Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More Dale Thomas News....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 pm
Post subject: Re: okReply with quote

themonk wrote:
MM had been given 10 years to win a flag (other clubs would never be as generous), at the end of 2009 we thanked him for his effort and gave him a 2 year extension as head coach plus an additional 3 years at the club allowing Bucks time to transition in whilst rewarding MM's contribution.

We then won a flag, great effort by the club, including MM.

In 2011 we seemed destined to go back to back, MM realising that the club would stay true to the agreement started to make noise, i.e. footy show appearance. The team starts to lose its way and in the end are fortunate to make the grand final.

MM does not bleed black & white, he bleeds for MM. As for Thomas, dido.
Hence, they are both at a club that rewards such behaviour.

It's unbelievable hearing a so called fan condone MM's actions whilst turning their back on a board that has hardly put a foot wrong and a former captain that single handily almost beat Brisbane who many consider to be one of the best ever sides.

Shameful attitude Rolling Eyes

Mick took over a wooden spoon side and had them into back to back GFs within 3 years, rebuilt the list and had them back in a prelim within 3 years, then won a flag 3 years later and another GF appearance the next, he missed finals twice.

Try again.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Malthouse missed the finals 4 times during his tenure at our club 2000,01,04,05.
His performance on the footy show that fateful night was nothing short of an act of treachery. He derailed our season that night when he put himself ahead of the club,which ultimately cost us the 2011 flag! No one should EVER forget that!!!!
His constant sniping of Ed,Bucks and our club during 2012 was from someone who was bitter twisted and immature.
As far as I'm concerned he and his defacto son can both rot at that Rat infested club!
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Stuff all this Malthouse and Thomas nonsense.

I've previously vented on both of them but to me now they both feel like a past tense.

Whether or not you are a fan of either is irrelevant now as they are both no longer involved in the club and neither will be again in any coaching/on field capacity. We've a pretty good list, on paper, assembled and some bloody exciting talent to focus on, so banging on about these two now seems like a complete waste of time.

I wish Carlton total failure and humiliation as always but the other two I no longer give a stuff about. It's like stalking your ex on facebook following what Malthouse and Thomas are doing or saying imo as it no longer matters to us one whit.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:49 am

I guess Hiss will weep tears of blood when dollar daisy does his dodgy ankle playing the Pies, and we kick the scum nuts in by ten goals plus. when you go to the scum every drop of Magpie black n white blood is drained outa you, for good, for ever and a day. Period. !! and that is my last word on dollar daisy and the old man, that's it, finito.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:23 am

I have had the feeling Dollar Daisy's intention was to leave the club at the end of his contract as early as 2013 started as he would not sign. Bucks would have summised this early and maybe one of the reasons he was playing him of the halfback flack the few times Thomas played. Also "The ankle" may not be as bad as we think it is. We will see in the next few years. Thomas closed shop with us Collingwood, it's about time we Collingwood closed shop with the Scum player!
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:28 am

If you were inclined towards debate, WPW (I know you are not), I would debate with you whether or not it is 'news'.

But at least it is new.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:07 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
I guess Hiss will weep tears of blood when dollar daisy does his dodgy ankle playing the Pies, and we kick the scum nuts in by ten goals plus. when you go to the scum every drop of Magpie black n white blood is drained outa you, for good, for ever and a day. Period. !! and that is my last word on dollar daisy and the old man, that's it, finito.

I don't see you defending The New Magpies in the 80's over the fantastic social club facilities we enjoyed! Oh no! It's only Toorak Ed you like. What about Phil Carmen ? I don't see you thanking him for his great service. He was the greatest player we ever had. What about that!

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Has anyone left collingwood on good terms
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 pm

STOKA35 wrote:

Plenty mate, they were all made to leave though Smile.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:32 am

STOKA35 wrote:

When it suits collingwood for a player to leave, the club moulds the fans into playing nice - ala Dawes.

When it doesnt, the fans never hear what really happened (and are occassionally given only a small set of facts upon which to form a view). Manipulation of the masses. Fairly common practice. Collingwood practice a very strong form of it.

In my opinion, fans are puppets for the personal agenda of people in power.

It is also my strong opinion that Collingwood should not have allowed Nathan Buckley's view of Daisy pervade the fans views. I think in the long term that will only hurt the pies. When a coaqch and a player cant get along, it is wrong (in my opinion) to put ALL of the blame on the player. In part, the coach has to wear some of the blame.

Now that is not to say that Nathan isnt allowed to mould a team 100% the way he wants it. I just think its a little much to blame the player entirely for not fitting that mould. I also think if Collingwood undervalues a player as much as it appears Collingwood have done with Daisy, it is unfair to judge a player too critically for that and as much as we all hate Carlton, its really wrong to expect for a collingwood player to have to limit the clubs that he can play for so as not to hurt our feelings.

Enjoy booing him. It will be great sport. I for one wont have any malice in the booing and i actually do wish him well. A great Collingwood legend and champion he will always be (to me).

E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:50 am

Mossi wrote:
I have had the feeling Dollar Daisy's intention was to leave the club at the end of his contract as early as 2013 started as he would not sign. Bucks would have summised this early and maybe one of the reasons he was playing him of the halfback flack the few times Thomas played. Also "The ankle" may not be as bad as we think it is. We will see in the next few years. Thomas closed shop with us Collingwood, it's about time we Collingwood closed shop with the Scum player!

In my opinion, you are making excuses for Nathan Buckley. If someone wants to leave, you have two choices.

1 - Do nothing (or worse, encourage them to leave).
2 - set about changing that players view of the situation. Address the persons concerns and engage.

Collingwood is not such a little child that it cant change minds. It was able to do that with Travis cloke - becasue at the end of the day Travis was more valuable to Collingwood than Daisy.

Daisy is not the first player who couldnt get along with Bucks. Witness the 1990 premiership team's reaction to him (Nathan even admitted this in his book). He is uncompromising and it has to be done his way.

All of this is just to say that if someone shows that he might want to leave a club at the start of a season, its never a done deal unless the club isnt willing to fight for that person and if you are right about him being played on the half back flank, that is harly going to have resulted in any outcome other than player Thomas continuing to want to leave the club. So ask yourself, why would Collingwood do that?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:22 am

Thomas is not 100%, anyone watching the training video could see that. Lets wait for a real 100 mins. I hate seeing him go to the Blues but he is not worth more $ than Marc Murphy. The Pies should be onto Murphy and stick it right up them Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:20 am

FLAGPIES wrote:
Malthouse missed the finals 4 times during his tenure at our club 2000,01,04,05.
His performance on the footy show that fateful night was nothing short of an act of treachery. He derailed our season that night when he put himself ahead of the club,which ultimately cost us the 2011 flag! No one should EVER forget that!!!!
His constant sniping of Ed,Bucks and our club during 2012 was from someone who was bitter twisted and immature.
As far as I'm concerned he and his defacto son can both rot at that Rat infested club!

That says it all for me

Gees miss looking for a week and all of a sudden the fan angst is Buckleys fault!

Give us a little more credit.

Blind Freddy could hear if not see the weed in his new jumper on adds

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:22 am

Culprit wrote:
Thomas is not 100%, anyone watching the training video could see that. Lets wait for a real 100 mins. I hate seeing him go to the Blues but he is not worth more $ than Marc Murphy. The Pies should be onto Murphy and stick it right up them Smile

Watching the reaction of the club and scum fans if his ankle does come back to haunt him could be a very enjoyable event!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:58 am

think positive wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Watching the reaction of the club and scum fans if his ankle does come back to haunt him could be a very enjoyable event!

Lets hope for the very worst and expect even "worser".. Twisted Evil Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20   

Jump to: