Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Your Fav Pie Memory's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jono20 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 7:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pebbles goal on the siren to beat Sydney at the SCG in Rnd 4 this year was pretty fantastic. Nothing like standing in the midst of so many Swans supporters and letting 'em know just what had happened!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 9:54 am

what about how we shocked the crap outta the Saints supporters and whipped their asses at Waverley that time. Like 2 years ago or something on Monkeys milestone game 200 i think. How mad was that. It was my birthday the next day so that made the win even kewler and the fact that both my teams were playing each other that day at my fave ground was good i even managed not to barrack for Spider once all day!
I remember at half time or 3/4 or something Shawry brought the players down to us to rev them up then at the end we rubbed it into all the shocked Sainters while jumping up and down so much that we broke all the Waverley chairs! Then we marched out to wait for the players sining the song so loud that all the Saints ppl plyers and coaches etc stayed up hiding in the social club thing cos they were too shit scared to come out where they usually did coz we were there!

Then of course the Sydney one this year rocked we watched it at Vic Park and nearly brought the social club down that was mad.

We can't forget the last game at Vic Park but heaps of memories from that. Remember Magpiegal19 what happened after when we met up with Adam Heuskas hehe!

Then there's of course all the funny stuff the players always do.
Can't really pinpoint one specific favorite memory but cause all footy memories are the best even the shit things that have happened!

???

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 4:12 am

I was at that game too, PieGirl39.

Carey kicked one or two early, so Buckley went on to him, and preceeded to dominate the game from full back.

I took my niece to her first game of footy in Melbourne, that day, she's a North supporter and didn't I rub it in. Joffa and Emma met her on the bridge back to Spencer street after this years great North game, which was a great game too.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 10:36 pm

Doug, I was at that 1990 Sunday game v Ess. We came back after looking useless for most of the day. (6 goals down at 3/44 time to lose by 6 pts) I recall saying to my mates on the way home that we had nothing to fear from that lot come Sept, which proved true.
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 6:11 am

Apart from Darren Millane holding the footy aloft and Micky McGuanes famous run against Carlscum another of my favourite memories was against West Coast at Vic Park. Joffa , Dazza and Co. had gone for their usual refreshments leaving us non-drinkers holding the fort. At the half time break the West Coast Players and Mick Malthouse ventured onto the ground. We straight away started giving them a typical Vic Park welcome. Jachovich, Lewis and who ever else copped heaps and then we decided to give it to Malthouse. After a couple of songs we all sang "Knick - Knack Paddywack give the dog a bone, Piss off Malthouse - **** off home!!" Well, on hearing this Mick started heading our way and to our complete shock and disbelief he came right up to us and said "hello - how are you all!!" We were really rapt and told him we loved him and to come and coach Collingwood!! He really laughed at that one!

------------------
ROWDY FOREVER
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 1:29 pm

yeah i bet u really told Micky how much u LOVED him Magpie Maniac! spunky old Micky hey!

bugger, why couldn't my parents have fu@ked a bit earlier so i coulda lived through half these memories from the good old days of football

???

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 2:06 pm

haha spidergirl! ur never gonna let magpie maniac forget it r u!!!
on ya second comment, do you even want to think of that at all???
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 3:18 pm

thats is a LMFAO comment spidey...
yes ST.KILDA last year- i lived about a 5 min walk from waverley..on the way home i had to cross traffic lights and i was givin it to the cars waitin on a red..
it was beautiful
...especially SAV's goal that bounced thru about 10 st.kilda players from 50 meters out, and i loved the grin on his face after he had done it....
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 7:28 am

Of course Spidey. Your parents must have been slow learners!!

If there is anyone with memories of the players and games from the sixties, we'd love to hear them. I don't see why the young ones would object to a bit of Collingwood history.

------------------
ROWDY FOREVER
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 10:57 am

yeah c'mon old fogies let us hear all about the good old days of footy looooong before this four eyed cu#t Waynbe Jackson was even born. All we got now is just videos and old footage but we wanna hear about it from some1 who was actually there. Hang on a minute but--->Magpie Maniac wouldnt u have been there in the sixties??? let me see yes i think u would have been now that i think about it! N E way how cool does it look in all the old photos of the crowds at the footy some 30 or 40 odd years ago they were all just spilling out onto the ground sitting halfway on the oval and stuff and look at it now we cant even hang our banner or pissy little scarf over the fricken advertising!

???

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 6:34 am

Give me a break Spidey! And stop calling them "Old Fogies!" You would be surprised at how fit some of the more mature people are. Look at Tommy Hafey , Peter Moore and Mick Malthouse. At least they've all still got a head of hair!!

------------------
ROWDY FOREVER
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 8:41 am

hahaha more mature people - so whos ya pick of spunks from the All Australian side --> Craig Bradley no doubt!

???

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 2:02 pm

Keep going Greg! I'm wide awake and COP THAT SPIDEY!

------------------
ROWDY FOREVER
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 8:00 pm

Ah Magpie Greg

You lucky bastard. What an amazing repetoire of memories you've got.

I'm certainly OLD enough to have seen all those great moments, but unfortunately, being South Australian, my great memories tend to be Port Adelaide ones which I certainly won't bore you good people with.

I saw Collingwood lose to Sturt in an end-of-season match at Adelaide Oval in 1966. It was supposed to be between the two premiers but St.Kilda couldn't be bothered coming. Collingwood came instead but I think they treated it more like a party than a serious match and got beaten pretty easily. The Port Cheer Squad (which I was a member of) turned up in force that day to barrack for Collingwood.

Next time I saw Collingwood was at Junction Oval against Fitzroy in 1972. We won by about 4 goals after coming from behind. It made the hitch-hiking from Adelaide worth while.

Next time I saw them was at Victoria Park against Hawthorn in 1974. I remember it was a heart-stopping finish and we won by a few points.

I saw them again at the S.C.G. in 1983, when I was living in Sydney. I'd backed them to win and was supremely confident. We lost. Unfortunately I'd backed them with money I didn't have and I had a few problems paying up. I learned a lesson about living beyond my means.

The next time I saw them was against Carlton late in the 1994 season. I'd been awake all night on the Overland train and it was like being in a dream. Huge crowd. Amazing atmosphere. But Mil Hanna completely destroyed us. The only good thing that happened was a Buckley screamer on the Members wing late in the game when it was all over.

Sorry, but that's the best this particular old fogey can manage.

Actually, the 1996 season was interesting. It was my last year living in Adelaide. Collingwood had a very mediocre season and we finished in the wrong half of the ladder again. I managed to get to five matches that year.

Against Fremantle at Victoria Park. We won easily after McGuane went berserk.

ANZAC Day V Essendon. We came from about 7 goals down in the first quarter to win. Sav played a blinder.

Against North when we beat them easily (that game has already been described in this thread)

Against Footscray late in the season. We opened up a huge lead early but fell in a heap in the last quarter. In the dying stages of the match, as a the ground became shrouded in a dense fog, we just hung on to win narrowly.

And then, the highlight of the season, at Football Park in the 2nd-to-last game. We played the Crows and beat the crap out of them in front of their home crowd. For a South Australian Collingwood fan with an intense hatred for the Crows that was an amazing experience.

So, in the 1996 season ... in which Collingwood had a shit year ... I went to 5 Collingwood matches. And we won them all. I remember being convinced at the time that I was The Club's good luck charm. That theory has since been proven wrong. Many times over.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2000 1:10 am

Hey, Spidey: can we pick Lou Richards?

GREG: I thought you were going to write a book then. Nick could probably set aside a whole section of the site just for your memories!

------------------
Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: