Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Good luck to 2 cold pies.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 pm
Post subject: Good luck to 2 cold pies.Reply with quote

Couldn't help feeling a little tingle of regret when I read about former nesters Scotty and Lil-big-man jubilantly catching up in Camberwell during the week. Of real note was the point Eade quoted ;
===================
Eade on Russell ; 'It has been a bit of a shock to Scotty because we asked him to change his game,' Sydney coach Rodney Eade said.
'He has had a few bad habits that have crept in over a long period of time. He has been allowed to do certain things.
=======================
Bit of an understatement if you ask me because [[I may be nostalgic about ex-90 ankle tatts comrades but and I say but,,,,]]
Scotty and Scooter were very pale examples of their good ol-90 former selves when asked to leave the nest.
However,,, how's the implied comment from Eade, that Russell was not coached/groomed/mentored correctly. """Oh we can use this raw talent, re-train him a bit and use him in the right way."""
Food for thought.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 1999 4:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading between the lines what he really meant is that Russell is and always was a goal hungry bastard...... Apart from one moment of glory for 'Little Man' I have not seen anything that makes me regret their departure. They were both well past their prime, and even though they are still better than some of our other players they were taking a substantially larger chunk of the salary cap.

------------------
Damien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: