Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE HAND OF JOCK TOUCHED ME.....joffa

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2000 7:54 pm
Post subject: THE HAND OF JOCK TOUCHED ME.....joffaReply with quote

It was the year 1917 another typical cold and dreary day in the
suberb of collingwood.Im walking my way through the streets of collingwood to victoria park passing the many boot factories,
housing slums and blacksmiths i see many workers sitting on the foot path having there lunch while reading the form guide prob ably dreaming of great riches which will never arrive.

For this was our collingwood the home of the poor and the working class and the down and out.

The surrounding areas of melbourne scoffed at us and even had the gall to laugh but we did not care for we now have a footy team that would do all the talking for us.

Its our footy team called collingwood the magpies born 25 years ago,the snobs on the other side of the yarra hated us and hated our club even more.Only because we would allways beat them, oh god how dare that working class club beat the finer establishments of melbourne they scoffed.

As i walk up johnston st charlie grabs me to tell me about the fight the night before 'just up their he points excitedly four richmond lads got lost and found them selves in enemy territory,The collingwood hoons or ruffians as the argus newspaper like to call them gave them a right sort of hiding.

As i say good bye to charlie i see an automobile heading towards
lulie st it is none other than john wren 'gooday mr wren' i shout out'gooday lad' says mr wren are the pies goin to win today lad.sure are mr wren i shout back!

My footsteps quicken with excitement as i scurry along lulie st for now i can see victoria park the home of our magpies.Well bugger me its Rush and copeland that have just brushed past me i was kinda too nervous to say hello.

As i push my way through the crowd on entering victoria park me eye balls nearly dropped out of my head i put my hand out and he grabs it and says gooday lad i say nervously hello mr mchale,the hand of jock touched me.

We went on to beat south melbourne that day 8.18 to 6.9
and ultimately go on and win the premiership.

Long live jock we cried as we all headed back to our slums
Our jock mchale the king of collingwood for ever!!!!
joffa

I find it extremely sad that even now the AFL has not honored
the great jock mchale in any shape or form.

Played 17 seasons

Coached collingwood for 38 seasons

well done jock.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 6:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't honored him--->huh? Isn't the bloody stadium named after him?

ah well kewl story anyway!!!

*god I had to think for a minute when i saw that title
though!*

???

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 7:27 am

spidez collingood football club honored him by naming vic park after him.

sadly though the AFL have yet to honor jock in any way and when you look at what he did for footy and the amount of time he involved himself in football its a bloody disgrace.

Why dont they award the premiership coach with a jock mchale medallion!!!!

We still love ya jock you magpie legend of all legends!!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 7:05 pm

It would be nice to honour the great man, and be well deserved, but I can't see it happening. These things tend to be named after someone from the 'media age' who wanyne kerrs like Bruce McAvenney(?) etc can verbally masturbate about. Jock would more than likely prefer us to be a power again.
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 1:42 pm

I throughly enjoyed reading that Joffa,
your a true legend mate.
"Good Ol'Collingwood Forever"
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 2:00 pm

kewl story joffa. and yeah the bloody afl should honour him hes the best coach that there has ever been
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 6:52 pm

1917, hey?

Well Joffa. You better have a few shillings on Westcourt in the Melbourne Cup. My info is that he'll beat Lingle in a very close finish. It's a pity Mr.Wren's tote has already been closed down ... but I'm sure you'll find an SP bookie at the local barber shop.

I'm really glad you survived Gallipoli, mate. But I'm surprised you're not over in Russia helping Mr.Lenin overthrow the Czar.

------------------
**floreat pica**

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 5:42 am

Shit give us a break Alf
i have just come back from the funeral of archbishop Carr

And further more i was one of twelve people arrested outside federal parliament house in Melb protesting at the cost of living.

And then i was off to russia to join my comrades in striking against us lowly paid comrades,which wait for it ignited the
russian revolution.

Then i had to rush back to melb to give my support to johnny bowser who would become premier of victoria.

Westcourt you say how much would a lowly paid scumbag like me win of that nag at 4/1..shame alf shame.

GO THE BOLSEVIKS!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: