Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lessons from the GF

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I thought the game was umpired well, they let it go and put the whistles away for most of the game. There were a few times you could have called for a free, but I'm glad they didn't.

A good game for mine is when you don't notice the umpires. This was one.

The one having a big sook is the clown who put $375,000 on the Swans to win.

Suffer dickhead.

Beg to strongly disagree, I watched it with a dons and Lions fans, and we were dismayed by the blatant bias, it was shocking, we sure as hell noticed it bigtime. If the umps reamed us like that, don't think youd be so happy about it, your telling me 17-5 frees is fair ?? Welfare got the earth. Get real. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I thought the game was umpired well, they let it go and put the whistles away for most of the game. There were a few times you could have called for a free, but I'm glad they didn't.

Yep, agree with this too. There was one instance I recall where our Billy's boy seemed to get his head nearly ripped off in front of goal, but play went on. Didn't get my blood up about the umpires all game, so they must have done a good job.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:07 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

That is a little harsh.
But anyway they all spoke glowingly about Bob.
It got me thinking that you you need someone great in the playing group or in the support group.
We had Maxy and Millane in our GF wins.
I know the Aussie cricket side has some weird dude as their mascot
( maybe Donny may enlighten us on this )
Anyway you need some spiritual leader or someone who has great respect.

Couldn't agree more! That's exactly what I have been thinking too.
Every team needs a spiritual leader to achieve its best and sadly, we don't have one at the moment. (Nothing against Pendles - he's a fabulous footballer and a good guy, but he lacks that "follow me over the cliff" type leadership). Perhaps one will emerge in the near future.

Maxy & Millane were on the field playing in our GFs though, they were directing traffic.
Having someone sitting on the sidelines ain't the same...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:07 pm

I
PyreneesPie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yep, agree with this too. There was one instance I recall where our Billy's boy seemed to get his head nearly ripped off in front of goal, but play went on. Didn't get my blood up about the umpires all game, so they must have done a good job.

Laughing If the free kick count against US was at one stage, 17-5, reckon you might have your blood up about them then, no doubt.

ANNODAM Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:10 pm

I was watching it with other supporters as well.
They all said the same thing, the umpiring was atrocious & very biased towards the WB!

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:10 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I
PyreneesPie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Laughing If the free kick count against US was at one stage, 17-5, reckon you might have your blood up about them then, no doubt.

We weren't playing so you have nothing to worry about. Getting angry over hypothetical situations.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
^ lol Piesnchess!! The umps definitely had their doggie collars on today, and I loved every minute of it, loved every dodgy decision they payed to the dogs just to see those Cola sipping toffees up north suffer in their jocks and the crystal pure water tears on Mount Franklin's face.

I learnt that umpires can decide games if they want to and there are no rules in Grand Finals. Holding the ball and leg chopping did not exist today.

Really ? lets see you laugh your head off in next years Finals, assuming we make it, and play the Welfare, and we get reamed up the ass the way the swans did today by the umps. Don't think you will be too full of mirth then, will you, and the welfare topped all teams for most frees for this season, think on that too. Confused

lol...we won't be there for a long time, so I don;t expect to be tested for many, many years. Why anyone would want the AFL Swans to win a flag unless they are playing Hawthorn is beyond me. Umpiring bias or not it was great to see the Dogs win one finally after 62 years, if they did it with some umpiring help then so be it, good luck to them.

MONCO: Your life.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
^ lol Piesnchess!! The umps definitely had their doggie collars on today, and I loved every minute of it, loved every dodgy decision they payed to the dogs just to see those Cola sipping toffees up north suffer in their jocks and the crystal pure water tears on Mount Franklin's face.

I learnt that umpires can decide games if they want to and there are no rules in Grand Finals. Holding the ball and leg chopping did not exist today.

Really ? lets see you laugh your head off in next years Finals, assuming we make it, and play the Welfare, and we get reamed up the ass the way the swans did today by the umps. Don't think you will be too full of mirth then, will you, and the welfare topped all teams for most frees for this season, think on that too. Confused

lol...we won't be there for a long time, so I don;t expect to be tested for many, many years. Why anyone would want the AFL Swans to win a flag unless they are playing Hawthorn is beyond me. Umpiring bias or not it was great to see the Dogs win one finally after 62 years, if they did it with some umpiring help then so be it, good luck to them.

+1.
ANNODAM Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:14 pm

^ On that basis alone then, let's hand a flag out to the Tigers then shall we?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:15 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

That is a little harsh.
But anyway they all spoke glowingly about Bob.
It got me thinking that you you need someone great in the playing group or in the support group.
We had Maxy and Millane in our GF wins.
I know the Aussie cricket side has some weird dude as their mascot
( maybe Donny may enlighten us on this )
Anyway you need some spiritual leader or someone who has great respect.

Couldn't agree more! That's exactly what I have been thinking too.
Every team needs a spiritual leader to achieve its best and sadly, we don't have one at the moment. (Nothing against Pendles - he's a fabulous footballer and a good guy, but he lacks that "follow me over the cliff" type leadership). Perhaps one will emerge in the near future.

Maxy & Millane were on the field playing in our GFs though, they were directing traffic.
Having someone sitting on the sidelines ain't the same...

That is true.
Yes I reckon bob will be disappointed he wasn't out there.
But I still think you need someone or a few who are the heart of the club.
I see that white haired dude at the swans.
Always at their circle when singing their song.
Anyway you need someone.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:17 pm

I learnt that Nicks BB is over moderated and under moderated at the same time.

But I must be wrong, because Im not right. Right?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Rubbish, two years ago, the Welfare were a basket case both on and off the field, captain walked out, coach sacked, Board in dire straits. Then they got that whiner Gordon, and a Beverdige, and settled down. Things can turn around very fast in the League, and I strongly disagree about many, many years, that's so just so pessimistic. Hell, we nearly beat the dogs twice ourselves this season, robbed the second time we played them and we should have beaten the dawks last game, we aren't that far off the pace. I don't give a damn about the swans, but as Welfare have now won their fairytale flag, good on em, but now we look after number one. Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

Cam wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Sure bloody helps when you have on your side the umpires, one of the most biased umpiring efforts I have ever, ever seen in a GF, the swans could not buy a free kick, think it was 17-5 at one stage, just a joke, the dogs got two goals, fifty metres from very doubtful frees, Even the League official site is questioning the biased umpiring, check it out, no joke. Having said that, the welfare had a day out, the swans had a number of players well down, like buddy and heeney, tippet etc.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-01/ten-things-we-learned-grand-final

5. Did the men in green feel the pinch of a tense Grand Final?
As hard as it is for the players, the job of the umpires must be even more difficult on Grand Final day, and there were some puzzling decisions at the MCG. The Bulldogs led the free kick count 12-4 at half time, with more than a couple of head scratchers going their way. The third term ramped up the pressure on the players and the Dogs were given another two or three questionable decisions, with a 50-metre penalty against Jeremy Laidler, and a high shot on Clay Smith among them. The Swans didn't land a free kick at all in the third quarter, and co-captain Jarrad McVeigh certainly made his feelings known to the whistleblowers. The below the knees rule also seemed to be abandoned with Tom Papley and Dan Hannebery both brought down by Dale Morris and Easton Wood with no whistle.

That leg chop thing is damN dangerous. If Hannebery needs an op be interesting if anything is said. Bulldogs have learnt well from the cats and the Hawks, how to bluff the umps into dodgey decisions. But that bottom line 17-4 at one stage seriously points to bullshit city. All those who reckon it's fair, let's see how fair you think it is when they play is. We lost to them and the Hawks by next to nothing. Umpires alwausfavour the teams in the 8 for 50 50 decisions. But in finals it's just not on. Check out the doggie stats for the entire finals series, man I'd love those stats. Yes the doggies deserved their win, the swans faded badly, but they certainly were not thrashed as someone said. And we are left to wonder what difference a better umpire would have made. By the way, if someone runs into you with their knees bent and their neck hits your arm as happened twice, that's not high, that's not a free kick, and yet today for the doggies, it was. Outselwooding Selwood.

I personally thought beveridge handing over the medal was very touching. I've always thought every player on the list that played for the year should get something. Not sure the medal though. Not sure I'd want it if I didn't play though. If he deserved it so did Presti, he made the ultimate sacrifice himself when he realised he wasn't fit to play. But would you want it?

thompsoc 

Presti35 wrote:
I learnt that Nicks BB is over moderated and under moderated at the same time.

But I must be wrong, because Im not right. Right?

I like your avatar.
That hasn't been moderated.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Rubbish, two years ago, the Welfare were a basket case both on and off the field, captain walked out, coach sacked, Board in dire straits. Then they got that whiner Gordon, and a Beverdige, and settled down. Things can turn around very fast in the League, and I strongly disagree about many, many years, that's so just so pessimistic. Hell, we nearly beat the dogs twice ourselves this season, robbed the second time we played them and we should have beaten the dawks last game, we aren't that far off the pace. I don't give a damn about the swans, but as Welfare have now won their fairytale flag, good on em, but now we look after number one. Confused
this
No more equalisation fund! Let's see them turn the marketing for this win into something. Believe me, the whole $£$%^%%$ western suburbs is on the bandwagon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: