Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies v Bummers...comment????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

special delivery, bloody oath essendon were good on the day, they were VERY good, so therefore it should have been an even game bcos before yesterday we were supposedly a heaps better side than them.

but with them firing and us playing like a bunch of hopeless DHs the difference was HEAPS.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:15 pm

All I will say on this subject is that Essendon went out there to win and win they did.Our guys basically kplayed well for the first quarter and then packed up and went home,cam back after 1/2 time,played footy and then lay down and went to sleep.
The Bombers went out there after 1/2 time with a bee up their nose,wounder what sheedy said at 1/2 time, and they gave the PIES a footy lesson.
Christ its only the 5th game of the season,we are in the same position as last year,the only thing is that the PIES WILLgive the Swans a hiding next week even though the Swans catapulted the 'D' out of the SCG.In actual fact I recon that the way the guys played yesterday,the Swans could beat them,but you didnt heear that from me.
The PIES have along way to go between now and September,so critisism CAN be warranted,but only if the critisism is constructive,if its not then RACK OFF.
As a passing message the folks at Cowra Library enjoyed the call and the comments yesterday and they have asked me to put the page amongst their favourites,so dont be suprised to see one of them come up and monitor the games in future.
Tuesday will be the last post of mine as we are off on Thurday nice and early.
I shall pass on my email address as soon as its final.

kiwipie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:18 pm

Hi, long time viewer, first time poster. The kids at the kinder where I work show better footy skills than our boys did yesterday. Bucks. with the help of a couple of assisstants, practically played the game by himself and is beyond reproach. What happenned to the so-called wanting to make up for last weeks disappointing performance. May be a predictable response after a tough game against the Lions. Hird played his first blinder in a long while,because wel let him- Bucks has a blinder almost every week, regardless of who is with him. Only positive I can see is that with such an appalling game we got within 6 pts by 3 qtr time. The worst aspect of the day was the Essondon supporters. I had a woman behind me who was giving a blow by blow commentary throughout in a loud shrill voice somewhat like nails down a blackboard.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:19 pm

Hi there kiwipie. Yeah, it seems very long to me too. That sounds like a plan.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:26 pm

I dunno about the rest of you, but I felt that after the 1st 1/4 that we were going to lose . Here are a few constructive observations I will make.

1. Because Fletcher was out it seemed that MM was going to beat the Dons back line with height. We were way to heavy down there, there running out of the Backline killed us.
2. No back line in the League could survive the siege they were receiving. When overlaps and quick turnarounds happen it is very hard to play tight. Another thing, Presti and Wakes are not fit period. Clement was trying to patch up holes everywhere.
3. Our ruck is still a problem, we seem to have no direction at the stoppages. From memory our centre clearances were better than the Don's. If I am right then this tells me that our forward line was crowded or off their game.
4. Our disposal was woeful at most times. Forward men are only as good as the delivery of the ball coming in and ours was pathetic and the Don's were precise.
5. For a team that has supposedly one of the best centreline we were shocking. At no time did we even look like dominating play across our centre.
6.We are still a relatively young side. I am not using this as an excuse, only to point out that this team still has much to learn.
7. Next week is another week and in footy that means renewance. Learn from the previous loss and move on.

I am dis-appointed as we all are. But we have to remember that footy is an up and down sport, consistency wins games. Improvement is needed after a win or a loss. It is still early in the season there are many more games to play and build upon.

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
kiwipie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:42 pm

We actually did well in the centre clearances for a change- but to no avail. Seem to lack in mental toughness at the moment. I hope none of the players decides to view this forum in the next few days while we all vent our spleens - cause it'll be cold comfort.
Sammy Gee 

Scum supporter who tried to jump on the Collingwood bandwagon and discovered (too late) that there wasn't one!!! GONE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:01 pm
Post subject: Pies need new coaching staffReply with quote

Probably has to be the worst decision of all time. Putting nobody on the best player of all time "James Hird"...What were they thinking?? And they sure did pay for it....
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:07 pm

second worst decison - keeping clokey in teh forward line. he's a great young player, but not a forward yet! but the kicking into the forward line was the worst I've seen in a long time. They'll be dissapointed, and with reason. MUST get back into form next week

- Ben
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:43 pm

Hey, folks. Things could be worse. We could have been 51 points ahead and watched the opposition kick 13 goals straight !! Unanswered.

It's happening at the G today.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Sammy Gee 

Scum supporter who tried to jump on the Collingwood bandwagon and discovered (too late) that there wasn't one!!! GONE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:48 pm
Post subject: Smart SwapReply with quote

James Hird for nathan buckley...im all for it...he doesnt get as many possies, but he uses every one of them, unlike our skipper..
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:12 pm

That's really Gerry Gee, right?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
lones37 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:18 pm

Anyone else think that this thread is becoming farcical? Loyalty people, take a leaf out of last year, it is only round 5. We are better than that and will show everyone in time. I also cant believe this swap Bux for Hird crap. If Bux had no opponent every week he would have won 6 brownlows by now. It is pretty easy to kick 3 goals with no opponent in your F50. Give the guy a break FFS.
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:32 pm

I'm with you lones37. Bucks is a champ, and I think would feel quite offended if he read some of the comments. He puts his heart and soul into this team, and puts the team interests b4 his own. He is one hell of a work horse. I don't think it is fair to start attacking our players, it was a team effort that lost. I know some individuals were worse than others, still.. I wouldn't swap Hird for a 5 cent peice, let alone bucks...
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:06 pm

ck_nd puts moderator hat on.

Sammy Gee, this is a Collingwood BB. Please refrain from constantly dribbling on about James Hird. We have read your opinion about Hird and quite frankly we aren't interested in Hird.

Consider taking your opinions about Hird to an Essenscum bulletin board.

Carol

Sammy Gee 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:22 pm

lones37 wrote:
Anyone else think that this thread is becoming farcical? Loyalty people, take a leaf out of last year, it is only round 5. We are better than that and will show everyone in time. I also cant believe this swap Bux for Hird crap. If Bux had no opponent every week he would have won 6 brownlows by now. It is pretty easy to kick 3 goals with no opponent in your F50. Give the guy a break FFS.

Has to be partly the captain of collingwoods fault and the coach for not giving hird an opponent in the first place, theres an example of bad captaincy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: