Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why cant i get enthused for this season?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply professional opportunity because the bastards were broke.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:38 pm

I see...
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks mate.
Wish I could see 😩
At least he didn't die!!😜
I love him 100% in spite of.
He knows what I feel about THEM. Was raised on it😩

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:30 am

swoop42 wrote:
We've been cursed ever since the second half of 1970 and even our last 2 Premierships took us an extra finals game to achieve.

Nothing comes easy at Collingwood.

Last year we had a hard fought opportunity to win an unlikely flag, to get one back on all the Collingwood hating bastards and it all looked likely when we kicked the first 5 goals of the game.

And then the inevitable.

I can only hope now that it was the start of something truly special to come from this group and the pain of that loss will be erased by a Premiership this season and/or next because right now that loss is still gnawing away at me.

True swoop, well said, it gnaws at me too, like, as my son said, now we have to do it all again, that whole process, of making the finals, winning enugh games to make it, then top four again, then win two finals, then make the grannie, etc, we gotta do it all again, and bloody nothing is certain in life. but, they say pain makes u stronger, learn from our defeats, that's all we can hope for hey

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:37 am

[quote="What'sinaname"]
Piesnchess wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
PNC, after reading your posts for years it seems to me that you are only happy when you are miserable and as the pre-season seems to be going Ok there is nothing to be miserable about.

I have to disagree...PnC has been one of the most optimistic people on this board.

The OP show true pain. Something that 12 GF losses will do and something that only a small number of people...all Collingwood supporters know.

No other supporter could know this pain....and they never will.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that, well done. Yes, we Magpies vets have known more pain in footy than any soul should have to bear. I will never watch us live in a grannie again, ive gone a bridge too far now, enough is enough, how many times can ones heart break. Question Crying or Very sad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:15 am

You are as staunch as they come PnC. You are of a similar vintage to me, and despite enduring the pain of all those GF losses, you, like me, have stuck fat, and never wavered in your love for the Maggies.

You have never struck me as being negative, but rather, like me too I guess, have a tendency to wear your heart on your sleeve, something I consider is an act of emotional honesty.

So don't fear, you'll be excited as hell as we have one of our best years ever in 2019 and go on to win the flag in a canter! History will look back our next 10 yrs as 'the time of Bucks', when Collingwood finally overcame its past finals misfortunes, and won several Premierships.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:41 am

Awww. You made me cry! God I hope so! And here we are, game day! Yes! Bring it!

Ps, I love an emotional man!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:02 am

For me I’m enthusiastic every year and from 1952 to current day I’ve been uninthused but never unenthused for long

I’ve seen either in person or on telly every final since 1952 and felt pain

Last year across whole season the team stumbled and then fought their way
Never ,I repeat giving in

So any true believer should for ever be enthusiastic

Know I am. What about you

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:52 am

Seeing us lose Grand Finals is always very difficult but close losses hurt the most.,So 1964, 1966 and 1979 were harder to take than 1980 or 2011 when we got flogged. 2018 is the same. 5 points - so near, so hurtful!

But, I ask, what is meant by the expression "we should have won"? That's like saying "we deserved to win." We didn't. If we'd deserved to win we would've won. WCE finished a spot higher than us on the ladder and beat us 3 times during the year. On Grand Final day we just weren't quite good enough. We were really good in the first 20 minutes but after that they were always coming at us. Their easy misses at goal in the last quarter turned it into an Alfred Hitchcock ending but really we were lucky to not lose by 3 or 4 goals.

On the day we were nearly good enough, but not quite. Understanding that still makes the loss painful but not as painful as believing that we were the better side but lost.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:15 am

Its a new season—let’s focus on that because as a team that’s what WE can control

History once it happens WE have not an ounce of control—can’t be changed

Let’s follow the boys in fair weather or foul —-go Pies

K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:13 am

Harrysz wrote:
But, I ask, what is meant by the expression "we should have won"? ...

We should definitely have won more GFs post-WWII. Like five or six more at least.

The latest loss isn't something all on its own.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:28 am

The reason you cannot enthused about this season is that it is going to be a "CAKE WALK"
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:05 am

The hormonal theory sounds more realistic.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 am

Harrysz wrote:

On the day we were nearly good enough, but not quite. Understanding that still makes the loss painful but not as painful as believing that we were the better side but lost.

This is a really wise statement I reckon and has made me feel just a little better about it all.
Adam Treloar said just this week "It was like a fairy tale to get there, but the fairy tale didn't come true". That's what I think personally hurt me the most. The Bulldogs got their fairy tale, why not us? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Then I blamed the umpires for not awarding a free kick to Maynard for being blocked in his run to defend the Dom Sheed mark.

Yet basically, I believe you're right - we were really good and so very brave, but not quite good enough.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Adam Treloar said just this week "It was like a fairy tale to get there, but the fairy tale didn't come true". That's what I think personally hurt me the most. The Bulldogs got their fairy tale, why not us? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

And the Tigers too. Mad

At least the Bulldogs' flag had a feel-good element to it. The Tigers' flag was just bad for football.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: