Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Footy Tipping

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh fine then well i always pick the margains so screw youz!!!

I actually think the idea sucks that we dont include Pies in it coz then we are gonna have a very low score at the end of the tipping!

???

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 11:13 am

Yeah, Spidergirl, we must be able to come up with something about picking the correct Collingwood margin. We can not have the winning margin, for the obvious reason that we hardly win any games anymore, but a bonus point for the correct margin may make things interesting (or alternatively it could be used to separate people who select the remaining 7 winners so as to award a round bonus prize).
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 4:31 pm

yep and i will get 10 points for picking the first draw of the year---> StKilda O 0 0
Collingwood 0 0 0

???

CJ 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 2:37 am

Spidey,

That the exact same score I picked for the Pies and Saints game last season.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 11:32 am

oh god bugger them their footy tipping was rigged anyway! AFL site tipping sucks. It's like tattslotto what chance have u got when there is like a million people entered in it!

???

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 5:55 pm

Does the petty mean-spiritness of the A.F.L. know no bounds? That has got to be the most miserly, penny-pinching piece of sheer bloody-minded bastardry I've heard of in ages.

What a pack of bludgers the A.F.L. are. Why don't Jackson and his dick-head suited mates get real jobs?

So, Mike.
Do you think this is a bluff?
And, if not, where does this leave the idea of a footy tipping comp?

------------------
**floreat pica**

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 6:13 pm

I just thought of an idea.

Now, I'm no lawyer so don't quote me on this ... but if the A.F.L.'s legal entitlement to charge a fee for tipping competitions rests on its copyright over the fixture, then perhaps we could get around it by not referring to the teams by their official names.

For example: a match between Carlton and West Coast could be referred to as "Carlscum V Wet Coats" or something. We tick whichever team we want to pick ... and stuff the A.F.L.

How are they going to prove that we've ripped off their fixture if we don't actually refer to the clubs by their real names?

Up here for dancin', eh?

But, as I said, I'm no lawyer.

------------------
**floreat pica**

CJ 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2000 4:13 am

Good one Alf.

Alf, just in case I ever need one, I'm going to make you my new lawyer so you can find loop-holes in the law. (which wouldn't be hard anyway )

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2000 10:22 am

Bastardry ay...well thank u Alf that's one new swear word 4 me!

??? (

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2000 3:13 pm

does the afl know if the teams have no fans then there are no teams and if theres no teams theres no afl! ahhhhh. anyway they are so pathetic, if they charge money 4 tipping comps to go on then i suppose they will be giving some of that money to the clubs? i think not! their greediness will never cease to amaze me!
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2000 7:12 pm

When is the bullshit goin to stop,wake up you petty minded scum
AFL, the game does not belong to you.its our game who gives a flying shit about your dirty filthy fixtures.

as far as im concerned u can take your putrid fixtures to the out house and shove em right up your blurters.

you filthy money hungry maggots dont worry about bastardry

the proper term is maggottry or they have maggrotised us again
oh jackson you 4 eyed twat if i ever see you u will be covered in slag from head to toe you bastard.

you poor simple moronic backward fools!!!!!!!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 5:08 pm

I'm going ahead with it anyway. Nick's site has had a lot of media publicity over the years and is known to a lot of journos. It would attract a lot of interest if our little unofficial afl club worship site was attacked by the behemoth.

What I've decided to do is have the Collingwood game automatically tipped as a win each week. That will solve the weekly moral dilemma and still make a tip of 8 a possibility.

As has already been suggested, we'll use the margin of that game as a tie breaker. The margin to tip will be the margin of the game whether we win or lose. That is if you tip a margin of 15 points, it will be correct whether we win or lose the game by 15 points.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 4:28 am

Can we also automatically tip Carlton to lose as well, thus solving another moral dilemma?????

Include me in, but I'd like to select my all tips before the first game, as my extremely poor memory would more than likely result in my forgetting tips, and the secretaries would be worse tippers than me, although it would allow me to shout the classic (and sexist too Alf) line around the office "Show us your tips, show us your tips!"

Well, it's just about first pitch time at Shea Stadium. Here's hoping El Duque can make it 3-0 to the Yankees.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: