Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2019 VFL R7 vs Geelong (Sun 19 May 2pm @ Kardinia Park)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit if distraction in my area of the crowd. Pies have goaled.

Unsure who.

68 to 61. 29 min mark.

Weve played well and tried hard.

Siren.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Final siren.

Cats 10.8.68

Pies 9.7.61.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Nick Daicos was here today. He looks taller than Josh.

We saw him after the match have a shot at goal from just inside 50.

It went through.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:51 pm

No injuries which is always good.

Of the AFL listed players:

Wells still moves really well. Didnt tear the game apart, but when he has the ball he does something good with it. Was unselfish today, passing off a few he could have converted. It's good to know he is there if the AFL team needs him. The younger players would love playing with him in the team.

Madgen is very vocal. He is the general down back so to speak. Had a good game apart from dropping a mark he should have taken early in the 4th. I think that it lead to a Cats goal too.

Quaynor was good in patches. Played a defensive role and made a few spoils.

Kelly is a beast. He has really good hands and took some great marks. He presents well too. But his kicking is absolutely awful. He sprayed a few set shots, including one on the full. He also put one on the full from a foul pass on the wing. He looked great apart from that.

Crocker looked good and I thought was aggressive towards the play. Was vocal in the breaks and was in a barney at half time. I thought he looked quick.

Goldsack played mainly forward and looked good. He did also spend some time down back in the last quarter. Kicked a goal and it's reliving to know he's there is we need him.

Bosenavulagi had a good match. Took some awesome marks and hit the scoreboard too. Played all over the ground and I think will be named in the bests.

Broomhead I didnt really notice. Not saying he didnt have a good game, I just cant remember anything standing out. (I said that once before about a player in the VFL and then he was named in the bests lol)

Daicos moves really well and when he has the ball, is always good. I felt like he didnt get enough of the ball, but he's very good when he has it. Played in the middle/chf area. Would love to see him let off the lead a little. He has the skill set.

Tohill was alright and kicked a goal.

Siers tackling was really good. He kicked a ripper goal too. He spent some time off the field as if he was being managed. I dont think he was tearing the game apart, but showed positive signs.

The push and shoving that happened at half time is a sign that patrons should probably not be allowed on the field until the players are off. There were kids trying to get close to the players, I mean its probably nothing, but you wouldnt want to hear about a trod on child cos the players were fighting. It was strange being right there.

I was able to hear Gotch at the 3QT huddle. He was talking with Sier, Daicos, Hellier, Woodward and Crocker. The message was to go with your instincts and to go long. We had the breeze in the final quarter. Woodward was vocal as was Crocker. From what I could tell, Woodward seemed to almost disagree with something and thought the game was there to be won and wanted to go for it. Crocker seemed annoyed at something Gotch said but i couldnt quite make it out.

Overall, I thought they played well and tried really hard. Even though it was low scoring, it was a good game to watch. As most gamed do, it lagged off towards the end even though we kicked a late one to make it a 7 point margin.

With Langdon likely to miss the Sydney trip, IQ would be a good replacement considering his position. Goldsack too, for his experience. On todays form, Wells would be the most likely to get a call up. However, some injured Pies might return to take the available AFL position.

It was pretty hard to type on my phone and watch the game. Every time I did, I missed something. Hopefully the simple score updates were enough. I found it hard to make out some of the goal kickers too. Sier stood out because of his boots. haha. There was a bit of niggle with two lads near where I was sitting near the end, so I missed a few moments late in the game.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Thanks heaps Presti35 for the wrap there. Some good and encouraging reading/signs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: