Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dreamons or Wet Toast?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which team would you prefer to play in the GF?
Melbourne
25%
 25%  [ 17 ]
West Coast
50%
 50%  [ 34 ]
I don't care, we'll smack either one
23%
 23%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 67

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Melbourne, we need to pay them back for the outrages committed against us in the fifties.

On the other hand, West Coast - the rest of Melbourne won't be able to decide who they want to see lose
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:51 pm

West Coast, the G is not their home ground, and the Magpie army will scare the shit outa them. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:56 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
It’s going to be a toasty 25 degrees in Perth tomorrow and they are playing at 1.30 Perth time. Let’s just hope they smash each other.

If we are looking for omens well the last 2 years the team knocking out GWS has won the flag.

and Last 2 Teams won the Flag from 13th the Year Before

Also if we play West Coast, I believe under the current final 8 system (since 2000) All teams have come back to win the flag when losing to that opponent in the QF.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:58 pm

The more I think about it, the better I feel about playing Melbourne. Eagles forward line worries me, and they have the psychological advantage from the last two games. Dees are no pushover, but we match up much better on them.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:58 am

I was thinking wet toast initially as the dees' form looked a little concerning. After last night I don't really care as I know that if we play 3 qtrs of footy, we'll beat anyone. Right now both teams will be thinking, why bother? Laughing
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:04 am

Either will be difficult to beat.
WCE have Kennedy and Darling and some nippy small forwards, and they've beaten us twice this year. On the other hand they'll be playing away from home and Lycett is no match for Grundy.

Up until last night the win against Melbourne was our best win of the year, but that wouldn't count for much now. They have Gawn so Grundy won't give us the massive advantage he had against Nankervis. Like us they'll be playing on their home ground. Melbourne is riding the crest of a wave and might be marginally harder to beat than WCE.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 am

Melbourne because if we play and beat West Coast everyone will spend the next 300 years saying it wasn't a real premiership because they didn't have Nic Nat fit.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Has to be the Eagles for a whole bunch of irrational reasons and just a few logical ones.

Logically we have beaten Melbourne twice this season and lost to West Coast both times so the choice should be obvious but I sense Melbourne have finally unearthed a steely resolve to match their goal scoring ability and this makes them very dangerous.

West Coast yes have strength in the key forward position that could expose our weakest point, have a couple of slippery indigenous forwards that historically have caused us headaches while McGovern is the best intercept defender in the league. However if it wasn't for a couple of fumbles and stumbles in big moments we could and should have beaten them in week 1.

Melbourne to me have a lot of similarities to us in both how the play and within their list makeup and that shouldn't surprise given their head of recruitment was an understudy to Hine.

Critically they have strengths in a lot of the same areas and this worries me more than Kennedy and Darling.

Like us they are a contested ball team, have greater midfield depth than West Coast coupled with some hardened bodies, they have a ruckman capable of nullifying one of our greatest advantages, in Oliver, Petracca and Brayshaw they have talented youth like our own while McDonald has developed into one of the competitions best key forwards.

At the end of the day either team will be hard to beat but surely being able to take a home ground advantage into the game is the deciding factor and why I'll be hoping for injuries today.......err I mean West Coast.

Besides, given all the angst generated over the last 7 years because of the coaching handover it's fate that Buckley gets the chance to become a premiership coach against a team Malthouse did the same with.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:17 pm

If we play Melbourne we'll likely be outnumbered in the crowd given the amount of cucumber eating toffs in the MCC.

Another reason to barrack for the Eagles.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
West Coast, the G is not their home ground, and the Magpie army will scare the shit outa them. !!

This!!!

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:01 pm

West Coast. Don't want MEL anywhere NEAR the G come Saturday!

Plus it's a better chance for more COLL supporters to get access to tickets.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Also, can we really put up with a whole damn week of Deeeeees hype and spin, the media will go into Deeeeees wanking spree, old bastards like Barassi wheeled out, all this 1964 drought shit, do it for the Premiership drought, ever other fan will back the Deees, cos they despise the Magpies. !!!! It wll be one constant Melbourne love fest, we wont get a look in, the media hate us, its a monty. !! Nah, give me the Eagles, anyday thanks !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Also, can we really put up with a whole damn week of Deeeeees hype and spin, the media will go into Deeeeees wanking spree, old bastards like Barassi wheeled out, all this 1964 drought shit, do it for the Premiership drought, ever other fan will back the Deees, cos they despise the Magpies. !!!! It wll be one constant Melbourne love fest, we wont get a look in, the media hate us, its a monty. !! Nah, give me the Eagles, anyday thanks !!

Don't forget the do it for Neale Daniher comments & complete the trifecta: First the Dogs, then the Tigers & now it's the Dees turn!

Fk off already!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:41 pm

WCE will not beat Collingwood twice at the MCG in the same year.

We should have won in Perth. We lost that game in the final 5 minutes. Cox had a shocker.

At the MCG, on GF day, Collingwood will be too much for the WCE.

Melbourne will be harder to beat. Momentum and self belief can take you places.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:11 pm

David wrote:
The more I think about it, the better I feel about playing Melbourne. Eagles forward line worries me, and they have the psychological advantage from the last two games. Dees are no pushover, but we match up much better on them.

Have another think. Laughing

Go Eagles!

Runs and hides if this post goes pear shaped next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: