Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies v Bummers...comment????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of a lot worse things that happened on that ground yesterday than Bucks being out of position... I know I'd prefer him there, getting those possessions than not there.

Tess you said you are still yet to see him do what James Hird did. What about that?

Short memory maybe?

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:39 am

C'mon girls, do we need a peer mediator. Let it go. It would be nice if Bucks kicked more goals, but his goals are a bonus as he's a midfielder and not a forward. Hird is a sneak who needs someone hanging onto his jumper like they hang onto Bucks. Why that didn't happen is beyond me.

What the boys need to understand is that we are playing for a spot in the 8 at the moment, and not a place in the grand final. Being a top 8 side requires consistancy and beating other sides near you and under you in terms of ability. Top 4 and Prelims and Grand Finals will look after themselves if you just play week to week.

Maybe the boys need to go fishing together or something.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:46 am

Why wernt you praising Hird over the last two years ?? Maybe because he hasnt done anything.

It makes me sick when people denegrate the performances of Buckley when he busts his guts every week putting in for the club.

jlc

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:47 am

If you don't think that Bucks is on a par with Hird then that is your opinion - but I fail to see how you can come to this conclusion? Bucks is consistent - week in, week out. Always there. But I don't think I, or anyone else need to account for Bucks. He does it on his own.

Snide digs - I don't think so. I just wanted to know why you think Bucks hasn't played to a 'Hird standard'. And it still couldn't be answered.

And what worries me the most - is if these suggestions are coming out about Bucks - then what about the rest of the side? I don't find a comparison to Hird insulting, but saying that you haven't seen Bucks play to his standard. If find that insulting to every game Bucks has ever played.

You can't say that the goal he kicked was not inspirational? About the only highlight I could see from yesterday.

GO PIES!

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
The Zapper 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:18 am

Spot on Jen. it is an insult to the way bucks had played for this club.

Problem was Hird was given too much room inside 50. Bucks had to make the play from the middle....

What was the most disappointing aspect of the day was to get an unanswered string of goals kicked against us TWICE in the game. let's hope its an aberattion...
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:21 am

All this sniping about Bucks, he is a bloody champion and if the 14 or 15 of the others who pulled on a geurnsey every week had the same dig as he did we would see the woods consistently in the top few.

MM needs to have a long hard think about be out of place, when he had a bout four of our players out of position when the game started;

Cloke cant kick should never go to the forwardline
Burns should always start
Licuria was in the forward line cant kick, should always start in the middle
Lokan was always too going to be wrong for Cupido
Presti was not and is not in form, Clement should have started on LLoyd

I am bloody pissed off with their effort but those who have a go at Bucks do not understand what it is like to play the game, so keep your uneducated opinions to yourself
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:52 am

Rocccaaaaa23 wrote:
What did MM say in his press conference after the game?

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=87821
hotpies 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:59 am

I think it was a bad performance by the boys, i reckon mabee Leon could do with a run in the reserves and mabee a few others.
I think we have to get a few of our forwards back into over-head mark training and mabee lead running for Rocca & a few others.
We need to be running it out of defence easier by leading off our players to make space for the kick in.
As much as i hate losing, (especially to Essendon), i reckon the belting infront of a decent 40 thousand pies supporters, will do the boys a world of good and really show how bad it can be if you get a belting and it might just inspire them to fight more in the closing minutes of each quater. It will open them up to playing the whole 4 quaters of footy, hard and tough, i'm pritty sure this kind of performance will not happen again for Collingwood for a damm good while.
I'd like to know how can we get that close to Brisbane and lose to Essendon by 66 points and only lose to The Lions up in Brisbane by 14 points....
They all have to lift there performances dramatically, Dropping a few players will really show how serious playing your best each and every week is at the AFL standard and for the Collingwood Football Club.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:12 pm

I'm sorry Tessa but Bucks is the CAPTAIN, and he has every right to blast a player for an insipid kick, it was shocking decision making and O'bree needed to know that.

THIS IS THE WAKE UP CALL.

Everyone but Burns, Buckley and Licuria were passengers yesterday. O'Bree was good without being overly effectitive, as was McGough. The rest of the team didn't go in hard enough, didn't get to the ball in numbers and weren't accountable. The amount of times Essendon players seemed to get free was a joke, especially when half of the free players were floating in the forward line. How do these players get so free?

Leon Davis is done nothing recently, his attack on the ball has been appalling, and he needs to improve his tackling and accountability.

Tarrant tried but was inneffective, Rocca did nothing, Woewodin wasn't hard enough at the ball and didn't touch it for a quarter if I remember correcntly. Can someone please tell Woey that he is a midfielder and he is supposed to get the ball frequently if it is to help the rest of the team.

Presti seemed like he was always on the back foot, is he still trying to regain fitness because he seemed a bit slow on foot yesterday. McKee got 7 possessions in 10 minutes in one of the quarters but only got 15 for the game, so tat means for the rest of the game he only got 8 possessions. I'm sorry McKee but 10 minutes out of 120 (or how ever long you were on) is not good enough.

Ben Johnson's kicking is atrocious, he needs to improve his kicking or he should be dropped, the amount of times I've seen him under pressure and it was clanger was numerous and this seems to happen every week.

Anyway, overall we really only played 20 minutes of good footy for the whole game and we were still in it until about the 20 minute mark in the 3rd quarter. If we had played a full game, the result could have been very different.

Another thing, the amount of time we allow oppostion teams to kick goals in time on is worrying. It happened against Brisbane in the GF (which IMO cost us the GF), it happened against Brisbane last week (we allowed them back into the game after playing well for the first quarter and 25 minutes), and it happened today and that is what started that Essendon onslaught.

Last thing, a repeat performance like that must not EVER happen again. This week we must lift against Sydney, otherwise the 3 wins at the start of the season will account for nought, and any respect we may have earned up until this week will be all but gone. Please let's see some..... accountability, guts and determination.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:24 pm

Well i dunno what to say. That was the most heartbroken I have wanled away from the football in a long time (GF aside).

ANZAC day clashes have always been close and gutsy by yesterday you wouldnt even beleive it was Collingwood playing. We were second to the ball so many times, no second efforts existed, we couldnt hit a target or hold a mark and we fumbled something shocking. I sat there in shock, trying to control my fists, thinking 'I dont beleive this'.

Rnd 6 cant come soon enough. CMON PIES, WE HAVE TO PUMP SYDNEY AND EARN SOME RESPECT BACK.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:55 pm

I like everyone else yesterday was disgusted in that performance but have seen this many times and will be there next week listenning and hoping again. My daughter asked me yesterday, who we play next week and I said the Macleod under 16's, she said "shit, another loss". And that is an insult to Macleod.

In all seroiusness though I am just wanting to comment on Tessa's comment re Nathan Buckley. You have no idea. How could you even say this about Nathan. I have watched him from the time he was at Brisbane till now and can honestly say he is the most consistently brilliant footballer I have had the privilege to see. And thats not because I am a woods fan. Its because it is him. He stands up every week, never ever shirks his responsibility to his team and is usually the winner of possesions. And its not just that. Its the x factor. He just has it. And to say you have never seen Buckley play like Hird did yesterday, then I dont believe you have been a true follower of our club.

Nathan has played in the worst games and been a credit to his commitment. He came to Collingwood because he loves Black and White and wanted to play finals and that's what his drive is.Every week he lifts like Hird.

And he has the character too of a great person. Tessa I think your comment was either made in anger or ignorance. We all feel let down, but of all the ppl on the ground yesterday, Nathan Buckley should not have been your target our outburst.

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:16 pm

hurrah top comment Annewillo
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:19 pm

yer tessa instead of worrying yourself about snide comments, how bout you answer the question?

you say ur memory remembers more than 3 months ago, oh yer? what about 99? or how buot we go all the way back to 94, 95, 96, 97, 98? what about 2000? 2001, or 02? hmmm?

dont remember any of those?

seems your memory only lasts about 5 seconds, do u even know WHO nathan buckley is? or what hes done for our club?
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:20 pm

Hey all.

What about this for an idea.

Essendon were too good on the day. Their kicking was the best I have seen from any side all year. They would have beaten Brisbane on that performance and quite easily to boot.

Essendon deserved the victory, their skills were better than ours.

Well done to them. We couldn't match them....this time.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:25 pm

CQ wrote:
do u even know WHO nathan buckley is? or what hes done for our club?

Ha ! That's a laugh.

I reckon Tessa would probably say that Nathan Buckley is a Port Adelaide player who pretends to play for Collingwood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: