Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match - Pies wallop Roos by 76 All comments here please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, he could play next week, unlikely, but betta then hammy.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:18 am

Lol. Bloody well done, m8. And a big Happy Birthday for yesterday !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:21 am

Bones wrote:
WHATs that i HEAR??? Oh yes The SHIT team won... Nice of you to praise a win Mr Alf..

What's this I hear?

Sarcasm?

Ah, well ... I suppose I'd better say something positive then.

Hard to fault tonight's effort. Four quarters of sustained dominance. The first five minutes looked like a case of "here we go again", but once we got that first goal the confidence lifted. And they started running ... relentlessly ... and harassing the opposition ... relentlessly.

Hard to say how much the Subi travel factor affected the Roos, but if they were a bit flat, the Pies played exactly the right sort of game to exploit that to the full ... So full marks to them.

There was a lot to like about tonight's win ... definitely a step in the right direction.

And it should go a long way towards giving us a lot of confidence for next year.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:28 am
Post subject: ....Reply with quote

An amazing vicotry.

It looked at times like we were running around witches hats. So eeeeeeeaaaassssy.

I also thought Holland had a very good game. He attacks the ball with zest and keeps it locked in when tackled.... something that doesn't appear on the statsheet.

The nagatives, well I hope Clement's injury is not serious as he is crucial to our defense. Also I thought Cole's still making the same mistakes.... taking far too long to dispose of the footy and getting run down - which cost us a goal. Also missing the set shot from 30 metres straight infront.... pretty poor. Loved his tackle on Leigh Brown infront of goal in the 3rd qtr which resulted in a goal.

An extremely disciplined team effort!
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:41 am

Even our own supporters do it !

I've just watched the replay. There were some excellent individual performances but none, NONE, better than Nathan Buckley.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:38 am

AWESOME EFFORT!! I will post again after watching the replay. I had to listen to the game on the radio, because I had my cousin's 21st.

To all you guys that were in chat, I hope you had a brilliant time after I left.

WOOOHOOOOO!!
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:45 am

Awesome display...during the week Kangaroos we're said to be the toughest team (physically) in the league. They won't get that wrap tomorrow. Great showing of aggression and intensity and well as running and kicking was superb.

The roo's fans went ballistic when David King kicked a torp from outside 50. But Anthony wasn't having anything of the sort..."anything you can do I can do better!" The man on the mark was on the edge of the square and he didn't even kick a torp, that drop punt made every kangaroo supporter simultaneously shit themsleves! BANG!

Buckley's first quarter goal...huge!

Half way through the 3rd quarter was my favourite moment...Leigh Brown who by the way weighs in at 100kgs, went to pick up the ball and clear it but was flattened...on his back...on his arse...couldn't get up for at least a minute by Richard Cole. This allowed Burnsy to rove it and snap over his head for our 11th goal.

Ben Kinnear, never seen it before! On ya Benny!
Jason Cloke you ballsy [edit]
If Woey hadn't already arrived, he has now!
Lica, Burnsy...Jimmy Clement.

Please people don't even think about saying anything negative.
Let's just get these boys pumped to go on with it...week by week.
Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:04 am

Thank you Dean Laidley for a great coaching effort.lol
Thank you Wayne Carey for going to Adelaide.lol
Thank you Kellie Stevens for being a part of this.lol
Thank you Sav Rocca for being the same poor player.lol
and on a serious note
Thank you Jason Mcartney for being a legend.
Thank you pies,great win.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:22 am

Haven't seen any reports as yet, but it was reported last night, by Dr. Peter Larkins, that Clemo has done his hammie and it could be a minimum three weeks.

The medal that has been mentioned was the Jason McCartney Medal, for the most courageous, and this went to Ant. This will now become a yearly thing, but how it will be determined when both teams play twice a year is still to be worked out.

To all those in the chat room last night, thanks for being there and helping me call my first win of the year. After my performance against the Dawks, I didn't think I was ever going to be allowed to redeem myself. LOL

Anyways, I'm off to TEAC Oval to watch the Williamstown v Port Melbourne game. For pics and reports, go to the VFL forum this evening, but allow some time for me to get my posts online.

Carn the Pies, Carn the Gulls.

Hooked
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:24 am

Great win, killed them and a great team effort. Subicao factor? Well I woul dsay that if we only beat them in the last qtr. We smashed them from start to finish so it may have been 10% factor in us winning.

We won from a solid team effort just as we did last year.

Also I keep saying when we kick goals fromoutside 50 there is no defence and we smash teams from it.

Welcome back Ant and a medal well deserved. Intersting the Herald Sun left Ant out of the best five.

I must have watched a different game like Jason did.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:13 pm

Great performance and probably the best four quarter performance all year. When Rocca fires up early we are a very very hard team to beat. He seems to be the barometer for our team. Its a good sign that he is lifting at the right time of the year.

Clements will be a big big loss next week. His versatility and coolness under pressure will be sorely missed. However this gives another player an opportunity to stand up. Although Im not sure if we have another player in Clements mould to fill his position. I think this will ensure that Kinnear stays in the team. Kinnear although maligned can play up back or up forward.

Didak is due to fire shortly very soon as he is the type of player who can break games open. Hopefully this form will start soon Wink Didak has the class and im sure things will start going his way soon.

Im just happy that Burns got to celebrate his 150th game in style Smile The midfield seems to be functioning very well and Josh has been playing some very good football. Although Burton withdrawing from the game would have helped his cause.

All i ask for is consistency and if we can do that then the wins will take care of themselves. A win next week and we can go ahead of Fremantle on the ladder.

jlc

peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:25 pm

A fantastic team effort last night and signs are there that we are getting back to our 2002 form. Tarrant although well held in the first quarter still managed to kick 4 goals and the disposal to him was magnificant.
I thought Cloke was another who played a good game and Clement was close to best on ground.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:59 pm

Clemo was on Sportsworld this morning and said that the hammy isn't as bad as first expected. He said it was a slight twinge, but nothing major.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:03 pm

peter_pies4ever posted this in another thread:

Location: Taylors Lakes, Victoria Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm Post subject: Victory over Kangaroos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Is that our greatest victory over the Kangaroos since 1990 when we then belted them by 80 points?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:29 pm

Good win, and a good game by most of the players, and a good goal by Richie Cole, he's coming good. Brodie played well, Licuria, Clement, Rocca, and Nathane Buckley all were good aswell. Scotty Burns what a game by him, played well, and had a happy 150th to celebrate last night.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: