Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ok everyone--->start complaining

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 4:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee your a bunch of bloody WHINGERS. A night out on the piss costs you over $100,and your complaining about forking out $230 for a whole season of footy.Get your bloody priorities right.Support the club,if there was no Collingwood what would we all do.Support those navy blue scumbags!No way I'd rather die.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 6:37 am

What do u get with the MCC membership? What about the AFL one?

BTW, the club is increasing prices knowing full well that we supporters will still pay, in the end. Those who are familiar with the term elsticity of demand will know what I'm on about. Unlike what Big Poppa pump thinks, if ppl do not renew their membership, the club is not going to die. It would only alert them that we are not 'men in suits' and then they might stop these increases is prices! So stop calling us whingers!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 6:42 am

I don't know why anyone's surprised. Not only has the club been screwing around with season's ticket prices for years, the so-called Heritage listing of Waverly has ensured that increases like this will become normal for probably a decade.

This isn't really the fault of Colonial - it's the fault of those morons who thought a heritage listing would convince the AFL to reschedule games there. They never considered that what they were doing would actualy do far more damage to football and their clubs (mostly St K & Hawthorn supporters). $70m just can't be found overnight.

As for the club's role in raising prices: how the hell do they expect to keep current paid-up supporters, let alone gain any new ones when we're constantly paying more than other clubs?

SPIDEY: when you get you 33 other club memberships, let us know how the costs compare with Eddie inc.

------------------
Broadie
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 7:37 am

well Broadie i have already said the Saints one is a fair bit cheaper than Collingwoods and they play at Colonial so you'd expect it to be way more. St.Kildas was more expensive than ours by only a few bucks last year but now is is way cheaper. U see they have a shit season therefore they don't charge their fans as much look at us we've been going shitter for longer and we get charged more! I will tell u when Melbourne send me out the renewal from how much theirs is K!

oh and if thats the case then i would pay any amount to keep Waverley standing but the is just the excuse they've been looking for!!! We played a minimun of 2 or 3 games there each year so why should it affect our memerbship prices that much!

???

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 8:43 am

I suppose you'd be on a restricted membership to start with, Andrea. So you might not get all of those benefits at first ... but once you get on full membership it's definitely the best value in town for the all-round sporting fan.

If I wasn't so old I'd get myself on to the waiting list ... but I'll probably be pushing up daisies before my time comes up.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 8:44 am

20 year waiting list %$^£$%^&%% ill be dead by then!

Check this out guys very interesting i thought --->Sign up a Saints new adult member and get 30 bucks back off your membership! now how mad is that ha!

AFL memebership well i'd advise u not to get this Mags if u want a finals ticket that is. I kinda got one cause my mates always give me their spare one to use. AFL membership used to rock but now all these medallion club cockheads are taking all the privellages. AFL members are getting crapper and crapper seats each time they go to Colonial and my mates forked out thousands for AFL cards for the whole family yet couldnt even get a grand final ticket this year when usually they go every year. I got one on a 60 buck club membership yet they couldnt even on an AFL one. Screw that! u r better off just buying a couple of club ones like me --->u may get given shit for this all season but come finals time u r the one with the last laugh when u got your ticket!

???

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 11:05 am

No need to agonise, Andrea. You take up the MCC membership and join the social club if you got enough money.

Just because you get in on a members ticket, does not mean you have to actually sit with them. The only time you have to sit with them, is when the rest of the ground is reserved seating (like grand final day).
Magpie mick 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 1:18 pm

There is only one problem with sitting in the MCC area Andrea, and that is, there is not much atmosphere there.Also spidergirl, if stop taking dumb pills maybe you'll have more money left for a membership ticket

Magpie mick 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 1:20 pm

There is only one problem with sitting in the MCC area Andrea, and that is, there is not much atmosphere there.Also spidergirl, if stop taking dumb pills maybe you'll have more money left for a membership ticket.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 6:13 am

SPIDEY: That'd be right - the supposedly worst managed club in the league comes up with the perfect way to not only keep current members but a great incentive to supporters to recruit new ones. What do we do? Just charge more.

As for the point on Waverly, it's got nothing to do with whether or not clubs played games there. The league divides up the money from games / sales of merchandise & other things each year and that gets passed on to the clubs. The $70m that was expected from the sale of Waverly was to be dsitributed to both AFL clubs and local leagues. Clubs now have to find that moeny elsewhere - mostly US, the fans.

------------------
Broadie
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 8:20 am

Hey spidy I agree with yamate about the AFL members. As myself and most of my family have got the AFL members ticket. Only a few years ago. AFL members used to rock up at the mcg on Grand final day the morning of the GF. Not lining up in dark, winter nights in the ally ways over nite but this year the ques started 2 days be4 the tickets went on sale. It is a Joke how they treat us.

Plus the AFL members cant cross over to the outer not even to the punt rd end, and thats for most games.

Go Pies!!!!!!!!!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 9:54 am

i had a bad experience this year sitting in the members section when we played the bombers,i was offended at the language and the drunken anti social scum ratbags gee i could not even enjoy my cuppa at half time!!!!

PieGirl39 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 2:19 pm

Big poppa pump,

When some people say they can't afford a membership they mean it!

I live on $7 a day, after rent. I'm a uni student and I live alone without any other financial support - so I take offence to you calling people like me whingers.

Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 2:43 pm

Hold your horses Piegirl39,I wasn't aiming my coments at people like you!
i was simply directing my anger to the people who continuosley blow their money at the pub or on the punt,they're the first people to complain.
It's just frustrating having seen the prices forked out for other sportrs all around the world,and here we are with the best sport in the world and all we seem to do is complain.
so if i offended you in some way,i'm man enough to apoligise.

[This message has been edited by Big poppa pump (edited 06 November 2000).]

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 3:51 pm

me taking dumb pills ha--->well sorry mate but i dont think so coz i am onto this fu@ken AFL like u wouldnt believe!!!

???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: