Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

what kind of recruit do colliingwood need to pick up??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deanricho 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We got richo who is fantasic at c/h/b and very underated, I really thonk that Kinnear is a good back up and in case of emergancy I could handle Clement there. But we Really need a Ruckmen to help ROGUN (i HOPE IT IS ALLAN)

(STOP BAGGING MCKEE HE IS A GOOD RUCKMEN OR C/H/B)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 2:38 am

From what I hear.

The first three names in the national draft on October 29 will be:

Nick Riewoldt
Alan Didak
Justin Koschitzke

Nick Riewoldt 191cm 83kg Key forward
Alan Didak 183cm 79kg Best young midfielder
Justin Koschitzke 195cm 78kg key forward can play ruck

The order of these players might change until the draft
but they will definetely be top 3.

Thanks
maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 4:34 am

Good to see your still around member. There is an article on the THE CLUB site discussing the drafting processes with Noel Judkins, he talks about the recruiting of the best available talent and not of quick fixes to suit any current shortages or immediate weaknesses. If all the supposed "rumours" are true member is quite correct with his first three selections, the order may change slightly but they seem to be it, with the aints apparently favouring the first two. After this time it is really a lottery, what type of players are the other clubs targeting? who will they select? What will that leave us when it is our selection? But we do have four picks in the top 40. When you take into consideration that we selected Leon Davis (34) and Roids Johnston (62). you must be reasonably confident of getting some really good promising kids in the draft. After this the pre season draft we are well positioned but really have to wait and see on what happens with aints and who else nominates for the draft. I think everyone agrees that we are pretty keen for a quality ruckman, but if he shows just a little club loyalty money thrown at him by THE CLUB will not sway his decision in signing for us (personnally I am concerned by players that leave clubs for another purely for the financial rewards). We then have to take the next best player available. The problem with this years pre season draft is that I am not that sure on what real quality is going to be available, with a culling of the lists and an increase in the salary caps a lot of the quality players have been signed to their current clubs on increased wages and that is not causing any real problems for anyone at this point in time (except carlscrum to a point).

[This message has been edited by maggee_pye (edited 02 October 2000).]
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 5:07 am

Alan Didak rocks get him!

???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: