Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

OH MY GOD RICKY!!!!!!!! I am now a North supporter!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 6:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW FU@KING DARE U SAY THAT ABOUT ME RHAIN!!!!!!! Of course i give a shit if Collingwood finish bottom. I get the feeling you just come on here spouting off shit without fully understanding. What the **** have i been going on about the past week or so - how I AM SICK OF US SITTIN ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LADDER!!! And i dont feel it is wasting money obviously i have a very strong football passion therefore I DO NOT PUT A PRICE ON FOOTBALL IT COMES FROM THE HEART FOR ME!

Thats right Magpiera!

Noone else here knows what its like to have more than one team cause noone else does. The passion is still there. In fact i get 3 times the passion, 3 times the fun. U know all the fun we have supporting Collingwood dressing up in all our Pie stuff, going to games, seeing the players, going to training well its just like that for me with my other teams too only not as much as Collingwood cause they r my #1. How do ppl find it so hard to understand. I have my Collingwood day at the footy then I go off to see my other team and it is a whole different adventure!

???

mike b 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 3:28 pm

For all the unease I have about Collingwood's trading effort this week, at least there is one positive - Olarenshaw has knicked off. What an embarrassment to our recruiters he has been. Imagine wasting number 12 in the draft a couple of years ago for a bloke who couldn't kick over a jam tin (when fully fit) and played about 1.5 games in two years.

We did well to swap him. Ricky Olarenshaw and number 39 pick for number 37 pick sounds like a fair trade to me - a whole two places halfway down the draft is about his worth (actually his value is probably still inflated at that rate).

Good luck to him. I hope he proves me wrong, as I respect his perserverence. But that trade was about as bad as we have done over the years.

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 4:47 pm

Hey Spidergirl, I thought Ricky's playing day's were over and couldn't believe it when I heard he was going to Nth. Melb.!! I can see how rapt you must be. What are you going to call him now - Ricky Roo Boy?
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 8:03 pm

Spidergirl has dared to be different by having more than one team. And she's copping a bit of a bagging for it. Footy fans can be so narrow-minded, can't they?

Well, as a show of support to Spidergirl I'm going to come out ...

No, I'm not gay ... (don't be fooled by the eye-liner)

I'm going to admit something even more dangerous than that ... shock, horror!!!!

I have a club that I regard as my second-favourite club ...

Yes, it's true. I can't keep it a secret any longer.

I'm a closet Port Adelaide fan. I watch most of their games on TV and sometimes go to watch them when they play in Melbourne (as long as it doesn't clash with a Collingwood game, of course). I sometimes even sit with their cheer squad (which I regard as the best cheer squad in the A.F.L. by a mile).

I know this will come as a great shock to many of you and I will understand if I receive plenty of hate mail over this, but as a South Australian I followed the Magpies in the S.A.N.F.L. And a mighty bunch of Magpies they were (and still are). How fondly I remember what it was like going to football 80% sure of winning every week. And the annual premiership celebrations at Alberton. And champions like John Cahill, Greg Phillips, Mark Williams, Bruce Abernethy, Nathan Buckley. (there's two Collingwood captains and a Collingwood coach among that lot)

One of my many great memories was Nathan Buckley's best-on-ground performance in pissing torrential rain against Glenelg in the 1992 Grand Final.

This year they had a shocking season ... they finished fourth!!!!!! There would have probably been riots in the streets over that.

And although Port Power is officially a separate club, there is still a strong cultural connection between the two. And there are some things that you just can't get out of your system.

------------------
**floreat pica**

magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 3:33 am

Alright! Alright! since everyone is airing their dirty laundry. I sort of like Sydney and Brisbane. They are always on TV and when watching a sport on TV I get more enjoyment if i pick a team. But, mainly for the good of the sport. This is the greatest game in the world. Why the fu$k! isn't it supported all around Australia. It's something that is ours... but what I am really trying to say is... Spidey I sorry!!! I take it all back!!! Will you ever forgive me???
But when anyone plays the Pies I only see Black and White. I "hate" Sydney and Brisbane just like the rest of 'em.

azza 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 4:32 am

Although supporting Collingwood for 23 years when I lived in Broken Hill in the early 80's I could watch Port Adelaide every week on TV and they just kept on winning. Tim Evans was my idol. They were the magpies in S.A. and it didn't feel bad supporting another team in another state. HOWEVER when they joined the A.F.L. I didn't know how to react. Could I have a second team? I braced myself and waited to see if the passion was there. Well I can tell you all that they are not in the same ball park anymore. Yes I would like them to win a premiership if the Woods are not in the G.F. but in the same breath I don't even know how they fared in the trading period!
Anyone can have a second team but I would rather go to Pizza Hut and have a lunchtime meal deal than celebrate a Port Power Premiership. It's all or nothing for me. Anyone for pizza?

magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 7:31 am

Tarkschick,
You've never watched a footy game that did not involve Collingwood and barracked for one of the teams?
C'mon!... Nah! Nah! C'mon?

Surfs Up!
Russ.

PS. When the first game?!?!?... I really got a get a life!
C'mon summer!

eMmA 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 7:52 am

ok ok well collingwood are and always will be my no.1 and i have no team regarded as 2nd or 3rd but now that my baby SAV has gone i am gonna have to follow him aswell NOT his team but HIM!!!!if i go to one of his games i will only scream out "GO SAV" not
"GO ---- whoever he plays for"!!!!so i just thought i would settle that one!!!!

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 8:19 am

Save your money spidergirl!!! If you wanna see Ricky play you be better off buying a Murray Kangaroos membership not a North one. Even then you would still probably see more of him in casulties then on the field. I wish him all the best and hope he proves me wrong but somehow i think it's unlikely.
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 8:59 am

What about Willo & Schaubs at Sydney? Matthews, Starc & Mal at Brisbane? Hotton at Carlton? Sanderson at Geelong? Woods at Hawthorn? James at Adelaide? Aaron James at Richmond? Curley at Footscray? Ricky at North?
Have I missed anyone?

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 8:29 am

well i barrack for other teams only when they are playing teams that i hate more, so if melb was playing sydney i would be going for melb but thats as far as it goes. (though i do go to other teams training for a perve)
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 4:21 pm

Well, Well, Alf, I too come from SA and still have a soft spot for Port Adelaide - not Port Power - in the SANFL. I thank the Magpies from Crow Country for having the influence on me to barrack for the Magpies in Vic. when we made the big move here. You forgot to mention Geoff Motley! He was always good for Port Adelaide. When the Power joined the AFL I wasn't stressed about them because Nathan Buckley pointed out that Port Adelaide Magpies were still playing in the SANFL and Port Power was a new team into the competition and whom I quickly learnt to hate after copping so much shit about Collingwood from the rellies over there! Anyway Port Adelaide has been a very successful side over the years and I don't think they have ever won a wooden spoon! Correct me if I am wrong!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:49 pm

Don't worry, Magpie Maniac. I haven't forgotten Geoff Motley. The only reason I didn't mention him is that the players I listed were all Port players who had either played for Collingwood or coached them at some stage of their careers.

Actually I met Geoff Motley at the Collingwood Social Club a few months ago. He was with Nathan Buckley and, of course, Bucks was surrounded by people as usual. I doubt if anybody knew who Geoff Motley was. But I recognised him and I went up to him and said hello. And I told him that he'd been one of my childhood heroes. I think he was quite pleased about that.

I think footballers tend to be fairly contemptuous of fans when they're at the peak of their careers. But when they're long retired they seem to take it as a great compliment when someone comes up to them and says that they remember when they were a great player. That was one of the great things about the annual premiership celebrations at Alberton. You would see all these past players who'd been your heroes and you could talk to them without having to fight your way through hundreds of hangers-on.

And, of course, the other great Port champion that I didn't mention was the greatest of them all ... Russel Ebert.

------------------
**floreat pica**

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 9:41 pm

Alf, Azza et al,
Concurred with your call on PA maggies. I think they and Swan Districts won the flag too in 90. (Port always did!)

On Geoff Motley, his son got badly banged up in a car accident years ago (Peter, at Carlton) How is he doing now?
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 4:13 pm

Alf, I wished I had been at the Club to see Geoff Motley! How lucky were you! I'm pretty sure he would have been surprised at being recognised by you , especially since he was from another State . I know he was Nathan Buckley's Manager - possibly still is as well as Craig Kelly. I always find the older players are quite happy to have a chat with us, too. I haven't heard how his son , Peter, is . Perhaps someone can let us know and pass on our best wishes to him .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: