Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ It is good to know.

Robbo wrote an article on how Stephenson's torp needs an asterisk against it in the history books because the likely reason he kicked it was to win his multi.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:32 am

They should ask Robbo for comment, now that the truth is the exact opposite of that.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:52 am

Bucks5 wrote:
^ It is good to know.

Robbo wrote an article on how Stephenson's torp needs an asterisk against it in the history books because the likely reason he kicked it was to win his multi.

Don't take Robbo to flemington that bald blob knows nothing, but does look like he has been kicked by a helen morse.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:50 pm

2 games down.

8 to go.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
I’m kind of over this sport. Run by morons, played by morons. We invest our hard earned into this stupid game. Right now, F you, Stepho.

And still, F you, Stepho. 😉

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:55 am

We sure as hell missed him last night, hugely, and Jamie Elliott too up forward. sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:42 am

^ Yes, we missed Stepho but in reality, it was losing Reid in the first minute. We lost him twice in 2018 early and lost both games if I recall.

We need to stop relying on Elliot. IF he plays a few more games again in his career, great, but he's body is done. He'll play a few games, get injured...rinse and repeat.

Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:07 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I’m kind of over this sport. Run by morons, played by morons. We invest our hard earned into this stupid game. Right now, F you, Stepho.

And still, F you, Stepho. 😉

Agreed. Hope youre enjoying sitting in the stands watching Stepho and realise what a stupid selfish immature person you now are.

To be honest with Elliott it is time to look at getting something for him on the trade table. Controversial yes but there would be a club that would pick him up and gamble on his body. We just cant keep doing it anymore. Love him to death and he is brilliant but he is none of those things sitting on the sidelines with injury once again. Time to trade him and get us back into the first round perhaps after the dreadful trade we did for Beams.
dollygray 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:46 pm

I was watching Foxtel when the news about Stephenson came on. Can't remember if it was announced, or flashed across the bottom of the screen. A mute point anyway. But I am positive that the figure mentioned was $36,000 and he had bet this money on four games, without a win. But then amidst all the subsequent hullaballoo, the figure magically became $36. Can we be expected to believe that he was fined $20,000 and suspended for 10 matches over a paltry $36? Beggers belief. What do you think, posters? Did someone pull some strings?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:09 pm

dollygray wrote:
I was watching Foxtel when the news about Stephenson came on. Can't remember if it was announced, or flashed across the bottom of the screen. A mute point anyway. But I am positive that the figure mentioned was $36,000 and he had bet this money on four games, without a win. But then amidst all the subsequent hullaballoo, the figure magically became $36. Can we be expected to believe that he was fined $20,000 and suspended for 10 matches over a paltry $36? Beggers belief. What do you think, posters? Did someone pull some strings?

At the end of the day, the amount bet is irrelevant if betting on your own team. The only bet remotely ‘passable’ would be to bet on your own team to simply win. No margin bets. No exotic bets. Just a straight up victory, because that is the intention of every team every week. And even that has its issues (e.g. an opposition player wanting in on the bet, etc.).

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a bigger brain fade in my time playing football. One bet, OK, lapse in concentration. Two bets, OK, it’s time to pull yourself up. Three bets? You’ve got some big time issues, and I hope he’s seeking counsel and help. I knew something was amiss when he came back with a full leg tattoo after just one season at Collingwood.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:26 pm

I doubt it was $36k, he'd be gone for a year. You have to consider the fact that he got caught when the AFL was under the pump for player gambling (Jan Beames and the two AFL stars with multi-million dollar debts) and sponsorship. I'm confident that Stephenson opened his big mouth and that Howe did the right thing -- but I'm also confident that the betting agency and AFL who monitor the players suspected something. They monitor everything, it's almost like North Korea with the stuff they watch closely regarding player spending. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised it the figure was higher as I can see a young buck with money to burn having a laugh with a mate at how much he can bet. But that's why Stephenson got into trouble -- he, like Shaw and Maxwell, thought it was such a small bet no one would care. Big mistake.

Anyway, it's done and dusted. The AFL wanted to make a statement with Stephenson -- that it's a very, very stupid thing for AFL players to bet on AFL games, and 22 weeks (12 suspended) is the current price. Do they want to gamble with their careers?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
dollygray wrote:

At the end of the day, the amount bet is irrelevant if betting on your own team. The only bet remotely ‘passable’ would be to bet on your own team to simply win. No margin bets. No exotic bets. Just a straight up victory, because that is the intention of every team every week. And even that has its issues (e.g. an opposition player wanting in on the bet, etc.).

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a bigger brain fade in my time playing football. One bet, OK, lapse in concentration. Two bets, OK, it’s time to pull yourself up. Three bets? You’ve got some big time issues, and I hope he’s seeking counsel and help. I knew something was amiss when he came back with a full leg tattoo after just one season at Collingwood.

On the money , the ego is just stupid.

www.facebook/the hybernators
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:17 pm

dollygray wrote:

Probably just a misreport at the time. Someone else said $36k in this thread, so I suspect it was just a TV anchor misreading their notes. It was stated from the beginning of this being reported (I think even before it was publicised that it was Stephenson) that the bets were quite small.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:53 pm

You know what really makes me mad? When Stephenson said at the presser:

“It has almost scared me off gambling altogether...”

Almost!!! Are you freaking kidding me, Jayden?!
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Wayne Carey:

"More recently, what happened to Jaidyn Stephenson can also have a destabilising effect.

We hear rumblings a few cracks might have opened up between some of the younger players and the club’s leaders over how the situation was handled.

Whether that’s true or not only the Pies can answer, but I know from experience even the smallest issues can influence the mood or focus of a team."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 43 of 128   

Jump to: