Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies v Bummers...comment????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy Gee wrote:
Has to be partly the captain of collingwoods fault and the coach for not giving hird an opponent in the first place, theres an example of bad captaincy.

Sammy, you are without a doubt a retard, how can you blame the captain for the team playing like that? Does he have to stand out all day and tell each and every player to play hard? Is he the coach? No...so get over it already. We already know you want James Hird at Collingwood, well we DON'T. Buckley can't 2 jobs at once, there's only so much a captain can do on the AFL Football field. He can't play well, captain, and make sure everyone plays well at the same time.

Presti looked slow against Lloyd, maybe it was a little early for him to be back in the seniors. Maybe he needed 1-2 games playing for Williamstown to get some run into his legs. Because he looked flat, not that many others didn't. But I think Lloyd got too many easy goals.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:40 am

Hey Sammy, Cupido cut us to pieces along with lloyd. Surely that would be bux fault? the fact that he didn't inspire presti, lokan, clemo to all be b.o.g. shows what a fool bux really is.

Hird playing all on his own. Bux had an opponent (namely peverill) but hird roaming alone must be a captaincy problem....right?

Sammy, do these statements seem a little ridiculous to you? they do to everyone else....maybe there's something for you to ponder there. Oh by the way Sammy, why didn't you bring the topic of hird V bux up after the GF last year....surely hird was worth the swap then?

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:15 pm

There's no getting around it - it was a very bad day at the office for our boys. I feel the coaching staff must take a fair amount of the blame for starting us off on the wrong foot with Cloke on the forward line. It seemed to throw our balance off after the first few minutes.
Why mess with a good set up of Tarrant, Rocca and Molloy with Leon and Didak crumbing, and stuff up our defence by putting Cloke, who would take up the space in front of Lloyd, up on the forward line. It was obvious in the first quarter that it would not work but the coaching staff persisted with the wrong set up.
Also, Essendon's kicking both at goal and in general field play was as good as it gets. Certainly the next time we play them their main play makers have to have tags assigned to them. Surely that is what Licuria and Woewodin should have been asked to do last Friday.
In the third quarter O'Bree was the guy who got us going first with a long goal and then with some good tackling and creative handball. He was on fire until his rushed kick went to Hird and I thought he was going crook at himself for stuffing it up and Bucks was trying to urge him on and not drop his head for one mistake.
Leon needs to be dropped, Lokan maybe, Cole and Holland promoted.

chalky 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:42 pm

Agree mildly with bokka/rickywatt sentiments regarding lack of imagination in the coaches box. I don't think cloke up forward was a factor - not going to the backline when obviously needed was a factor! Rocca, Molloy, Didak and perhaps Taz, were either comprehensively beaten or at least negated in one on one duels. Surely this is a perfect opportunity to try something and put the opposition in a position where they have to react.
MM has shown extraordinary faith in his players ( is this a bad thing? ) to beat their direct opponent. Our team doesn't seem to lack flexibility as some posters have creatively shown. MM does appear to lack a little flair or progressive thinking on game day. Does this mean that the players are not prepared for different scenarios during training sessions?
Most sides have worked out our plans and have dissected them. I think it was culprit who suggested that now we are the hunted. - cloke raoming the backline unguarded is a thing of the past.
Maybe its time to show the opp something different , if possible.
Maybe its time to show even greater faith and support the players to beat the dirct opponent. Only MM knows what's in their heads.
PS - who gives a rats .... about hird cheers
woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:49 pm

I hate Essendon, I really do. To cop a hiding like that from them really disappointed me. I have to say Essendon played a blinder - they didn't have one ordinary player that I can think of.

The good news is up until very late in the third quarter we were still very much a chance of winning.

The point I make is: If Essendon played at say 95-100% and we played absolutely shocking and still had a sniff at 3/4 time, I think that this result will benefit us. Now before everyone says "No loss is good for you!", just think about it - if we lost by say 3 - 4 goals, people would be upset, but there would not be the sort of wake-up call that a 66 point shellacking can give.

This is a time for the team and coaches to say, "Whoa, what is happening here???".

Remember last season we had a few horrible results as well. The season is very long and I don't want us to be performing at or near 100% right at the minute!!

The pies will rebound - we are too good not to!! Just have faith my Magpie friends!!!!!
champagne leon 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:49 pm

after reading the comments on this post re: buckley - all those who have a bad word to say about him are a buch of f**kwits and would be better off following the fickle tigers !......get a clue about football before making yourself sound stupid !!!!

god help us if he wasn't there, it would have been in the vacinity of 100 points + (let alone the past 10 years)
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:53 pm

Where can I get one?
Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:01 pm

After briefly reading this thread, I am absolutely sick to death of these ignorant sycophants who can only read papers and watch the news to make a judgement on James 'Craig Bradley' Hird. First of all, it's easy to play well when your side is aboslutely caning the opposition, getting 37 possies in a side that's being towelled up and put under pressure is much, much harder. But that's just an aside, it is not my main point.

All this media brain-washing about the bruiseless one (Hird) has got into so many people's heads that they are so blind to the truth it isn't funny. Listening to dickless Sheehan and his brethren go on and on about Hird is just funny, but that so many people believe the tripe that they carry on with about the 'golden one' is extremely concerning, particularly when you're so critical of one of Collingwood's greatest ever footballers. Hird did not get one contested possession on Friday. I hate the %$^%$£$% with a passion, but he went home on Friday without a bruise, without a scratch. He surfed behind packs, picked up any spills and received more handballs than even Peter Bell gets. Sure he has fair skills, he's a good footballer, but he isn't half the palyer that so many people say he is. He is one of the biggest softcocks in the league, and he is so overrated it makes me physically ill. Open your eyes and watch the game, Hird is just another product of Sheedy's propaganda machine...
champagne leon 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:13 pm

hal, you wouldn't know one if it smacked you in the face !
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:18 pm

Yeah, That's good information: champagne leon said I wouldn't know one if it smacked me in the face .
jokster265 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:27 pm

I was talking to that McPhee guy from Essendon on saturday night at a Pizza shop.

He said that the Essendon boys couldnt believe how soft our boys were - especially in the last quarter. That is very disappointing - imagine the marshmallow bombers talking our boys down, surely that has got to rile them up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: