Scharenberg is a week closer and should be close to a VFL game not long after our AFL bye.

K 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:49 pm

"... Jamie Elliott cannot put a date on his return from his latest hamstring setback, but says it is unlikely to be before the Magpies' bye in three weeks.

Elliott said a knock to his glute against Brisbane in round five had thrown out his running mechanics, precipitating the hamstring strain.

Mason Cox will miss again this week...

... Tom Langdon will see a surgeon on Tuesday about his knee injury...

Langdon has been managing some knee soreness but on Saturday aggravated the injury with the possibility of a tear to his cartilage, which could require surgery."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hamstring-stretch-for-elliott-20190520-p51pdh.html
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 pm

Media is reporting that Adams and Moore should both play this week.
E 

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 pm

Media is reporting that Adams and Moore should both play this week.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:17 pm

COLLINGWOOD

Taylor Adams - Groin (TEST) Unbelievably expected to play. Last week was listed as 3 weeks away.

Mason Cox - Ankle (TEST) The Age has reported that he will not fly up to Sydney.

Darcy Moore - Ankle (TEST)

Jordan De Goey - Shin (TEST)

Flynn Appleby - Ankle (TEST)

Max Lynch - Concussion (TEST)

Tom Langdon - Knee (TBC) Still waiting to hear the damage. Praying for short term.

Tyler Brown - Shoulder (1 Week)

Nathan Murphy - Ankle (1 Week)

Jamie Elliott - Hamstring (2-3 Weeks)

Matt Scharenberg - Knee (4 Weeks)

Lynden Dunn - Knee (Season)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

Quote:
Langdon appears in serious doubt for the clash with Sydney at the SCG on Friday night but Cox, De Goey, Moore and Adams would be significant reinforcements. Appleby, Murphy and Tyler Brown are nearing returns, but Elliott is a little further away. Scharenberg is back training with the main group as he comes back from a third knee reconstruction, but the season seems over for veteran Dunn after a second anterior cruciate ligament rupture in nine months. - Ben Collins

Last edited by Presti35 on Wed May 22, 2019 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
eureka 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:32 pm

What’s the go with Langdon any updates
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Wednesday update:

COLLINGWOOD

Taylor Adams - Groin (TEST) Unavailable.

Mason Cox - Ankle (TEST) Unavailable.

Darcy Moore - Ankle (TEST) Unavailable.

Jordan De Goey - Shin (TEST) Available.

Flynn Appleby - Ankle (TEST) No News.

Max Lynch - Concussion (TEST) No News.

Tom Langdon - Knee (TBC) Unavailable.

Tyler Brown - Shoulder (1 Week)

Nathan Murphy - Ankle (1 Week)

Jamie Elliott - Hamstring (2-3 Weeks)

Matt Scharenberg - Knee (4 Weeks)

Lynden Dunn - Knee (Season)

eureka wrote:
What’s the go with Langdon any updates

RE: Langdon. He could be looking at surgery. "At least a couple of weeks" according to Buckley. They are deciding and getting opinions about resting it or getting surgery. I think we wont be seeing him for a little while.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:29 am

I haven't seen a lot made of this, but Scharenberg is returning to the VFL this week. Fantastic and surprisingly early news Very Happy

He could become an important senior player if things go well for him, especially if Langdon's issue is more serious than we'd hope.

eureka 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 am

an update on Langdon please
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:13 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I haven't seen a lot made of this, but Scharenberg is returning to the VFL this week. Fantastic and surprisingly early news Very Happy

He could become an important senior player if things go well for him, especially if Langdon's issue is more serious than we'd hope.

Scharenberg is right on schedule as it was set out according to the club
VFL this week for a couple weeks then a rest then possibly one or 2 more games in VFL then straight into the seniors for the last 4/5 games before the finals
Scharenberg gives us some real class in defence (if his body holds up and we all pray it does) he is a class act

Langdon is a interesting case at the moment
He's seen a surgeon and the club is seeking further advice ? Sounds to me it's more serious than a couple week injury
He's had chronic knee injures for a few years (don't know if this is the same knee) and I think this is playing a part in it
If he has any form of surgery I would image that's his season done and maybe there's some swelling that they can't see what they need hence the delay
I have this gut feeling he may be one of those players who's bodies gives up on them through no fault of there own a bit like Freeman (except langdon at least got to 80 odd games)
It's no secret the club hesitated in re-signing him at the end of last year mainly on the basis of his chronic knee. It scared Sydney away as well after they received the report
He's on a 2 year deal (3rd year is a option in clubs favour) here so he has time on his side to get it treated
Even though I'm not a fan of his I hope he gets his knee right I hate seeing players have injuries decide there careers
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:57 pm

With all due respect you are making some big claims about Langdon and need to provide further information to back it up otherwise it sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

I don't recall any media reporting that the club "hesitated in re-signing him mainly on the basis of his chronic knee" or that "it scared Sydney away as well after they received the report".

His chronic knee didn't stop him being one of our very best during the final series so I find the notion that the club would have formed that view implausible while Sydney seemed very keen on securing Langdon's services throughout the period he was making his decision.

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:34 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Scharenberg is right on schedule as it was set out according to the club
VFL this week for a couple weeks then a rest then possibly one or 2 more games in VFL then straight into the seniors for the last 4/5 games before the finals
Scharenberg gives us some real class in defence (if his body holds up and we all pray it does) he is a class act

Langdon is a interesting case at the moment
He's seen a surgeon and the club is seeking further advice ? Sounds to me it's more serious than a couple week injury
He's had chronic knee injures for a few years (don't know if this is the same knee) and I think this is playing a part in it
If he has any form of surgery I would image that's his season done and maybe there's some swelling that they can't see what they need hence the delay
I have this gut feeling he may be one of those players who's bodies gives up on them through no fault of there own a bit like Freeman (except langdon at least got to 80 odd games)
It's no secret the club hesitated in re-signing him at the end of last year mainly on the basis of his chronic knee. It scared Sydney away as well after they received the report
He's on a 2 year deal (3rd year is a option in clubs favour) here so he has time on his side to get it treated
Even though I'm not a fan of his I hope he gets his knee right I hate seeing players have injuries decide there careers

I feel he is a underrated by many, he is an important cog in our backline and could be a huge out if it is season ending (which i for one really hope it is not).

We need the likes of a Magden, Kelly (first year i know) or Murphy tpo step into his role should he be out for the season. OR i know many on here disagree we swing Reid back into the backline.

eureka 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:51 pm

I want to know about Langdon the wait is killing me I hope he is ok and just say a 2-3 weeker he is very under rated Langdon
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Hope Langdon is ok as well as if he misses any significant time, I fear he won't get back into best 22 ... it will come down to Scharenberg or Longdon

Scharenberg every time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 38 of 96   

Jump to: