Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Postmatch v Power.It's late, but comments here pretty please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:41 am
Post subject: Postmatch v Power.It's late, but comments here pretty pleaseReply with quote

Perhaps we should change our jumpers, then WE MIGHT GET A BLOODY DECENT RUN OFF THE UMPS!!!

Well, not half way yet, so for those of you feeling down, remember the words of the great Yogi Berra...

"It ain't over til it's over"

and it ain't over yet!
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'm glad I slept through the last half - game starts at 6am here.

Seems to me our backline in particular was exposed for inexperience, maybe we need another player or 2 of more stature there to bolster backline, against the top sides. Compare with port's Paxman who starved Tarrant. A tall such as Richo or Molloy - wouldn't be at all surprised at Richo getting a berth next week - and a small like Burns, or Brodie Holland who seemed to do v well down back a week or 2 ago.
No doubt presti was missed but we can't afford to be so dependent on him. Maybe don't always have to do that but against the top sides need more options.
Mind you I don't know how much it had to do with the midfield.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:06 am

We were exposed once again for not playing accountable football. Wanga killed us and whoever was on him was never to be seen. Football is a basic game you have an opponent and when the opposition has the ball you man up. Free running is ok, but when you let a team kick 7 goals in a qtr you have to man up. Umpiring was average but you can't blame that on our loss we were sloppy. Taz had an off night but still did his job. Rocca had a shocker and it's time for a spell in the VFL. Burns tried all night and I hope he is ok for next week.

My outs this week would be

Rocca, McKee, Obree. I would bring in Presti if fit, Rupert, Freeza. If Presti were not it I would bring in Richo (I can't believe I am saying that).

The reason I would drop those three rather than others is simply they are experienced and not performing. You can't blame players like Cole, Shaw & Lokan as they are all having a go, which is more than I can say for those 3. Rolling Eyes

We had to lose in SA we were due and Port played great and it was quality football form Wanganeen. A joy to watch him kill us. Mad You see quality football in some games and his game was right up their with his best

Disappointing loss and we can turn it around, whether we do or not we shall see.

Buckley's game was sensational he only made 1 clanger but went inside 50 6 times out of 21 possessions. Woey's possessions were all quality and no clangers from him. Laughing

Highlight of the night for me was Lokan taking on Stevens, burnt him off with some unreal acceleration and could have turned it into a goal but got caught. Geez he has some pace. Shocked

We have some games coming up that we should win. Embarassed
Adz 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:30 am

Mckee's effort was embarassing. He shouldn't be in the ruck. Also, when he got the ball, he looked slow and didn't kick on target. He needs to be droped. BRING WALKER IN!
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:36 am

Changes for this week should be:

In: Prestigiacomo Scotland
Out: Cole Obree
Adz 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 12:05 pm

Changes:

In: Walker, Rupert B
Out: Mckee, Cole
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:19 pm

I barely saw any of the game on television (I listened to it on the radio which is the most excruciating thing when you're team's playing). eg. Rocca has the ball, will shoot on goal...Port runs it out of defence - What the hell? They don't even explain what the hell happened. In the first quarter, Rocca snaps...but misses .I saw that bit of vision on tv - he was 3 bloody metres out and the radio commentators don't even get worked up or explain how easy it was.

Anyway, we were outscored by 7 in the first quarter, outscored them by 2 goals in the second (they didn't kick a goal since the first 20 seconds of the quarter), they killed us in the third, and we outscored them in the last (albeit junk time).

How bad did we play? By the sounds of things we blew our chance in front of goal (there was a string of about 5 missed shots in the first and second quarters). Tarrant left his kicking boots at Telstra Dome.

To our credit we saved percentage to go down by 4 goals. On radio we sounded terrible, but what did it look like. Apparantly skills were shocking - I switched it on with about 10 minutes left and saw in the space of 1 minute Cole miss two passes well over the leader's head in a row. During the first quarter we seemed to go to one-on-ones a hell of a lot out of defence to the wing - where are our crumbers at ground level? It has been a problem all year and I am flabergasted MM hasn't addressed the bloody issue. See what happens Leon - you stay at ground level, you get goals (first quarter).

Is it just me, or do we have no half forward line when we play at AAIMI stadium, particularly going to the right of screen? Opposition defence always runs it out with ease, particularly from our centre clearances.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:51 pm

We were not tight enough in defence and gave the port players way way too much room just to run. Except for the second quarter, that is.
It was a highlight to see that first goal of Leons......even before the ball was thrown in[ or bounced[ I could see Leon was ready to swoop on the ball when it was tapped down..and knew he was going to do this and kick a goal.
Why did we play one quarter so good......then get very loose in the other three?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:16 pm

Personally i would drop Ben Johnson. Was Ben Johnson meant to be on Wanganeen ?? We also let a dud like Cockatoo Collins kick 3 goals. That was embarrassing.

I would like Scotland and Betheras back in the team as well.

jlc

magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:17 pm

Well we were in it til after half time but after that we blew it.

We are very inconsistent this year because we have not yet really played well two weeks in a row after round 3.

Tarrant plays well one week and shocking the next.

Mckee is DEFINATELY not a ruckman we need Fraser or Rocca otherwise we will be killed in the ruck all year.

It is terrible not having Tarkyn because he got hurt round 3 and after that we havent really been good its really showing how much we miss him dont you all agree???

With that I still do not think this year is over its far from over. Our next 3 oppositions are Melbourne, Hawthorn, Footscray, North Melbourne and Fremantle all in Melbourne now we should win all of these and after that we would be 10-5 and back in the hunt and hopefully after that we can storm home to the finals!!!

Here are my changes for next week Queens Birthday Vs Melbourne (satans mongrels):

In: Rupert Bethearas, Glenn Freeborn, Heath Scotland.

Out: Steve Mckee, Ben Johnson, Lokan.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:22 pm

Freeborn wont play again this year i dont think

Lokan needs to be in the team as he has great pace he just needs to improve his vision Smile

jlc

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:37 pm

.... there is a ruckman floating around at the moment ....

Who wants him?

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:05 pm

Quote:
Tarrant plays well one week and shocking the next.

Will thats just a stupid comment made with no intelligent thought process. Tazza has had a stellar year so far. Sure, he wasnt a match winner last night but he wasnt disgraced. He still had about 15 possessions and took about 8 or so marks. Thats nothing to be ashamed of, certainly not 'shokcing'.

Think b4 u speak next time.

Buckely aside, hes been our most consistent player all year and should be very proud of his efforts and performances so dont even think about bagging him.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:10 pm

Tarrant was doubled and often triple teamed at every contest. Its a pity Pebbles and Molloy didnt chip in with a few goals and take the pressure of Tarrant.

He missed a couple goals that had he kicked those made his game better considering the pressure he was under at every contest.

jlc

jessa Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:15 pm

Good on ya missmagpie. i agree, think before u speak. 17 marks and 6 goals. do you think we would have won or have beaten st kilda by that mcuh if taz wasnt playin? Hes the best forward in the comp! all players have bad patches now and then...some sides even have bad patches all year...eg, carlton and bulldogs...if it werent for tazza we wouldnt be where we are. dont get me wrong its a team effort to win a game and the forwards dont win the game for us but you do have got to give taz a bit of bloody credit mate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: