Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Fact: Collingwood are out of form. Why? Mixture of injuries to key players, Stevo and Beams off filed situations, maybe gameplan?

Myth: Richmond are the form team of the competition. This is their past 7 games; Loss to North by 37, loss to Geelong by 67, loss to Adelaide by 33, defeated St Kilda by 33, defeated Gold Coast by 92, defeated GWS by 27 and defeated Port by 38.

Ok, they've won 4 in a row. But look at 3/4 of the opposition.

They can be beaten. And we're copping it in the media. The players will have a rocket in their arse.

I looked at this last night, will give them GWS the rest don't rate at all. The media just love whoever is on a roll. Weeks ago King who I don't rate as a media commentator stated it was Geelong and then daylight. Fair Dinkum has no idea.

Anyway decided I'm going. Still think we need to kick 15 goals to win and this is our biggest challenge. Midfield have copped another hiding in the media, saying they are soft. Expect them to have a real crack. Midfield to give it to Pendles who hopefully has someone on a lead. Rinse and repeat.

Achilles 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:04 pm

We play better when we’re underdogs. My only concern is no Greenwood to tag Martin.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Myth: Richmond are the form team of the competition. ...

They can be beaten. ...

They've never been good. It's just that they had two years of zero injuries and stole a premiership in an era of mediocrity.

Unfortunately, after half a season of club-encouraged media beatups about them having an injury crisis, they suddenly have only one injury (to a best-22 player) right now. But of course, like any bad side, they can be beaten.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:14 pm

Presti35 wrote:
They can be beaten. And we're copping it in the media. The players will have a rocket in their arse.

I hope you're right, but it was a similar situation before the Hawthorn game, and we didn't get the job done. But we can take confidence from the West Coast game as evidence that we can play well against good opposition.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 pm

tbaker wrote:
.. But we can take confidence from the West Coast game as evidence that we can play well against good opposition.

It's what we do against bad opposition that worries me.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:43 pm

I feel we've become so blase to having a long injury list season after season that our expectations of what the side should be able to deliver week in week out doesn't actually reflect the seriousness of our present situation.

Brisbane is the media darling right now, being lauded for their rise up the ladder but a quick look at their injury list provides some reason for their success.

Brisbane currently have 3 players on their injury list and 2 of those are rated as requiring a test. Only Cutler would be considered potential best 22.

Geelong have just the 5 players listed. 2 of them are rated as test and 2 are awaiting confirmation. Only Parfitt would be considered best 22.

Richmond now have a relatively healthy list with only Rance and Nankervis who resumed in the VFL last week missing from their best 22.

In total they only have 7 players listed.

COLLINGWOOD HAVE 17!

Out of the 17 only 4 are rated as requiring a test and a chance to play at AFL or VFL level this week.

4 are out for the season and this could potentially rise to 5 with Reid.

Beams, Elliott, Langdon, Moore and Stephenson are all best 22 when fit.

Some of Aish, Greenwood, Mayne, Thomas and Wells could be best 22 depending on personal form and health of list.

Dunn and Reid would have provided vital key position depth for Moore and Cox.

Young players in Murphy and Noble show potential.

In all honesty with that list of players unavailable or under a cloud we should be rated no chance this Friday night by any neutral observer.

As Collingwood supporters we need to face the reality that injuries are crippling us, it's a valid reason not an excuse for our indifferent form and we have been to harsh on our coach and players of late.

Against the odds we produced something truly special against West Coast.

Against the odds we'll need a miracle against Richmond.

Believe.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:50 pm

swoop42 wrote:
As Collingwood supporters we need to face the reality that injuries are crippling us, it's a valid reason not an excuse for our indifferent form and we have been to harsh on our coach and players of late.

The club, which does include coaches and players, is responsible for its own injury profile. Luck matters, but no one so far has expressed belief that bad luck continues uninterrupted for 8 years or said which of the past 8 years was a good one for injuries.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:12 pm

Well said Swoop42.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:29 am

K wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

The club, which does include coaches and players, is responsible for its own injury profile. Luck matters, but no one so far has expressed belief that bad luck continues uninterrupted for 8 years or said which of the past 8 years was a good one for injuries.

I have said while back, that our entire fitness dept should be sacked, dismissed, and get a whole new fitness regime. lIke this injury shit has been going on for years, years, cost us a flag last season, may cost us one this year. Like, Moore, why does he get so many soft tissues ???? and there are others, we get one player back, lose two more. Enough is enough, sack them all, just bloody useless, really. Surprised Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:48 am

Piesnchess wrote:
K wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I have said while back, that our entire fitness dept should be sacked, dismissed, and get a whole new fitness regime. lIke this injury shit has been going on for years, years, cost us a flag last season, may cost us one this year. Like, Moore, why does he get so many soft tissues ???? and there are others, we get one player back, lose two more. Enough is enough, sack them all, just bloody useless, really. Surprised Confused

i think i've addressed the Moore issue ad nauseum. We did sack the fitness department. At least the fitness department that caused Freeman and Moore to be in situations where their careers could be jeopordized by a "hamstring off the bone" injury. Go back to Moore's first ever reserves game for us and see what happened to him.

We did crazy pre-season's back then (with lots of running in high altitude). the thinking was, if it works for endurance athletes, it should work for footy players. The problem is that footy requires burst speed (not to mention lateral movement) as well as endurance so simply doing marathon style training is actually dangerous. The body becomes fit, but is fatigued, AND more importantly is trained to function at one speed and in one direction.

Then they move onto footy and ask them to sprint at top speed.

Any serious marathon runner will tell you that in the serious part of their training cycle they would avoid lateral movement and burst speed efforts as their body isnt capable of coping with it.

Result. Hamstring torn off the bone!!!

Fortunately, we are smarter than that now!

dollygray 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 am

Put Howe at FF or CHF then fill in the defence gap. Cox -- last chance for mine. I've only ever seen him play one good game. We need a radical change if we are to win this one.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:58 am

The guys who are killing us compared to last year are WHE and JT. They both kicked many more goals, without them doing that we have started to dry up.

2018 - Hoskin-Elliott 42, Thomas 28
2019 to date Hoskin-Elliott 12, Thomas 12

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:12 am

Cam wrote:
The guys who are killing us compared to last year are WHE and JT. They both kicked many more goals, without them doing that we have started to dry up.

Very true we need a heap more from both. Hopefully with Jamie back , Will can get off the chain a bit. I don't think JT is fit.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:09 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Believe.

I do.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Cam wrote:

Wow, thanks for this Cam. Says a lot about why we're in a pickle at the moment. Unless we can kick 15 goals on Friday night we really have no hope against the rampant Tigers. But where are those goals coming from? De Goey 8? I hope so, but seriously doubt it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: