Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Homelessness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
I have seen these old Chinese women begging, i knew something was suss. Next time i will film them

Looks like you and swoop were on the money.

Quote:
A rort in which professional beggars from China fly in to prey on compassionate Melburnians has been exposed by Victoria Police.

Elderly fake beggars have each been earning hundreds of dollars a day and sending the cash back to China electronically in the scam.

The culprits use begging bowls and money pouches, with their normal clothes hidden under specially-made “street” garments. Key CBD intersections have been targeted, including the corners of Elizabeth, Swanston, Flinders and Bourke streets.

It is believed the fly-in vagrants are being put up in inner city hostels and pass the cash they collect on the streets to “handlers”.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/police-raid-busts-professional-beggars-scam-in-melbourne/news-story/42828a94b00ce7718bc8ec9b49cad761

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Culprit wrote:
This morning I noticed my regular crew so to speak have been moved on. Vic Pol at work doing real policing once again.

You may well be surprized:

Vic Pol do an enorrmous job with homeless people on a daily basis. They have dedicated staff with NGO's like the salvo's and a range of services including mental health to work direcly with homeless people in the CBD.

At the same time there is a fair bit of co-morbid issues such as drug & alcohol use and mental illness amongst the homeless people. Many police I work with do a lot of postive work. At the same time some people go and shop steal or assault others or passers-by try to assist & call 000 so the police at times act.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
I have seen these old Chinese women begging, i knew something was suss. Next time i will film them

Looks like you and swoop were on the money.

When I heard the news, the first thing I thought of was this thread.

Woods of Ypres must feel like Nostradamus right now Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: