Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#27, #7 Ben Kennedy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sold on Kennedy and his performance today was terrible! I can see why Buckley has been reluctant to play him in the senior side if he was going to dish up a performance like that.

I'm willing to see Kennedy have some continuity to see whether he improves or not but I'm concerned that he's not going to make it when he really needs to step up and develop to the next level to be a part of the team's future plans.

To be selected at pick 19 in 2012, Hine and the recruiters must have seen something that was worthwhile pursuing.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:58 pm

Kid settled at VFL level when he got a solid block of games, confident he'll do the same at senior level.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Gotta say my frustration during game time had BK delisted/traded at seasons end if i had aby say.

I think finals are cooked. So he should have 6 games in seniors to show something more.

But his kicking skills especially at goal are not up to it. Maybe it's the pressure. But he should be given licence over the next 6 weeks to show his worth.

But I currently thunk he ain't got "it" unfortunately. Hopefully he proves my opinion wrong.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Jezza wrote:
I'm not sold on Kennedy and his performance today was terrible! I can see why Buckley has been reluctant to play him in the senior side if he was going to dish up a performance like that.

I'm willing to see Kennedy have some continuity to see whether he improves or not but I'm concerned that he's not going to make it when he really needs to step up and develop to the next level to be a part of the team's future plans.

To be selected at pick 19 in 2012, Hine and the recruiters must have seen something that was worthwhile pursuing.

The thing is, that's not how he presents in the VFL at all. He is very quick, has good hands, breaks the lines and generally kicks well. I was desperately disappointed by what he dished up today and couldn't reconcile it at all with what I'd seen in the VFL - there is a huge class differential between the VFL and the AFL but, even so, you can usually tell whether a player looks to have a deficit that will prevent them succeeding at the top level: his has always looked to be his physique, not his pace or talent for getting the ball or with ball in hand. I hope it was just nerves and transition difficulty to the big time because, otherwise ....
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 pm

I must admit I haven't seen enough of Kennedy at VFL level to provide an informed opinion on his playing ability at that level but all key indicators suggest that he's usually a standout in those games from a statistical perspective on frequent occasions and he's a good ball user of the ball and smart player overall.

I just hope he doesn't become one of those types of players that struggles to transition from VFL to AFL level for the next few years because such players have existed in the past from all football clubs. His performance today was terrible but I'm willing to see whether he can redeem himself in the next few weeks if provided the opportunity by Bucks and the coaching staff.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:48 pm

He's done a lot better before but today was probably his worst performance unfortunately and a little unsettling to those of us campaigning for his inclusion.

He needs to be showing improvement at this level in his third season and take his opportunities.

Has butchered his goal kicking chances two weeks running now.

To be honest not sure any player could survive the chop at the selection table with that kind of poor display.

If he does he'll need to play a blinder.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 am

Delist, Hine made a howler drafting him.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:26 am

Give him a few weeks to sort himself out and judge him when he had the chance to adapt to the AFL team and pace. Anything less than this is unreasonable and not entirely fair on a young and inexperienced player.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:17 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Bloody better play Batter.

He needs to step up to the plate - swing, swing batter, batter.

... Sorry couldn't resist Baseball talk.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:48 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Give him a few weeks to sort himself out and judge him when he had the chance to adapt to the AFL team and pace. Anything less than this is unreasonable and not entirely fair on a young and inexperienced player.

Agree, but even if he does end up back at the VFL this season he'll get more opportunities in 2016.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:04 am

i have always been a Kennedy advocate, however, but not so sure now, so small, not strong either
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:06 am

The poor guy played a howler. decision making was shocking. Hasn't yet accepted he can play AFL footy and tried too hard and panicked. You cant know if he's hopeless or nervous until you give him a few games. I personally would love bucks to say to him - "I don't care how much you stuff up, you are getting 4 weeks to prove yourself. Go after it!"

It should be said, Maynard is showing exactly the same problems at the moment at AFL. He makes very poor decisions. It does seem however that he has been given the "you have 4 weeks" speech from Bucks.

I've said it a few times. either they are good enough, in which case, you persevere through a learning period until they come good.

Not every new kid looks at home in the AFL immediately (like De Goey and Moore for example). Takes time folks. something Collingwood fans usually don't allow.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:15 am

E wrote:
The poor guy played a howler. decision making was shocking. Hasn't yet accepted he can play AFL footy and tried too hard and panicked. You cant know if he's hopeless or nervous until you give him a few games. I personally would love bucks to say to him - "I don't care how much you stuff up, you are getting 4 weeks to prove yourself. Go after it!"

It should be said, Maynard is showing exactly the same problems at the moment at AFL. He makes very poor decisions. It does seem however that he has been given the "you have 4 weeks" speech from Bucks.

I've said it a few times. either they are good enough, in which case, you persevere through a learning period until they come good.

Not every new kid looks at home in the AFL immediately (like De Goey and Moore for example). Takes time folks. something Collingwood fans usually don't allow.

He's had 3 years.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:18 am

I have free will you know.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:49 am

E wrote:

So much easier just to put on our faux Richmond supporter guise and eat our own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16   

Jump to: