Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match v Dees - All thoughts here thank you!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ordinary opposition but obviously a great team win. i think burnsy mentioned he thought it was the first game he felt like he was playing in a committed team since the GF. im a big fan of molloy and i'll defend him almost indefinately but he needs a run at willy, just for game time if nothing else. MM only played him for a bit over a quarter all up - was surprised MM didnt just leave him one out in the goal square for the final quarter for him to get some confidence with a couple of goals. he's still trying hard though and hopefully not far away from a big one. a week at willy, the mid season break and then he can get back into it.

3- fraser
2- burns
1- presti(how much have we missed this bloke?!)
Natalie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:14 am

great team win. Bursy just awesome - BOG. Woey had a great game and when he took that mark in front of M6 and everyone stood up and cheered, bloody awesome that. Lonies goal(s), Fraser kicking butt, Shawry running loose allover, Tazzzaaa - 16 marks again, you are a champion. It all starts from here.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:22 am

I think we have turned the corner. That was the first game where we did NOT play awful footy for 20 minutes and get multiple goals kicked on us. We were good (with some brilliant patches) for the whole game. I reckon that is a sign we have turned the corner.
7 in a row to come then REVENGE against Brisbane.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:26 am

ramjet21 wrote:
ordinary opposition but obviously a great team win. i think burnsy mentioned he thought it was the first game he felt like he was playing in a committed team since the GF. im a big fan of molloy and i'll defend him almost indefinately but he needs a run at willy, just for game time if nothing else. MM only played him for a bit over a quarter all up - was surprised MM didnt just leave him one out in the goal square for the final quarter for him to get some confidence with a couple of goals. he's still trying hard though and hopefully not far away from a big one. a week at willy, the mid season break and then he can get back into it.

3- fraser
2- burns
1- presti(how much have we missed this bloke?!)

Burns was best on ground by a mile. Should be a good contest between him and Tarrant for the Copeland.

Would people give Tarrant most improved at the club (or has he just regained full fitness) or would you say Rhyce Shaw has improved more ??

Also can someone please tell Mike Sheehan to remove Leppitsch from his top 10 AFL players as Leppa is a dud. I think Tazza would slot in nicely in place of Leppa.

jlc

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:54 am

I think Tarrant has improved out of sight, aided by full fitness. See Brownlow thread. But yes, Rhyce Shaw is really taking strides also and it's great to see. He still has a lot to learn but has a real presence on field.

And Burns - yes indeed. At the very least he deserves All-Australian status on current form, but I suspect will be overlooked again. He, Buckley and Tarrant will be the main Copeland contenders at this stage.

swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:55 am

Great team effort, so good to be relaxed at the footy and enjoy it completelty!! Very Happy Everyone else has alreaady echoed my sentiments - every game is a test for our boys, we should beat the Hawkers but I think we really need to quieten our critics and beat a team in the eight. Pity we havent got a top 4 side next week, I think our confidence must be pretty high right now and it would be a good indicator. 774 (ABC) votes were
3 - Tazza (leading with Wanganeen on ABCs footballer of the year table)
2 - Burnsy
1- Shawry

Go PIES!!!!! Very Happy
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:10 pm

shaw is our biggest improver by a mile. frankly he was lucky to stay on our list after last year. struggled at willi for most of the year and i never thought we'd see him in the seniors again. but geezus, he played like a 150+ gamer yesterday! all class and poise out of the back line. i love it how he directs play while he's actually RUNNING with the ball!

the natural replacement for freeborn, i think, and the good thing is he's gonna be around for 10 years! what a bonus!
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:26 pm

Well First Game I have managed to get to this year with my own footy commitments and with work and what a beauty!!!!!

Haven't seen a game that we have played that well in a while!!!!

Good Signs were Josha, Shaw and lones getting into the game and making an impact and guys like Brodie and Scotto playing some good steady footy!!!!

Good to see the fan club doing a good job at the game yesterday BUT
Joffa mate think the gold Jacket should have been on a lot earlier Wink

My personal Votes:

3.Scotty Burns
2.Rhyce Shaw
1.Tazza
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:00 pm

Would say that Taz has been the bigger improver of the two. He obviously has always had the talent but is now playing with passion he did not seem to display at times in the past. An injury free Tarrant is a major headache for other teams. Shaw is getting better and better, the funny thing is the guy has only played 13 games yet we speak of him and some have been as critical of him as a 3-4 year player. He is a 21yo that has plenty of footy in front of him if he continues to show the attitude he has this year.

I just want to say that Scott Burns is one of the most under-rated players in the competition. Rarely plays a poor game. Wears the black and white with pride. It is really surprising that he does not get the accolades he rightly deserves. Seems to be very modest about his undoubtedly great ability.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:13 pm

Has Burns ever played a bad game ?

jlc

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:14 pm

Yes, and don't forget Tarrant consistently gets the opposition's best defender (and sometimes their second and third best as well if he's having one of those days). Shaw was great on the weekend, I'm really pleased for him, but Melbourne gave him more space than Neil Armstrong for much of the game - Weed
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:28 pm

the_weed wrote:
Yes, and don't forget Tarrant consistently gets the opposition's best defender (and sometimes their second and third best as well if he's having one of those days). Shaw was great on the weekend, I'm really pleased for him, but Melbourne gave him more space than Neil Armstrong for much of the game - Weed

When did Burns play a bad game ??

jlc

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:45 pm

JLC, I wrote my post before I saw yours - I was continuing the "big improver" side thread not addressing your query re Scott Burns.

And to answer it, I can't remember when he played a bad game either! Happy now? lol

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:02 pm

I think Burns played a bad game in his first year at Collingwood, although I don't know. Good game by Burns, like always,

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:03 pm

A great team effort by all and it was good to hear woey say how important collingwood is to him now..good on ya shane.

The gold jacket was gong to go on late 3rd quarter but we run out of time as we wanted to race over near the melb cheersquad and show em a bit of winners gold Smile shoulda seen the look on there snouts.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: