Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do the Players really Like Buckley?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 2:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday? Your driveway? 12.23pm?
Yeah Emma! I saw Sav there. I was driving past with Anna Kournikova she's staying at my place for the Olympics I've set up a mattress for her on the floor next to my bed.
Anyway Anna K says (in Russian accent) "Isn't that that footballer that play for your rugby team?"
To which I replied "That's football babe! Light me a cigga and grab me a can will ya!"

Romance lives!

eMmA 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 2:47 pm

MAGPIE_RUSS,thought i saw u 2 drive past!!!!!

do u know what we r talking about magpie_russ??its something from the chicks channel!!!!

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 4:14 pm

hey girls why do you do this
im not being sexist but you certainly have stuffed up
a good topic here.

please in future go to chicks channel ok !!!!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 4:16 pm

hahaha yeah man i spoke to some Rocca cousins u know hahaha!
hhmm then yeah we just cruised on down to Eddies McGuire's house at 5:05pm to have a few beers with him then us 5 chickies off the footy sluts page just stayed the night at Shane Crawfords place yeah and he drove us up our driveway at 10:53am in his silver Audi. Jesus Christ this bullsh!t up here is just getting crazy all i say is oooohh get over it Football dudes r REAL PEOPLE too u know!!! Bloody name dropper oh Savs cousins oh im Tarkyn girlfriens oh oh etc etc.

Magpie_russ u seem to have more of a warped mind than me ---> U put Anna K on a matrees next to ya bed hhhmm ok poor Anna!

???

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:25 pm

I've also been accused (unfairly, I might add) of rubbishing Buckley on this BB, so I think I'd better take this opportunity to tell you all a little story.

I was on a train on my way to the footy one day. There was this kid in a wheelchair in a Collingwood jumper. I overheard a conversation between the kid's father and another bloke on the train. The kid knew Buckley quite well because Buckley is, apparently, in the habit of spending quite a bit of time with disabled kids.

There's a few sporting champions around who do that sort of thing. And they don't usually make a song and dance about it. Andrew Jarman was another one who comes to mind.

I'm inclined to slag off footballers from time to time for being ego-maniacs, which I'm sure most of them are. But when you hear about players who are prepared to use their fame to help bring some joy to the lives of people like that kid in the wheelchair it kinda gives even a cynical old bastard like me a touch of goose-bumps.

Don't be too hard on Buckley if he seems a bit stand-offish. So many people want a piece of him and there's only so much to go around. I met Buckley at the launch of Richard Osborne's book a couple of years ago and he was quite polite to me. But there were dozens of other people around who wanted to talk to him as well and I found myself thinking that he really must get pissed off with all the attention he gets.

Seriously, when you're that famous it would be an absolute pain in the arse not being able to go anywhere in public without having people wanting to talk to you. And Buckley would cop that a lot more than 99% of other players.

So, go easy on him. I'm sure he's a very decent bloke. Just give him a bit of space.

------------------
**floreat pica**

michy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 1:37 am

Spidergirl,
me clint and rupert thought it was u and shane.Coz after all we were driving past his place at roughy 10:30pm.Then rups dropped me and clint off at my driveway.
hugs and kisses
michy

Bucks and Tania are a cute pair.I love them to get married.
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 3:52 am

Alf
At long long last i have to disagree with you on what you have just said,

Bucks is on anything between four hundred thousand to five hundred thousand dollars per year plus all the other freebies and perks he picks up along the way.

Good luck to him and thats from a guy who would be lucky to see
twenty thosand dollars per year!!!

But as captain he is an ambassador for the collingwood football club its as simple as that.

He wants to remember we the poor scum are paying big money each year to watch OUR beloved collingwood as we were before his
arrival and will be after his departure.

Now please i am not knocking bucks for the heck of it apparantly there are a lot of other players in this competition who tragically think they have become bigger than the game its self.

The game is about people like you and me alf the poor bastards
who just want to feel as though we truly belong.There was a player by the name of jeremy sharpen who got delisted just recently he never made the seniors cause he was never given the chance but let me tell ya you could not wish to meet a nicer person he was just a top bloke.

My message here is simple,A club doesnt need to spend wasted money on membership advertising it only has to tell all players
to spend time with its supporters.

Could you imagine the thrill alf if a superstar like bucks
came up to you and said'hey i saw you at the MCG sitting in the pouring rain'and then thanked you for your support.Could you imagine how many memberships that would sell when the word of mouth got around.

ok im prob getting of track a bit but i think yous all know
what im sayin.

And remember im amazed at the footy skills bucks has he is a champion..

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 7:56 am

and Ps

The rumours
about bucks not getting on with the other players
is getting bigger and bigger.

If bucks for whatever reason has lost the ability to get
on with the other players well it kinda means that this club
is in far greater trouble than what we are to believe.

In house bitch fighting in any club is like that dreaded cancer!!

eMmA 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 8:42 am

I have to agree with dad on this one,bucks is paid a hell of alot to do what he does-play and CAPTAIN collingwood and should have known when he became a footballer that autographs,photos,people wanting to talk to him all the time would be part of being a football player especially at the level of football he plays.IF bucks gets sick of all the attention he gets then maybe he should think about where he would be without the supporters cause the money that we pay for our memberships is going towards what he gets paid at the end of every season so he should have no problems with any of the supporters wanting autographs cause all that stuff comes with being a *star* player like he is.

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 10:02 am

Joffa, I really don't know how useful it is to compare Jezza with Bucks in this situation. I've never met Jeremy Sharpen, but from what you say he's obviously a very approachable guy with a lot of time for the fans.

But really. His situation is completely different. He could walk down Bourke Street in peak-hour and nobody would hassle him.

If Buckley did that he would be mobbed by fans, harrassed by enemies, probably threatened or assaulted by the odd Carlton thug, propositioned by under-age girls, over-age girls and even the occasional bloke.

He's got cameras and microphones thrust in his face on a daily basis. The whole world knows what he has for breakfast, who he's sleeping with, how much money he makes, what his favourite swear words are.

Christ almighty, he's like John, Paul, George and Ringo all rolled into one. Remember, for every John Lennon there's a Mark Chapman.

God knows what sort of shit the big-name footballers have to put up with. Can you imagine the hard time those hysterical Carlton morons must give to Kouta?

I know these guys get paid a king's ransom. And obviously they would know, in theory, what the job involves before they sign on the dotted line.

But they are only human after all. Idols with feet of clay. And if they don't live up to our expectations then it's really our problem, not theirs.

We are the one's who put these guys on a pedestal. It really is our fault ... i.e. the fans' fault. We are the ones who create this insane hero worship and all the bullshit that goes with it.

Buckley was really just a kid who loved to play footy. He got very good at playing footy and decided to make it his life. All the superstar adulation shit just happened to be part of the deal but it's not the thing that gives his life meaning ... and neither should it be.

------------------
**floreat pica**

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 10:21 am

yeah jezzas cool. anyway joffa us chicks would leave it in the chicks channel but the topic we had it under 'mysteriously' disappeared......
Fletch 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 10:34 am

I'd have to agree with Alf on this one, I think some people see Buckley as being arrogant, but I believe he has a tremendous self-confidence and belief in himself and his ability, thats why he is able to be the best player in the competition.

A couple of years back when I was at training getting autographs, he was easily the most popular player at Vic Park, but the thing that got me pissed off was the amount of brats who were so rude that when they did get there autograph they could'nt even say a simple thank you to the great man. He was probably out there for a good twenty five minutes signing autographs and getting photos taken with supporters. Also on his video it shows him visiting sick kids in hospital.

Everyone enjoys there privacy and it would be difficult dealing with the media and fans all the time like Bucks does, and if you ask me he's worth every cent he gets.

Nick 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 11:13 am

Quote:
yeah it has CONVIENENTLY disappeared again.

quote:
the topic we had it under 'mysteriously' disappeared......

Something you need to say CQ?
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 2:36 pm

yeah, maybe it was deleted by you thats what.
Nick 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 4:04 pm

Well good, I'm glad we've got that out in the open. It was obvious that that was what you were suggesting, but I needed you to say it so I could answer it - thank you.

CQ, if I need to delete a post I can just delete it. We don't often need to do it and try not to unless it's absolutely necessary. Whenever a post has to be edited or deleted, it's always done in the open, otherwise this bulletin board would lose all credibility. For anyone else reading this. Last week, the whole of the Chicks Channel was deleted during system updates on two successive nights, or twice in three days - something like that. Both times after a lot of work I was able to restore every topic but one - the one that was being posted to when the system was updating - I'm not sure why I bothered. To say that I'd not only stage a system problem to hide deleting a topic, but that I'd do it twice, not only accuses me of deceit, but also of stupidity.

I'd like to know why you think I'd do that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: