Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jarryd Blair: statistically speaking!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
One stat Blairy still leads in is getting caught after having two chance to dispose of the ball. Why doesn't the coach remove this weakness from his game? He did it again with 20 seconds to play.

Yeah that ended well for us, didn't it...

Why doesn't the coach remove this player from our game, more to the point?

Exactly, for some reason both Buckley and some posters seem to tolerate game losing flaws in players that would never be tolerated outside of the Collingwood system. Watched the game with Cow's supporting mate, who stated David Mackay is their Jarryd Blair, yet he kicked about the same number of goals and doesn't get routinely pinged for holding the ball . When the chips were down Blair reverted to doing the same dumb errors he makes every time he plays and it was instrumental in why Adelaide stole a draw. We make far too many excuses for mediocrity, Blair premiership player, Langdon will recapture early career form, Maynard has go. I'm over hearing excuses for crap which would never be tolerated elsewhere and not having the coach address these fundamental flaws which lose games and will continue to at the slightest sign of pressure

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:12 am

piedys wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
One stat Blairy still leads in is getting caught after having two chance to dispose of the ball. Why doesn't the coach remove this weakness from his game? He did it again with 20 seconds to play.

Exactly, for some reason both Buckley and some posters seem to tolerate game losing flaws in players that would never be tolerated outside of the Collingwood system. Watched the game with Cow's supporting mate, who stated David Mackay is their Jarryd Blair, yet he kicked about the same number of goals and doesn't get routinely pinged for holding the ball . When the chips were down Blair reverted to doing the same dumb errors he makes every time he plays and it was instrumental in why Adelaide stole a draw. We make far too many excuses for mediocrity, Blair premiership player, Langdon will recapture early career form, Maynard has go. I'm over hearing excuses for crap which would never be tolerated elsewhere and not having the coach address these fundamental flaws which lose games and will continue to at the slightest sign of pressure

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:54 am

**** this is a broken record! He didn't even play in all our losses!

But the big question remains - who's fault will it be next year, when in all probability he will be gone? Which player out of the 22 that run out each week, will you hold solely responsible for the teams slide down the ladder!

I'm sure he has some kind of magic jumper that shows up as a red signal or something for all the haters.

As for those who suggested daicos would have been better out there, I don't think so! It was a fast game he would have been toast by half time! I'm sure you will come up with someone else, but don't waste your breath! Who's fault was it? I'll tell you. No ones. We drew with the top team for (mates with) sake. Yes it was horrible when they piled those goals on. When we got 2-3 back in the last that took guts and determination form the entire team.

Why do you always have to have one person to blame? Is it a man thing? Every time something breaks here my husband, the sole male says something like 'it's who used it last!' Sometimes it's a combination, and the last person with it cops the blame. He was getting thumped and outnumbered on that last touch, who got in there to help him out? I'm not blaming them either. They were knackered, they gave it all, and it was cruel, oh so cruel, to lose it after the siren. Don't blame Blair. His goals went through the big sticks, and playing as a forward yesterday, that was his job. Who hit the post? Who missed what should have been a sitter? Why did two forwards collide instead of one of them taking a mark for a sitter?

We drew with the top team. We lost the game in the third quarter. Not the last 20 sec.

Will anyone miss him? Doesn't matter. He will always be a bona fida premiership hero, remembered as the dwarf who played 151 games at least amongst giants. What a $£$%^%%$ amazing feat. Takes the game on, in a pack, when others stand aside, of course that will come with errors. But the little man has big balls. One Aussie trait I cannot stand is tAll poppy syndrome. The question remains, who's your next victim?

And by the way, Langdon was bloody good yesterday. The whole defence was for large portions of the game.

It's a team sport. It's a team effort. The team wins or loses. One player cannot do either on it's own. Cheers. Jarryd Blair, well done. That second goal was perfect. Check out my game day post just after it.

'Blair hater, kiss my $£$%^%%$ arse!'

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 am

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
piedys wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:

How does Langdon get into this discussion? - he was one of our best yesterday - if it wasn't for his fabulous last quarter, we would have lost by at least 3 goals.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:11 pm

I could argue that the final kick could have been better placed, but your perspective when it comes to Langdon is "somewhat" skewed.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:24 pm

I thought Blair actually did more for us than Reid, who only had 6 disposals for the entire game.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:58 am

Yeah, Reid seemed more interested in putting one hand up to touch the pill rather than trying to mark with both hands
Craigmac 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:14 am

You can't fault the effort of Blair but the reality is he does not have a role in the team.

-He is not clever or quick enough to be a small forward.

-He rarely gets more than 12 possessions so he is not a midfielder.

-He does have plenty of heart and his tackle numbers are good but is that more a function of his inability to win his own ball??

As we prepare to go to the trade table and draft to try and right the ship would it not have made more sense to do one of the following:

-Try Aish in the middle more like has happened for De Goey lately....and see how that has been a win.

-Play a youngster, one of Kirby, Brown or Daicos (before he was injured) who are genuine clever small forwards with pace.

-Try Broomhead again who is more skilled and faster than Blair.

Aish and Broomhead are potential trade options for us to improve our list.....they offer less value to us from a bargaining point playing VFL.

Last edited by Craigmac on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:14 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I thought Blair actually did more for us than Reid, who only had 6 disposals for the entire game.

Rewatch our mini-comeback in the final quarter.
The first goal came from Reid.
The next two goals came about from tackles laid by Reid.
Disposal count never tells the full story.

I also think Blair had a fair game.
2 goals from a small forward is a good return.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:06 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Rewatch our mini-comeback in the final quarter.
The first goal came from Reid.
The next two goals came about from tackles laid by Reid.
Disposal count never tells the full story.

I also think Blair had a fair game.
2 goals from a small forward is a good return.

If Blair kicked 2 goals every game nobody would be complaining.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:30 pm

think positive wrote:
**** this is a broken record! He didn't even play in all our losses!

But the big question remains - who's fault will it be next year, when in all probability he will be gone? Which player out of the 22 that run out each week, will you hold solely responsible for the teams slide down the ladder!

I'm sure he has some kind of magic jumper that shows up as a red signal or something for all the haters.

As for those who suggested daicos would have been better out there, I don't think so! It was a fast game he would have been toast by half time! I'm sure you will come up with someone else, but don't waste your breath! Who's fault was it? I'll tell you. No ones. We drew with the top team for (mates with) sake. Yes it was horrible when they piled those goals on. When we got 2-3 back in the last that took guts and determination form the entire team.

Why do you always have to have one person to blame? Is it a man thing? Every time something breaks here my husband, the sole male says something like 'it's who used it last!' Sometimes it's a combination, and the last person with it cops the blame. He was getting thumped and outnumbered on that last touch, who got in there to help him out? I'm not blaming them either. They were knackered, they gave it all, and it was cruel, oh so cruel, to lose it after the siren. Don't blame Blair. His goals went through the big sticks, and playing as a forward yesterday, that was his job. Who hit the post? Who missed what should have been a sitter? Why did two forwards collide instead of one of them taking a mark for a sitter?

We drew with the top team. We lost the game in the third quarter. Not the last 20 sec.

Will anyone miss him? Doesn't matter. He will always be a bona fida premiership hero, remembered as the dwarf who played 151 games at least amongst giants. What a $£$%^%%$ amazing feat. Takes the game on, in a pack, when others stand aside, of course that will come with errors. But the little man has big balls. One Aussie trait I cannot stand is tAll poppy syndrome. The question remains, who's your next victim?

And by the way, Langdon was bloody good yesterday. The whole defence was for large portions of the game.

It's a team sport. It's a team effort. The team wins or loses. One player cannot do either on it's own. Cheers. Jarryd Blair, well done. That second goal was perfect. Check out my game day post just after it.

'Blair hater, kiss my $£$%^%%$ arse!'

Well said T P , and may I add, if Wills had played v the Crows, and NOT blair, wills may not have booted the two Blair 2 goals, and thus we would have lost the game. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Stats can Lie a lot
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:07 am

Blair's stats v North Melbourne.

9 Kicks, 7 handballs, 16 disposals.
4 marks
5 tackles
3 goals, 1 behind.

Played well tonight.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:43 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Stats can Lie a lot

So can people on the internet.

I read about it in the newspaper.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:42 am

He needs to play well against decent opposition consistently. As good game v north while being a step in the right direction, is not as huge achievement. Next three weeks play him and his performance will judge if he gets a new contract.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: