Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
North are after Pendles.

If the Coodabeens were still running, you could replace Cliff on "Talkback with Tony” with these baseless rumours.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:04 pm

Please no -

Collingwood is putting together a pitch to attract Bulldogs Rory Lobb across town to the AIA Centre, SEN SA’s Michelangelo Rucci reports.
Lobb’s name has already been raised in trade speculation after spending most of the season to date in the VFL, with Rucci the first to link Lobb to the reigning premiers.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/07/victorian-powerhouse-looming-as-likely-destination-for-out-of-favour-bulldog

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed May 08, 2024 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:31 pm

Say it ain't so. Sad
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 am

Let me say it here second. Don’t want this to happen. I’m a no to Rory. I’m a know to trades this year unless we’re trading back into the first round, I know that means giving up something but that’s my opinion for 2024.

If a true link what could they be thinking? Is it a Cox replacement? I would rather we take a physical ruck fwd if there’s one about in the MSD and leave the dogs to rue their bad trades with Freo

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:23 am

I'm a no also.
I have a couple questions to go with it though... What would he cost (I suspect not much - potentially Dogs paying some of his contract (I think he's contracted to 2026!)?
Would he be Leigh Brown or maybe Jesse White? Would he be an upgrade on Cox when he eventually retires?

We all want to recruit absolute guns - thats a given - but if he came for next to nothing, could he play a role?

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:28 am

The Black and White Lion wrote:
If a true link what could they be thinking?
It might be ensuring we 1. find a new whipping boy and 2. ensure we finish outside the 8 in 2025 in order to secure a 1st round draft pick.

In all seriousness though, would he provide a more valuable output than Cox?Or is it simply insurance for McStay or Mihocek?
If we have interest in him, and he's the best available option, then the Bulldog have clearly made it known he's available before his contract rolls off in 2025. He doesn't have to move until then but if the Dog don't see him as part of their plans beyond 2025, I guess that's where the noise comes from. I can't imagine he'd come over for anything less than 3 years / $1.5-$1.75m.
If the Dogs are going to reset their list, we might as well ask the question on 2027 contracted Jack Macrae. Amazing he's not getting a game.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed May 08, 2024 11:59 am; edited 5 times in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:14 am

Oscar Allen a Magpie. - Swoop Luke.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:24 am

^if that develops, I'd question why WCE would be letting a 2025 contracted co-Captain and key position player go early.
I reckon Swoop Lukes mail would be as good as Cliff from the Coodabeens.

If it happens, I'll delete this post...

Boot 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:21 pm

Rory Lobb is a big no from me. There's a reason why he hasn't been able to get a game at the Dogs ... he's no good and he hasn't been any good for a couple of years since before he arrived at Footscray from Fremantle who were more than happy to let him go.
People get seduced by his size and relative mobility but he is as soft as hot butter and I can't recall him being any influence on an AFL game. He would offer nothing more than what Cox already does and probably a lot less.
I can't understand why the club doesn't try Aiden Begg in a key forward role for the remainder of the season in the VFL or even give him an opportunity to play as a replacement for Mihocek while Brody Mihocek is out injured. Begg has the athleticism to contest the high ball into the forward line and the kicking power to hit the scoreboard if he gets a chance. At 197cm Begg is a very good height to play that high Half Forward role and / or be the 2nd ruck to Cameron while Cox plays the full forward role completely while Mihocek is out of the team.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:57 pm

Boot wrote:
Rory Lobb is a big no from me. There's a reason why he hasn't been able to get a game at the Dogs ...

Jack Macrae, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale cant get a game either...

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:28 pm

I get the point but Dale was near bog for the doggies AFL team last week. He had a week as the sub but has played most weeks hasn’t he?

I recall a few years ago Buckley tried to lure Dale across. Wouldn’t say no. Still don’t know what trade capital we’ve got for anyone decent though

piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:10 pm

^yeah you’re right. I was being half a smart ass as I don’t really want us to pick up Lobb either.

Dale has generally been good - remember we started Sidey as the sub recently too to give him a bit of a reminder.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:03 pm

A poster on Collingwood's BigFooty forum is hearing Elliott could be out for 8-10 weeks.

Fly said we'd be updated early this week so nothing has been confirmed yet.

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:00 pm

Lobb is what you get when you order a Wes Fellowes from Wish. Looks like <Snip - there might be a better, more modern analogy in this day and age. Thanks...the mods>
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:26 pm

The Black and White Lion wrote:
Let me say it here second. Don’t want this to happen. I’m a no to Rory. I’m a know to trades this year unless we’re trading back into the first round, I know that means giving up something but that’s my opinion for 2024.

If a true link what could they be thinking? Is it a Cox replacement? I would rather we take a physical ruck fwd if there’s one about in the MSD and leave the dogs to rue their bad trades with Freo

That's a valid point. The largely unnoticed rule change in the Ruck for this year has aided the heavier, stronger rucks who can use their physical strength to the detriment of the leaner, taller tap rucks. That could be an issue for Steene who is also lightly framed.

Lobb has almost identical career stats to Cox so he's not an upgrade, just 2 years younger.

McStay is the key forward we're missing but Checkers isn't getting any younger, we need to find another Trav Cloke or Pebbles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67   

Jump to: