Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Umpires had a massive say, you can say we got 20 and they got 23 or whatever I couldn't give a toss it was the inconsistent call. Ours were dropping the ball and theirs were play on.
Adams clearly pushed in the back as he kicked, no play on. We should have had 50 in a marking contest just like Petracca did. Bloody good footballer though, built like a tank.

Game should have been done and dusted at half half time.

Our brain fades, turning it over constantly, Smithy just couldn't do anything right today. Unfortunately Adams and Sidey you get that every week, although Sidey still did some great things.

Scharenberg normally a beautiful kick some passes didn't quite work, wondered today if he may have lost some power in his kicking from all his knee recos, or possibly still finding his feet. Reads it well, took a very nice mark.

Maynard is going be to a star, he does the one-percenters better than anyone in our team. Gets a rough time on here, the kid is 20.

Another one that we should have but didn't win.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
Umpires had a massive say, you can say we got 20 and they got 23 or whatever I couldn't give a toss it was the inconsistent call. Ours were dropping the ball and theirs were play on.
Adams clearly pushed in the back as he kicked, no play on. We should have had 50 in a marking contest just like Petracca did. Bloody good footballer though, built like a tank.

The Scumps had 2 Different Rules for the 2 Sides Today Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 pm

De Goey puts his arms up to mark in front of his face rather than going for a mark on his right breast and dropping it.
Another set shot just like the one he nailed a bit earlier , and we would be celebrating.
Instead it goes down the other end and they goal instead.
Throw the kitchen sink at a forward who can mark the ball to support Darcy.
Much better than last year's corresponding game.
Bitterly disappointing to let it slip though.
Never blame the umpires for a loss but today sure tested that theory. The inconsistency and wrong calls. A poster's call on the free against Dunn for chopping on q time as line ball was off the mark. Nothing there to see. Goal for nothing.That's the game right there. Line ball holding the balls would have surely gone their way ten plus times.
Pies deserved to win that, like a few others GWS especially.

Rest up this weekend and reload for the last ten games.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:29 pm

uncanny wrote:
De Goey puts his arms up to mark in front of his face rather than going for a mark on his right breast and dropping it.
Another set shot just like the one he nailed a bit earlier , and we would be celebrating.
Instead it goes down the other end and they goal instead.
Throw the kitchen sink at a forward who can mark the ball to support Darcy.
Much better than last year's corresponding game.
Bitterly disappointing to let it slip though.
Never blame the umpires for a loss but today sure tested that theory. The inconsistency and wrong calls. A poster's call on the free against Dunn for chopping on q time as line ball was off the mark. Nothing there to see. Goal for nothing.That's the game right there. Line ball holding the balls would have surely gone their way ten plus times.
Pies deserved to win that, like a few others GWS especially.

Rest up this weekend and reload for the last ten games.

Yes,i forgot about DeGoey's dropped mark in the last quarter.That could have cost us the game as well.So many what if moments in that game,so frustrating.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:52 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:
So far Adams has been called a "douchebag" and worse. If you keyboard cowboys thinking denigrating your own players is acceptable you obviously are plants from opposition clubs. If you hate your own players so much, get out there and get a kick youselves

Ditto, and maybe, think a little about Fasolo, knock of PDF the personal slanging crap.

I didn't see the game, I followed it, and from here ,and also neutrals on Facebook, we obviously didn't do the thing I always always taught the kids I coached, you gotta be far enough in front that the mother of all umpire decisions doesn't cost you the game. Even more shattering, this game could cost Buckley his career, and of all the losses this one should not be it. Today we should be 7th, and folks, that is above the reigning premier. Think about that for a miniute.

Also agree about the emotion of the game, it's a great cause, but did it just cost us 4 points?

Cheers , go Pies, I'll be back in the stands for the next one

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:34 am

droversdog65 wrote:
Nearly wrote:
To al you Blair haters, had we had him not Callum Brown we would have won the game. Nothing agains paying the young guy, just saying

Yeah keep saying it Nearly

I watched the entire VFL game Saturday with especial focus on the young man. He was on the bottom of almost every pack . . . . . .

and almost without fail coughed up possession with a shocking handball that missed the target - regularly by a wide margin.

Love the wee man's endeavour but his disposal is an embarrassment.

Yeah just like he was clutch in the GWS game in the last 30 seconds!!!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:35 am

I'm still reeling hours after the match concluded. The umpires were blatantly cheating, especially in the last five minutes of the match. I don't think I've ever flipped my shit at the umpires after a game the way I did yesterday. The only time I can recall the umpiring being as bad as that was against Adelaide in 2013, but thankfully we won by 27 points that night.

However, in saying that, we relinquished a 28 point lead unfortunately and that's the reality of it. I think Melbourne's ramped up the intensity against us, we could not sustain what we produced in the second quarter and fatigue may have set in from last week's trip especially with Melbourne having the luxury of the bye.

The second quarter was exhilarating football. I regard it as the best quarter of football we've played all year. We were efficient going forward, accurate in front of goals, running in big numbers and the relentless tackling pressure against Melbourne was brilliant.

Elliott was a massive loss for us. He would have made a difference had he played today, so Melbourne benefited from his absence, but I guess we benefited off the absences of Gawn and Hogan so it evened out somewhat.

Disappointing we're not in 6th because we had a massive opportunity and just fell short in the end. However, I don't think yesterday's loss means that we're out of finals contention just yet. It certainly making things a little more difficult at 5-7, but I think we're still in with a shot, so I don't think we should give up as supporters.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:57 am

Jezza, if you are the Collingwood supporter i suspect you to be, I would be totally shocked if you have never flipped out on umpires before.

I must say though, i watched the game at 4in the moring and it ended at about 6am. i cant remember having such a visceral reaction to the umpires as i did at the end of that game. I was so angryt. i think because it was so blatantly unfairly umpired! The worst was that once they started calling HTB on us, they were really obligated to call it on them too. The only thing is that they didn't. Prior opportunity and the ball is knocked out of your hand was ONLY called one way. Trapping the ball under the body was only called one way. there was one moment when i yelled at the screen FINALLY, when it appeared that they finally called the demons for HTB only to discover that they paid a cheap around the neck free (the high contact happened well after the player with prior opportunity dropped the ball AND the contact was not worthy of a free kick).

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:00 am

inxs88 wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Nearly wrote:
To al you Blair haters, had we had him not Callum Brown we would have won the game. Nothing agains paying the young guy, just saying

I watched the entire VFL game Saturday with especial focus on the young man. He was on the bottom of almost every pack . . . . . .

and almost without fail coughed up possession with a shocking handball that missed the target - regularly by a wide margin.

I am sorry, but if you are Blaming Blair for the GWS loss, you lose all credibility as a critic. that loss falls squarely on Darcy Moore for his bad decision making.

And i dont think Blair's issue is his disposal. He is a great kick for goal and pretty good at hitting targets. His problem is more around what happens at contests.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:00 am

inxs88 wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Nearly wrote:

I am sorry, but if you are Blaming Blair for the GWS loss, you lose all credibility as a critic. that loss falls squarely on Darcy Moore for his bad decision making.

And i dont think Blair's issue is his disposal. He is a great kick for goal and pretty good at hitting targets. His problem is more around what happens at contests.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 am

Wow, we lost the close one again, by Four points, but that ain't the four points that matter,. The four points we DIDN’T get mean that we failed the test, and yet another season has been pissed away by Eddie and his mate who don't give a RAT'S ARSE about the club.
That was the most important match of the last few seasons for us, well at least since we lost the close ones to Freo & Hawthorn after the bye in '15. It drops us back to our standard 11th spot. Certainly our correct spot under Suckley.

We have proven without doubt that we can't beat middle sides. We've now lost to Melb, StK, Ess, & Carl, 4 sides we are easily better than. Anyone who believes that Melbourne were the better side today simply has no idea about footy. After the bye we could be 14th, by far the best side which has been that far down since there was an 8. We should have easily won 5 of the games we lost. But we are mentally weak. That IS the biggest reason we are 11th. We can play as two completely different sides. One of them, the good one, can beat any team any day, even with the injuries we always have, and even with the 1 or 2 goal advantage handed to our opposition by the umpiring every single week. The other Collingwood could go down to the Noble Park under 16s with a full list and Gubby Alan umpiring.

Anyone who saw the first quarter and especially the second, would guess we were in the top 4 if they didn't know better. If they saw the third, they would wonder how we snuck into this league. To play the way we did in the third, after one of the best quarters we've played this year - up there with our first against Sydney, and topped by possibly the mark of the century thus far - is truly beyond belief, at least beyond the understanding of the many sh*theads who don't understand how huge the mental side of the game is.

Melbourne, who weren't nearly the better side, have leapt to SIXTH on the ladder. Essendon leapfrogged us to be 7th.
Look at the bottom 5 of the 8. Richmond, Port, Melbourne, Essendon, and the Dogs. All teams who've passed us by in the last couple of years. Sides we were belting a short while back. Above us are West Coast & Freo, sides we beat last time we met.

Thanks to McLiar we will miss the biggest games of the year. We might sneak into 7th or 8th. A win today would've put us 6th, A game out of the 4, 3 games from top spot, after being 17th a few weeks back. If ever there was a year a team with a big disadvantage (like the one who sits in our coaches box) could win the chockies this was it.
Only 5 games sit between 1st & 17th. but we proved today that we are brittle, and if we are having a bad quarter it ain't gonna change halfway through. Get 3 goals in a row against us and we'll panic, even if we're 40 up.

We could finish 16th this year, and we could finish 7th.
But today cost us anything better and should end Buckley's career. Easily the stupidest, most incompetent, most humiliating, and most self-inflicted period of our 125 years. The biggest problem we have now is that we could win as many, or maybe 1 game more than last year & finish 8th, giving Ed an excuse to keep Buckley on.

Who is to blame?
Every Magpie 'fan' who couldn’t see that 2011-12 was the stupidest thing ever done in the history of the game, and therefore didn't protest it. As well as every idiot who couldn’t see after 2013 that we had an absolute dud at the helm. If we never got Suckley we'd be doing better, if we dumped him after 2013 we'd be better off. If we did it after the first Carlton game last year we'd be further ahead now. If it happened after Anzac we'd be in the 8.

If we were sensible we'd win no more games and get a top two draft pick.

But no, we'll finish between 7th & 12th, get no benefit from the season, and no top player. Hawthorn won three flags of the last 4, and this year they'll get a gun payer in the draft.
We just watch like slack-jawed morons.

I will always Love Collingwood Footy Club, but Collingwood supporters are REALLY starting to pi$s me off!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:33 am

^^

I could have sworn you said you'd never post here again recently....

Be nice if you were true to your word.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:51 am

Was a shame we let them back in the game. Thought we had them on the ropes. Very disappointed the umpiring has an effect on the result but still, we should have won that game.

That Jeremy Howe mark was right front of me. Holy shit that was the highest I ever seen a bloke get live at the ground. Absolute freak he is
DT 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:05 am

Elliott we covered but Goldsack was the one who cost us. He would have blanketed Watts who really lifted and out ran Scharenberg in the second half. It was a great lesson for Scharenberg about what level of fitness is needed to compete at the top level.

Overall it is clear that the Pies finally have a clear idea about how to play good footy. It was some kicking errors from Adams and Sidebottom and poor play from Smith that cost the Pies yesterday but that is all fixable.

I think that there is a lot more confidence in the side now and with the return of Reid and Varcoe that we will be a good chance to redress the flogging we received at the hands of Port last year. If we can beat them then we remain a reasonable chance to win 12 despite a tough run in.

duke750 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:16 am

Today we needed one player who could take a mark in the forward line. Somebody who could take a contested mark would have been a bonus.

Missed shots at goal cost us at crucial times (Broomhead in 2nd qtr, Treloar at end of 3rd, Greenwood in last) and silly turnovers cost us plenty. But the game was there to be won if someone stood up to mark in the forward 50.

The umpires were atrocious, inconsistent in holding the ball decisions.

Not sure on when Elliot, Reid and Varcoe return, but I believe we need Howe down forward. I realise he has been great down back this year but we really need to kick more goals to win matches.

Good to see Langdon back.

To my mind, Smith and Crocker are not up to AFL standard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19   

Jump to: