Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies v Bummers...comment????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't his account be disabled?

He is taking up bandwidth....!

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:10 pm

I really would rather have Buckley then James Hird at Collingwood, Hird doesn't play a full game (which was proven yesterday) and anyways, why blame Buckley? There's only so much a Captain can do on the field. He can't control the whole team and play a perfect game. It's just not possible, all players need to put in not just a few. If you want to blame someone, blame the laziness from half the Collingwood football team. One player doesn't make a team, that is why Football is called a TEAM sport. We want a team of players working as one, not all of them out for themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:29 pm

Gerry Gee (Sammy) has to be a EFC supporter they way he is sucking up James Hirds ass.

If he was Collingwood he would never doubt the ability of Buckley, and like other ppl have commented Buckley played 4 quarters, Hird only played the best in the last when they had no opposition.
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:30 am

Are some of the people on this board trying to be silly? Buckley is a four quarter centerman. NOT A CENTER/FORWARD INTERCHANGE.

If you put Hird in the middle for 4 quarters 22 rounds over his entire career you have a guy who prolly would have played half the football he has.

Buckley is a primed machine. He trains like no other. Malthouse himself was astonished by his dedication and he has been amongst some of the legends of the game.

If Buckley played for any other side other than Collingwood he would be one of the most celebrated players ever. Too bad people from opposing sides feel angst every time we have any type of success.

The only guy to rival Buckley is Voss. Hird is not in the league of either of them. Furthermore in my opinion McLeod is the most gifted player in the AFL yet I dont think he has the same professionalism as Nathan and Michael which is unfortunate for him.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:39 am
Post subject: sammy g, kenny g,Reply with quote

stick your flute up your arse and sod off

Pies do not need f---wits like you
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:09 am

top post lethalburns!
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:55 pm

MM has been great for collingwood and is a great team builder, player manager etc etc but I have to say that sometimes his matchday coaching can be ordinary and is not noted for its Sheedy-like flair.
Collingwood are a v young side who in last 2 weeks have shown that their confidence is a bit fragile. Cloke up forward proved to be a big mistake. He is only a second year player and still needs to solidify his confidence across half-back where he has excelled - MM risks sabotaging his confidence by trying to groom him too soon as a forward - I'd give it a rest at least till next year, we have good forwards already.
One thing they have been talking about that maybe should have been tried on Anz day was putting Buckley up forward since noone else was having much luck - a bit of sheer brilliance could have broken it open for us and footy is a very psychological game - Buckley opening up the forward line could have inspired the team all over the ground. Also why not try some of the other innovations that have worked in the past, eg Clement up forward seems to be good, Burnsie is an excellent forward who always seems to make space (or was he tried? I only heard the game on the radio), rocca having a bad hair day up forward could be used more in the backline/ruck where he has excelled in the past. Also could use Mckee as a backman more when nothing else is working, I reckon he has a lot of potential there. And he should have tried more moves to counter Lloyd and Hird as has already been said - maybe even try things like Josh on Lloyd, that sort of thing.
I just think maybe MM needs to develop more flair and imagination on matchday - try different unexpected things that may click and bring on a blitz which this team is of course capable of with a bit of inspirational leadership. It also develops player versatility.
Players have to take risks in modern footy and maybe sometimes that goes for coaches too.
Using Buckley up forward more also should extend his career - I know that's been said already umpteen times.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:13 pm

If we are supposed to be a PIES BB and some one comes in and drivels about another team,then edit that person out.If it was a PIES supporter you would so why not edit out drivel from other supporters as well.
I will say that the way that the PIES played this week that the Swans could give them a bath.
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:42 pm

Well after reading through this thread I am proud of us! Last year we had so many negative posters (mostly named rohan) whenever we lost that it was almost painful to think that that was what the magpie support base was like. Obviously it was just a vocal handful because this year, even after an 11 goal loss, we are strong in our love and encouragement for our guys. Mark my words: Nothing will stop this club having success.
markstevens Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:55 pm

London Pie, did you say you got up at 5:OO AM to WATCH the game ? I listen via the internet, but would love to watch live. How do you manage it, or was it a typo ?
JasonWildRemembered 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:26 pm

Could ANY Collingwood supporter advocate anything but a statue for NB? If it wasn't for him, lord knows where the club would be.

Star
The Zapper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
Post subject: QuestionReply with quote

Just a question to change the subject away from the James Hird thing but do fellow posters believe that the game against Brisbane may have taken more out of the players mentally than we think.

It's not an excuse or cop out or anything, but I am just trying to fathom why we so quickly we dropped our heads in the last quarter...thats something this team simply does not ordinarily do...
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:25 pm

I agree 100% with Bokka - why does MM fiddle with something that worked in just about every game last year? Cloke is best used as the loose man in defence. Presti needs some game time and I would promote Cole, Betheras and Scotland.
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:40 pm

i think we need to give presti a rest and bring in scoots and richy cole
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:27 am

give presti a rest? hes only played 2 halves of footy over 2 games, he needs to played 2 get his match fitness back!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: